Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,047 Member
    Sandy, praying for you. This is a difficult part of life.

Long distance hugs. ❤️🙏🏻🙏🏻❤️

Lin
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Oh dearest Sandy, all my thoughts and prayers for you and Babe and your families. This does sound bad! My strong advice is to gather your support around you. Family, friends and your church
    We all here are so very concerned about you and Babe. As you know, these sneakers have hung together for years. Your well-being is paramount for us. We are all reaching across the miles to hold you and try any way possible to comfort you and Babe’s family.
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    So just a teapot at the end of the day….

cfnlgqal7r0k.jpeg

Sleep well everyone.

Lin
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Oh Sandy. This is just terrible. Sending love and hugs and prayers. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    edited January 2023
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Oh dear, having trouble again with this site
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Another horribly grey and cold day but I did take George and Betty for a long walk first thing. The fires have been lit early and I’m about to clean the shower room and wash the kitchen floor but then I might just snuggle down and watch a movie if I can find something worth watching!

I’m holding on to the thought that no news is good news for Sandy and Babe. ❤️
    Jackie
  • Loveburg87
    Me as well, JACKIE as regards to Babe and Sandy. No news is good news.
    Anne ❤️❤️

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,002 Member
    edited January 2023
    GM. Yes the news is a little better. They have lowered his oxygen but a new scan shows he still has pneumonia. He is also having problems swallowing so he can’t have any food or water. His mood is good and he is determined to get better. This is such a roller coaster because one day they are talking DNR and the next on how they are working on him to get stronger. I feel I was premature in having his daughter come in today but as I was told she certainly won’t be angry if he gets better.
    I am spending the nights with him because he doesn’t like being alone. He has a nice big corner room with a couch that opens to a bed.
    I had a problem with the nurse yesterday but since my ex daughter in law works here it was taken care of and she is really nice to me now. She is back today so we will see how things go today.
    I am doing fine although a little tired but my son, my granddaughter and his niece came yesterday. Cheryl and Marisa come everyday as well. Support is wonderful
    Will try keeping you updated but the days are busy with doctors, nurses and techs coming in and out.
    Have a great day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    A cold day with high thin clouds. Dreary! But tonight we are to have a winter super cold snap that will also have icy rain. No fun there!

John had his eye exam and he is super anxious about the cataract surgery. His doc wants him to be extra careful in recovery. He has a difficult cataract in one eye. He has a echocardiogram scheduled for Feb 7th. I think he will be fine. His bp is good and the water pill has taken care of the edema.

My heart goes out to dear Sandy and family. Having a seriously sick family member makes everyone in that family sick with worry and concern. You are in our thoughts and prayers everyday.

Tonight we will have veggie burgers and baked sweet potato fries. We are basically vegetarian but we do eat dairy, fish and egg whites occasionally. It really isn’t too stringent or difficult to find a menu to please John or the family..

Katie is fluffing out after her grooming. I had to clip her her pretty close last time. She had serious mats. I had let her go too long. I got her nail clipped This is a true labor of love. I have allergies for a whole day afterward. But all is well now.

Listening to Vince Geraldi trio,Charlie Brown soundtrack. A favorite of mine!🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
    Stay well and safe, everyone.
    Patsy☘️

• linder4866
    edited January 2023
    Good evening. Thinking of you Sandy. Time spent in the hospital keeping someone company can be so long. I hope it has been a good day and that Babe’s daughter arrived and had a very nice visit with him. Hoping for more positive news.

Be safe everyone.

Another teapot.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

4z7ubu9dif6p.jpeg
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 176 Member
    edited January 2023
    Sandy I have you and Babe in my thoughts and prayers. Thinking of you at this time.
  • Loveburg87
    edited January 2023
    Hoping to hear more from SANDY today and hoping it is good news. ❤️

We, the Bean and I, had a good day. Michael, freshly shorn from the barbers, came over. It’s always a good day for Jilly when Mike, Mark or MJ turn up. She got two short walks because it was freezing cold and we’ve woken up to snow today. Poor Mark and hopefully Derek my grandson will show up to help him shovel. My Good Samaritan a few days ago was Darren. We had lasagna for lunch and a chat about the future, my future precisely, as I continue to age; help as in gardening, cleaning etc. The doctor didn’t help on Friday telling me “you are old” and then continuing with what I can expect down the road. Of course such dire news had the effect of making me feel like a spring lamb this morning after initially feeling somewhat gloomy at the prospect of no longer climbing up mountains etc.

Anyway with two episodes of Midsomer Murders on TV last night to watch we had a fairly late going to bed for once which means Jilly is curled up on the sofa next to me as I write this and is fast asleep in doggie dreamland the way the feet are twitching. A good day to do the washing at the cheap weekend rate.

I will keep checking in to see if SANDY posts and wishing and hoping for good news.
    Anne.

