JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    @cgottschlich - wanted to respond. Yes, WW does adjust your points as you lose weight.Supposedly they have it all calculated in. Losing weight is slow .. but it is a lifestyle change. I know for me, the scale moves SO slow.. like I am luckly if I can lose .5 # a week. When I was younger, I could easily drop 2# a week just skipping snacks .. not so much now!
    You were also asking what the point of this thread is. When I first started it, it was because I wanted to change bad habits.. and that is hard to do. It takes 21 days to see changes in habits.. so this thread was originally meant as a way to keep track of the changes we want to make.
    But it is for whatever works for you! Some use this as a daily checklist, or a to-do list. Some use it as a way to "vent" if they need to. Some respond with long posts.. others just post their own list. So it is for however it can work for you. Really no rules... just a positive, encouraging, thread to help ourselves achieve our goals!
  • mytime6630
    @emgracewrites:

I made a healthy eating plan when I woke up this morning and I’ve already gone off track. Trying to keep it somewhat on the rails today.

Great way to start the day .. knowing what you plan to eat helps so much!
  • cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    Slept bad last night. I think it was the big burrito bowl from Chipotle i ate last right before sleeping. A zero point bowl is a great dinner when youre low on points, but i cant ignore biology! The problem is sometimes i can get away with eating just before bed, and sometimes it even helps with falling asleep. But when the cards dont fall that way, theres nothing to do but wait and think on my sin.

Despite all that, this morning has been okay. I am floated by my stellar experience watching Warhammer for the first time last night. I got pissed off at the husband because he was taking forever to leave for work, but we've made up since then. I was looking forward to a restful day to myself, especially before his work at home day tomorrow. Alas, i have spent my day tending to yogurt and relearning Dvorak keyboard! Somewhat restful, but i'm still pooped. I'm glad i dont have anything going on this weekend. Might do a small getaway.

Dieting has been rather easy today, altho my sweet tooth is acting up for some reason. Had a delicious made to order salad with hummus and vinegar as the dressing. Will have to order again. I'm on track with my points, so i think i will lose weight this week, huzzah.
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
    📆 January 5-pound challenge 📆
    Weigh-in on Saturdays
    January 21: 130.7
    January 14: 130.1
    January 07: 130.7
    December 31: 132.7
    Total lost: 2 lbs
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Goals for 1/25:
    - yoga ✅
    - Crochet ❌
    - Wash dishes ❌
    - reload dishwasher ❌
    - Clean out refrigerator ❌
    - Fold laundry ❌
    - Job hunt ❌
    - Contact editors ❌
    - Take trash out ✅

Daily gratitude: I ate some fruit today.

So many red X’s! I really didn’t take care of myself today. Too little water, too much junk food and anxiety.
  • emgracewrites
    Goals for 1/26:
    - yoga
    - Crochet
    - Wash dishes
    - reload dishwasher
    - Clean out refrigerator
    - Fold laundry
    - Job hunt
    - Contact editors
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳
    🐳🐬January 2023 🐬🐳
    🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳

• December was rather a trial for me. However, although I had a bad bout of Covid, I managed to stay on point,
    • I am continuing with my present routine in January.
    Focus for January:
    • Recovery time. Avoid added sugar
    • work on strength and flex
    • Adhere to Daily Solid Habits
    Avoid sugar!
    💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
    💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
    💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
    💚💚💚💚💚
    This is making such a difference.

Strength/flex:
    🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️
    🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️
    Very pleased that %age body muscle has increased, and weight has stayed steady. I always worry when I up my strength workouts.

Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

🫶 Terri

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited January 2023
    The sad fact is that there are no hard and fast rules to getting fit and healthy. Each one of us is a unique individual, and there is no magic formula for what we want to do.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Slow, steady, sustainable habit adjustments are crucial to getting to where we want to be.

I started in January 2015.
    My WHY! I had developed degenerative bone disease in one hip which impacted my mobility. My weight had crept up, which didn’t help matters. I needed a hip op, but had to lose an appreciable amount of weight before that could happen. I was 227 lbs, and at rock bottom emotionally.
    My HOW! By chance, I received an email from my writing coach which set out a way to achieve writing goals which resonated with me. It set out a 4 step plan which changed my life. I realised that it could be applied to all sorts of goals and resolved to use it to create a written plan for my desire to lose weight.
    📍My 4 Step Plan for goal setting success
    (AKA Jurgen Wolff, 'My Writing Coach')

📍Step 1.
    Imagine you are at the end of the year. Think of the one thing that you would like to be able to look back at, at the end of the year, and say 'I did that!'
    Write:
    "At the end of this year I would like to look back and be able to say ....................."
    This becomes your primary goal. (If you have an unused note book use the first page to do this.)

