dt909biz98rh.png
    qo3nps308e5l.png

Team Winners
    vouoflujmf9p.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Bumbinella wrote: »
    p5b0w28zjtas.jpg

Now waking sign-ups for the February Step Challenge. As you know, you have to re-register for this challenge each month in order to review and change your daily step goal. So send me your first name for the chart, your daily step goal and tell us your favorite place to walk this time of year. That's all it takes! Hope you'll join us!
    Jessica

I would like to enter the steps challenge this month as well ☺️

Bumbinella

Daily step goal: 8.000

My favorite place to walk is the inner city of Vienna. I try to walk between appointments I have in the city. Sometimes you’re even faster walking from one district to the other than if you used public transport.

@jessicakrall8 How often should I post my steps? Every 2-3 days or everyday? Which is easier to track for you? It must be a nightmare to scan all the posts for infos on weigh ins and steps 😅🙈
    And it seems you hardly ever miss anything amidst the countless comments in our group chats. Thank you for this!

@bumbinella I have you added to the challenge for Feb. May I have your first name for the chart please? Sounds like a great use of extra time between appointments. I walk before work to wake up and after work to de-stress...if it's cold or rainy though, I'll do a walk video or walk indoors.

I'd like to everyone to post ever 2-3 days, that way I'm not keying in lists of 7-10 days at a time. Just makes it easier. I've missed a couple of posts, but usually because I'm making a posting at the same time as someone else and the other one doesn't get flagged as "new" for my bookmarks. I blame online gremlins, but I do feel bad when someone has to remind me or make an extra posting to call my attention to one I missed. It does happen though...wish I could say it doesn't!

Welcome to the fun! Good luck this month!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    Add me to the Step challenge please

@alleykat69 Will you stay at 5k steps per day or adjust it? Gotcha down...
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2023
    fe988hytgr2u.jpg
    CONGRATS to all of the Top 3 and all of the honorable mentions! Great job!
    Jessica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi SS.. You have a returning member re-joining your team ...Please welcome @kcpond :)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,043 Member
    Daily step goal: 5,000
    Fri 1/27: 12,269
    Sat 1/28: 10,299
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    Daily check in ~ January 29
    Steps: 17.522
    Workout (4 a week): no
    Calorie deficit: yes
    Vegan: yes
    In bed by 21:00: yes, 9h 23m / 87 score
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I did a good amount of cleaning on Sunday. Tinus went upstairs to sleep on my bed, so that was a good time to start. He is very afraid of the vacuum cleaner so I much rather use it when he isn't nearby. It was nice to clean with the windows open and some incense burning. The rest of the day wasn't very interesting. Tinus was very lazy and slept on my lap a lot. I was very tired and not feeling great, so I went to bed early with a book. Happy Monday everyone <3
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Hello all! Happy Monday Everyone!

I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and drainage, as well as what felt like a fever, although I didn't get up to take my temperature. I was terrified I had covid again, but I took a test this morning and its negative. So good. Actually, I don't feel terrible right now....just a headache and the throat. I probably will jump on the treadmill when my husband goes to PT- he'd lecture me otherwise.

I was really "good" all weekend, calories below goal, but the scale didn't budge this morning. Probably because I'm doing the weekly challenge and drank alot of water yesterday. My body fat went down a bit on the scale, but it jumps around so much I don't pay too much attention. I can handle about 3 days in a row of the scale not moving, but past that I get super frustrated. So here's hoping tomorrow or Wednesday is better.

I'm going to try to stay on track today but not be too hard on myself becuase I'm not 100%

@jessicakrall8 - My name is Melissa for the step challenge!

Welcome @kcpond !

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    Welcome back, @kcpond! I’m less active after transitioning to work at home, too. I’ll look forward to working together to find solutions that help us increase our activity and manage our nutrition better.

Congratulations @CasandraW, @Yukie_OP, and @TexanMom8152 for getting on the leaderboard for week four in January. Shape Shifters placed third for percentage of weight lost and second place for pounds lost because of your success! 👏👏👏

Shape Shifters also lost 76.7 pounds in January— amazing! Thanks to all the members who contributed to our team appearing on the leaderboard again! Congratulations @kodakslim, @TexanMom8152, and @GwenS23! 🎉🎉🎉

I’m always most impressed by the consistency of people who are ‘in the green’ for their losses over the entire month. Great work @Walela617, @zog_a_log, @TexanMom8152, @cre804, and @kodakslim! 🤩🤩🤩

Well done, Shape Shifter!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 508 Member
    @kcpond, welcome back and I'll add you on my fl. And we've got a dusting and a glaze of ice here in se Missouri.
    Pw 217.6
    Cw 217.6
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 648 Member
    @kcpond, welcome back and I'll add you on my fl. And we've got a dusting and a glaze of ice here in se Missouri.

We have about 20cm (5 inches) of snow here. And right now very ice, snow had started to melt and then froze :smiley: .
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @Pupowl - I planned to clean yesterday, and woke up motivated, but I ended up going to a work event that my husband wanted me to attend with him instead. I love the freshness of the house after opening the windows and cleaning so I’m just going to live vicariously through you today, step outside, and take a deep breath of fresh air. My dog is afraid of the vacuum cleaner, too, but he doesn’t mind the hairdryer. He even likes the hairdryer after a bath! 🐶 Recently, my husband bought one of those Roomba vacuum cleaners that constantly move around the floor, which annoy me with their noise and bumping but not enough to fuss about it. I thought it would drive our dog crazy but he accepted it after a short adjustment period. I wish I felt the same way but I’m still not used to it. So I retreat upstairs while it’s bumping around — whenever possible!🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

I’m going to try getting through my work efficiently today so I can clean off a work table in my office at least. I set small goals whenever my larger goals seem too difficult. We’ll see if it works —

• PatriceFitnessPal
    edited January 2023
    @SavageMrsMoose - I’m so sorry to hear about your dog’s most recent diagnosis. Buddy looks so triumphant up on the sofa. Thanks for sharing the picture. He definitely looks happy and it’s clear he enjoys a high quality of life — the quintessential ‘lucky dog’ to spend his days with such a loving and caring family. You certainly explored the best treatment for him and he’ll continue to enjoy his time snuggling close on the couch!

I hope your sore throat feels better soon. I think you’re smart to continue your (covert) workouts, as long as you feel up to it. Listening to our bodies is key, and exercise will probably help you cope with the stress of Buddy’s illness, etc. Take care!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @kcpond we actually live in the same area, small world!! Welcome back
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    @Jessicakrall8 here are my steps for end of January.They have been very low so no chance of catching up with @Pupowl 🤣
    1/27 6,446
    1/28 2,278
    1/29 4,659
    Could I join the February Step Challenge please.15,000 steps.
    My favourite place to walk is my local park & local area,through the woods & along the stretch of linked canal paths.
  • zog_a_log
    zog_a_log Posts: 33 Member
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in Monday
    (SW): 135.8lbs
    PW: 132.8lbs
    CW: 132.6bs
    LTD: 3.2 lbs
  • brttny7979
    brttny7979 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi everyone!

Last week/weekend was great and I got some movement on the scale, but today has been rough. Stressed out and can’t stop snacking. Remembered to check in here and hopefully that can help me get out of this spiral (already well over my daily calorie goal and nearing the f* it zone which I am trying to avoid).

Name- brttny7979
    SW- 198
    PW- 152
    CW- 150

Tips to stop a binge? Went for a walk but got back home and ended up eating 2 of my kids leftover quesadillas bc they were sitting in front of me! Ugh!
This discussion has been closed.