• jacAth3
    edited January 2023
    Hello sneakers. It’s another grey, dismal day but slightly warmer so the morning walk was one of our shorter strolls to the next village and back. It was unusually quiet for a Sunday but that made it more pleasant because we weren’t dodging cars. George did sneak in a grumble and run on his long lead at a black and white Collie that I hadn’t noticed as I looked at some plants for sale on a bench outside the property I once bought a cucumber labelled “yard long” that barely grew to 6”…. I won’t bother this year!
    I’m meeting Linda tomorrow for one of our coffee and cake outings, this time to a farm shop called Strawberry Fields in Lifton that is just into Devon, so I’m afraid I will be tempted to buy more than just cake. An early long walk should tire the pooches and hopefully make room for a few extra calories!

I see Anne has popped in ahead of me. Hah, doctors putting us into boxes labelled “old” can get lost! A GP once told me I should be slowing down when I was 52 and struggling with a frozen shoulder, then he looked at my records and told me we were the same age so got my frosty response “And are you slowing down?” My age wasn’t mentioned again! Recently I watched a programme about our paramedics and they all said they loved to help us oldies because we never complained and were nearly always stoic whereas younger generations struggled!

Sandy, the support you are getting is wonderful but give yourself the occasional break. I think DNR’s are mentioned in most situations just in case and I hope visits from his daughter went well. You have an awful lot to deal with without hassle!

Patsy, the man with his white Retriever I chatted to last week told me he had adopted her as a puppy and she was so small he took her for a check with the vet who told him she was barely 6 weeks old. That’s against our laws and when investigations took place it was found she was bred in Ireland and her vaccination papers were fake so she had to go into quarantine. She was very much like your Katie in personality, adorable but bordering on anti-social! I couldn’t believe how much I had been missing when my cataracts were removed. It’s a simple but scary procedure but a couple of deep breaths and it will be done then you must nag John if he doesn’t follow post op instructions!

That teapot is interesting Lin. His Most Excellent Majesty! I wonder when that was dropped. I can never remember if you are in Iowa. Yesterday I watched a YouTube video from a live feed from someone driving in heavy snow. Perhaps it ended up over Anne!

Time for a lunch snack then I will vacuum up the staircase and beyond!
    Jackie 🥰
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Oh Sandy. Glad you are staying with him. It’s good for both of you. Fingers crossed that he gradually gets better - well hopefully soon. Big hugs.
  • linder4866
    Sandy, hoping today brought good news. Thinking of you and Babe. ❤️❤️

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

3rhce5xkj8jp.jpeg
  • jwubben6600
    No offense Anne, but your doctor is a jerk! In the first place, people are living longer. The pandemic caused a few steps back but in general we are getting healthier. We exercise and eat right. A few naughty treats occasionally but not too much or too often. We have vitamins and good meds now. A good attitude and strong family or friendships extend our life. I have read many good articles on aging and they say do as much as possible without risking damage (ladders or power tools) stay social with family or friends and stay interested in life and life’s activities. As sneakers we do that!

Sandy: all my love and prayers, dear. Thinking of you and Babe’s family and hoping for good news soon.
    Patsy☘️

• Loveburg87
    Of course you are right PATSY! I have to admit when I first met my doctor he had light brown hair and mine was just starting to turn a bit. Three years later he is white all over and I’m just beginning to turn a bit. A good belly laugh helps as well as we age. I had to give him a urine sample, “I don’t feel I can pee right now”I bleated. “Try” he said, so off I trotted clasping a tray and a small container, followed by the stares of mainly elderly men in the waiting room who knew exactly what I was up to. Well, I tried and I tried for ages and ages and finally trotted out with barely a1/4 inch. The old men were still staring when I handed it to the receptionist at which point I got the giggles. “Can you use THIS” I asked at which point after assuring me it could be tested she got the giggles as well. Probably made her day surrounded as she was by crutches, walkers, walking sticks and other paraphernalia.

Shower and hair wash time,
    Return later I expect when SANDY posts with hopefully good news.❤️❤️

Anne.
  • jacAth3
    I’ve struggled to get anywhere near to the MFP Community pages until now but not much to report. I was walking on the moors by 0830 with George and Betty then got picked up by Linda and off we set for our coffee and cake. It was sunny but cool which was perfect for a drive and sitting in a coffee shop with wide windows. Our cakes and coffee were delicious so we sat talking for a couple of hours, mostly with Linda telling me about her distressing visit to see family where her brother’s 85 year old widow was being controlled in an unpleasant way by her nephews wife. A dreadful story made worse because her nephew has power of attorney. This story is to be continued because Linda is planning to drive back to stay for a few days and hopefully find a way to intervene.

Back home around 3pm I collected tools to instal a new towel rail in the shower room only to discover by Google searching that a special drill piece is needed to make holes in ceramic tiles. I managed online to order and pay for what I needed then drove to the pickup point, drove back home, put up the rail, made a cup of tea and that was my day over!

The sneakers page keeps going blank so I’m not going to risk having to start again.

Thinking of Sandy and Babe. ❤️ Hello to everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    I wondered what was going on.! Thought it was my machine. Seems okay now.
    Anne.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) very cold today so perfect for an afternoon nap