📍Step 2
    Underneath that write:
    "Today, to help me achieve my primary goal, I am going to do............... (Write in one or two small things that you can do now to start you off.)
    Now go and do them! You are taking the first step towards success!

📍Step 3.
    Now that you have taken the first step write out and complete the following sentences
    Tomorrow I will ....................... to help me achieve my primary goal.
    This week I will ....................... to help me achieve my primary goal.
    Next week I will ...................... to help me achieve my primary goal.
    Next month I will .................... to help me achieve my primary goal.
    Please take the time to write these out. It reinforces your commitment to the goal.

📍Step 4
    Review your progress daily, weekly, monthly.
    Adjust the steps as you progress.
    CELEBRATE EVERY SINGLE STEP YOU TAKE!

This is what I wrote on the first page of my notebook.

📍At the end of the year I would like to be able to look back and say that I had lost 1lb for every week of 2015.

📍Today, to help me achieve my primary goal, I will:
    1. start logging my calories on MFP.
    I had been putting this off for far too long. (I got the shock of my life when I realised how many calories I was eating. My dietician had said I should be eating between 1200 and 1500.)
    2. walk to the local shops. (This was a 2 mile walk. It took me over an hour, but I felt great afterwards.)

📍This week, to help me achieve my primary goal, I will:
    1. park on the other side of the town park and walk to and from the activity centre instead of parking outside it. (This was a twenty minute walk each way as I took a roundabout route through the park. )
    2. weigh my food and log it on MFP and stay under goal.( I have done this almost every day now since I started logging.)
    3. do a minimum of 30 minutes exercise every day and log it on MFP. (I started walking around the neighbourhood after dinner if I hadn't done this earlier in the day. I also did ‘Walk with Lesley' several times a day as well as doing my out and about stuff.

📍Next week, to help me achieve my primary goal, I will:
    1. weigh and log foods
    2. increase my walking to a minimum of 60 minutes a day
    3. do a minimum of 3 X 30 minute aerobics sessions
    4. do 30 minutes of Tai Chi each morning

📍Next month, to help me achieve my primary goal, I will:
    1. weigh and log food
    2. Join challenges on MFP
    3. increase my aerobics sessions to 45 minutes
    4. Extend my yoga/tai chi using YouTube vids
    5. increase my walking to 90 minutes a day
    6. Keep a diary of my progress.
    7. Add other goals as the months pass, but never lose sight of my primary goal for the year.

I steadily adjusted my habits. One small thing at a time.

By September 2015 I had lost over 40 lbs and had my hip replacement done.

I hit several plateaus after that, but kept going until I reached maintenance in November 2019. I have continued to adjust my habits and gradually dropped some more weight and now weigh what I weighed pre babies.

• cgottschlich
    Successfully avoided eating after dinner last night. Dont know if thats what did it, but i slept great. Woke up at 5 something AM (over an hour earlier than typical) feeling refreshed and ready for the day. Also hit my point goal yersterday, with three points to make up before sunday morn. I managed to rest during the evening as well. Agenda wasnt finished, but im glad i stopped overworking and was able to let it go (for the most part).

Gonna have some raisin bran and then stretch. Yogurt isnt done, but it should be by evening. Might be more of a kefir, but im fine with that.

