Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Ugg, I don't know how to copy from previous posts. Oh well.

Yeah, this one is under 200 calories and it's so good. I also add green onion and a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger to the sauce, which I forgot to include. If I have them around, I might add some chopped peanuts as well :) I'm sure any Nuac Cham sauce recipe from the internet would work great. (I just exclude any oil that isn't sesame). The point is use a ton of vege's and shiritaki noodles for a filling, fresh, and crunchy meal.

Right below the post you want to quote are buttons that say "flag" "quote" "insightful" "inspiring" "like" "hug" Press one of them and voila! :)

(At least on the web version. No idea about the app.)

• BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Man, you have definitely inspired me to buy some noodles!!
    Thanks for posting, both of you 😘
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    Hearts of palm "hummus", I put hearts of palm, Nutritional yeast. Splashed almond milk and seasoning in nutrabulet. It is so filling!

I make oatmeal 4x its size by cooking it a really long time after keeping as overnight pats in fridge. I add glucomannan powder to make it super thick.

I cooked black eyed peas the other day for a long time then soaked while simmering
    Wow! They got huge!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,548 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Hearts of palm "hummus", I put hearts of palm, Nutritional yeast. Splashed almond milk and seasoning in nutrabulet. It is so filling!

I hate the taste of chickpeas so hummus isn't my jam but I do like heart of palm. I need to try this. Thanks!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP wrote: »

I hate the taste of chickpeas so hummus isn't my jam but I do like heart of palm. I need to try this. Thanks!

Artichoke hearts work too :)
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,548 Member
    @VegjoyP I just made the "hummus" with heart of palm, nutritional yeast, almond milk and pesto rosso. That is a pretty fabulous dip. I'm going to take it tonight to my paint party. Thanks!!!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,871 Member
    The 2-ingredient applesauce cake.
    I didn't try it for the longest time cause I don't really like applesauce. But I have changed my mind. It's very filling, just sweet enough for me, and only 32 calories.
    Has anyone else tried it with anything besides applesauce?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    The 2-ingredient applesauce cake.
    I didn't try it for the longest time cause I don't really like applesauce. But I have changed my mind. It's very filling, just sweet enough for me, and only 32 calories.
    Has anyone else tried it with anything besides applesauce?

Curious...does it taste like applesauce (probably a silly question, but the fact that you don't like applesauce yet like this cake made me wonder)?
  • Corina1143
    Yes, it tastes like applesauce, but much milder.
    I don't like the texture of applesauce. I do like apples and apple butter. The texture of the cake is kind of like applesauce, but not so much. Kind of like a crumbly cake.
    After lots of thinking I'm gonna try it with pears. Milder flavor to start with. Less texture problem for me. Should be more like cake if it works.
  • Corina1143
    Tried the cloud cake with pears. Even better. Really like a cloud. Not much flavor, just a hint of sweet. Had it with blueberries tonight. So good.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I tried the '2 ingredient applesauce cake':
    qr8bxjpo03bh.jpg
    lm12ycu46cnz.jpg
    e8rwztv5ccx8.jpg
    7dq0tc8cfjlx.jpg
    sytys6bbcafq.jpg

Decided to make some marshmallow 'fluff' (https://www.attainable-sustainable.net/marshmallow-fluff/)
    Used a small amount of Swerve sugar instead - no honey - the cake itself was quite sweet I found)

I found I liked the cake much better after it sitting in the fridge a few days. Some of the moisture evaporated and was more like a 'cake'. I actually didn't mind the apple flavor either.
  • Corina1143
    Looks fantastic. I agree it's better the second or third day.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I tried the '2 ingredient applesauce cake':
    qr8bxjpo03bh.jpg
    lm12ycu46cnz.jpg
    e8rwztv5ccx8.jpg
    7dq0tc8cfjlx.jpg
    sytys6bbcafq.jpg

Decided to make some marshmallow 'fluff' (https://www.attainable-sustainable.net/marshmallow-fluff/)
    Used a small amount of Swerve sugar instead - no honey - the cake itself was quite sweet I found)

I found I liked the cake much better after it sitting in the fridge a few days. Some of the moisture evaporated and was more like a 'cake'. I actually didn't mind the apple flavor either.

Wow looks amazing!
  • magicfoodfluff
    magicfoodfluff Posts: 228 Member
    Anyone have a Ninja Creami? If so is it worth it?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator

Definitely worth it and i use it all the time

l0mzyr20bb1q.jpg

d06tp9g4sqtx.jpg

mz6xiciikhpr.jpg

4zuiu4cp7e6b.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member

There's a bunch of Ninja Creami chat and recipes in this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10869748/ice-cream-frozen-yogurt-gelato-sorbet-recipe-collection/p1
  • VegjoyP
    Ollybooboo, these are for you, all veggies yjough.
    z6ng1g4by1tb.jpg
    znpbdjgdwklj.jpg
    gucrfxdsadkv.jpg
    sorpez7v4728.jpg
    8rm9y598hk3j.jpg
    scekpntjexoa.jpg
    92xlmr461k0g.jpg
    tsn3kd9pbz0x.jpg
    tx38caaw02bn.jpg
    nwvqiflzxslb.jpg
    s695a0divjas.jpg
    0163le3j0fs9.jpg