Nothing schedule tonight or tomorrow. The only real pressing thing to get done is taking out the trash (and cleaning out the fridge) and responding to some lady on discord about an event im planning for a group. Then i can relax, enjoy my Friday, finishing my agenda at my pace.
    Weigh-in on Saturdays
    Total lost: 2 lbs
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. THINK PINK. Draft email follow-up for superintendent. <-- having some difficulty with this.
    2. Online facilitation - JFT. Update class website. Duolingo. Cover class. Grade daily work & input. Reply to emails. Set up grammar test and put reading assignment on Google Classroom.
    3. Pit Crew - pep rally.
    4. Planning - Reading (Nettle & Bone). Update Goodreads! Call to set up testing for ADHD. NEED TO WORK ON SCRIPTS! ChatGPT update; Source v Search Engine; Taxes scripts. Shoot "pack ratting pros and cons" quick vid. Also need a SJ video soon.
    5. English class - HW Survey / Grammar Test / Awa / PowerSchool check. (Weekly SWE = CLOSER)
    6. Lifting. Park walk?
    7. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA/park walk? Roadhouse? Library volunteering. Sun RC 10-4; podcast. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to choose doors. What time is GAE virtual meeting on 1/26? Except don't forget dinner with parents that evening. Grocery shopping – take clothing donation. Need to add camisoles to bag. Where is my list of core values? YIKES.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 204.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; flamingo shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Feb 9 10A; Cora OBG 245P. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Ginormous uptick today. Yesterday at school was quite stressful, and then we went to visit family for dinner and for whatever reason we had all the delicious thanksgivingy foods! So, yeah. It'll come back down... eventually... :D
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.

Others I like: Community, Connection, Values (list), ?Patience, Cultivate, Explore, Compassion/Empathy, Rest, Brilliance/Radiance, Hope, Tactics, Joy, Solidarity, Renewal, Camaraderie, Shield
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Wednesday
    - sleep in 😀
    - Weigh 😀
    - Gym 😀
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Pack :smiley:
    - Drive :smiley:
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - Show :smiley:
    - Chill :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

January 5 lb challenge
    Jan 2: 160.8
    Jan 25: 155.8

Had a lot of fun with Vanessa these past 2 days. SIX is an awesome show. So full of energy, V & I loved it. Then yesterday we met my uncle for breakfast and went prom dress shopping. V found a dress she loved, and it looks beautiful on her. Just needs hemmed. It cost a small fortune, but daddy said it was ok to buy.

Got home around 3:00 and took a nap then headed out to trivia with hubby. We won the monthly contest, the gift cards paid for dinner and drinks. It was a fun night.

Nothing really planned for today other than work stuff. It totally feels like a Monday after having the last 2 days off. I could totally get used to 3 day work weeks!

JFT Friday
    - Up by 6:30 :(
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Redo slides for presentation :smiley:
    - Give presentation :smiley:
    - mini meals
    - Lean & green dinner
    - Summarize notes from MR Meeting
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:00
  • pridesabtch

January 5 lb challenge
    Jan 2: 160.8
    Jan 25: 155.8

JFT Friday
    - Up by 6:30 :(
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Redo slides for presentation :smiley:
    - Give presentation :smiley:
    - mini meals 😞
    - Lean & green dinner😞
    - Summarize notes from MR Meeting😀
    - No alcohol😀
    - Bed by 11:00😀

Feeling blah, TOM…. No real goals.
  • cgottschlich
    Oops, forgot to post yesterday!

Yesterday was my last weighin for the 5 pound challenge. My end weight was 130.1 pounds. Thats a total of 2.6 pounds, or roughly 0.65 pounds a week. Congrats to all who hit their goals!

Last night i slept kinda funky again. Definitely clenching my teeth more. Maybe cause i was hungry before bed? Cutting out late night snacking is tough, since this is the perfect time to make up for a lack of calories earlier in the day. My original goal was to stop eating after dinner, but i might switch that to no snacking after a particular time. The night before was even worse, but i think that was from stress.

Today i purposely have nothing on my agenda. I meant that to be yesterday but a few things crept in. Despite that, yesterday was pretty restful, which is good, becaus i was still wiped yesterday. I feel my strength returning and my lethargy leaving. Next Saturday will be a DDR outing with a bunch of people so next week i rly need to balance work-rest better. So far, looks like i will be back to normal and full of energy Monday, which is a great start! (and great in general}

Yogurt came out great! Very flavorful, and easy to make. I do wish it was a bit more tart. Also theres a bit of an off taste. Both of these might go away if i let it ferment a bit longer before eating, but its so hard to! I also want to experiment with less sugar. Its still very sweet at the end. Maybe thats encouraging less than tasty organisms.

Dieting was very on track this week. A little loosey goosey in the beginning, but cutting animal products made it trivial to reel in. If i only use twenty points today, ill hit a weekly point total of zero. Im very happy that after my blowout week, im right back to the previous week's weight. Easy! Im more kotivated than ever. This shiz seems to be really working.
    Weigh-in on Saturdays
    January 28: 130.1
    Total lost: 2.6 lbs
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm 5 pages behind, but if I take the time to go back and read right now, I won't get any goals posted. So....I hope everyone is well and I'll catch up later when I can. :)

Just for Sunday
    • NoBS 24H Plan & Assess
    • NoBS Weekly Plan & Assess
    • Weigh in and record
    • 64 oz water
    • Finish up January bills & budget - med ins payment due?
    • No BS live coaching call this morning
    • Journal my food and close diary at the end of the day
    • Finish quilting on Amelia's lap quilt and begin binding
    • Declutter upstairs 15 min / Digital Declutter 15 min
    • Sewing Room Declutter & Organize (Just Get It Done Quilts) - Day 1
    • Get my week time-boxed out in my bullet journal/planner. Lots going on. Need to organize.
    • Early to bed. Coffeemaker. Set alarm to get up earlier tomorrow.

January's WOTM: Balance ........ I'm looking for a more balanced life in my body, mind & spirit
    2023 WOTY: Persevere ........ Work through the hard stuff until I get to the positive outcomes I'm desiring in my life.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited January 2023
    JFT 1/29 Sunday
    1) Church 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / workout?
    3) Net calories zero??? / 72+ oz. water
    4) Wash dishes / digital declutter / clear some papers / prep bday cards for this week / cancel print magazine renewals / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

Yay, the sun is shining! :sunglasses: We haven't had a full sunny day for over a month!!! But, with the clear sky, comes the bitter cold. We'll be lucky to reach 20F for daytime highs this week. Which means no dog walks. Doggo doesn't spend much time out in our backyard even, she comes running back to door after taking care of business LOL.

Yesterday was hubby's bday and, as I have since 1996 for every bday I've known him, I made some of his favorite foods: homemade spaghetti meat sauce (my family's recipe), garlic bread and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (using recipes on Hershey's cocoa can). I indulge right along with him, and we have plenty of leftovers, but he'll eat the majority. At least I was active. We had new fridge delivered in a.m., and I made many trips to basement fridge to bring stuff to kitchen. Also had put freezer stuff in our uninsulated garage until delivery once we knew times, so I put stuff out, then had to bring all back in. It definitely did not melt hahaha.

To be followed by my mom's bday on Tuesday, her 86th. We're going to visit then, for (partial) family celebration & lunch at an area restaurant, which I've never been to & no menu online. I'll do my best. I'm making a new to me cake recipe, St. Louis gooey butter cake. At least that cake will have plenty of people to eat it up.

5# Challenge ~ according to my "official" Sat. weigh-ins:
    Dec. 31 = 177
    Jan. 7 = 177 still eating holiday foods
    Jan. 14 = 176.5 getting treats & portions under control
    Jan. 21 = 176.5 actually down from midweek LOL
    Jan. 28 = 178 too many snacks & challenge failure... big oops

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      [**] January: parsnip/potato mash :) yum
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ I had to cancel in 2022 due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised)
    • register for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019 & not as large of turnout, still 4,000+ participants
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ C
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • emgracewrites
    Goals for 1/30
    - yoga
    - Crochet
    - Log food and water
    - Job hunt
    - Wash dishes
    - Contact editors
    - Hang up clean laundry

Weekend went by way too fast. Need to reset starting tomorrow (Monday). And try to not get so worked up about stuff I have no control over.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    Just posting to say hi.
    I won’t be back home until Feb 7th at midnight.

The thought that I could keep up with goals were dashed as soon as I arrived.

I think I’ve gained my loss back as well. That is because of all of the carbs and chips I’ve been eating. I think it will drop fast when I get back home and eat properly.
  • pridesabtch
    edited January 2023
    My daughter goes today to try to get into an intensive outpatient program for her bipolar disorder. I'm super proud of her for taking this so seriously and taking action, but also super scared for her. Pittsburgh has a great medical center and I hope they can get my baby girl balanced. She is so sad and anxious. She has lost a ton of weigh and she was only 110 pounds to start with. They rejected her from the first program she tried to get into because they wanted disordered eating to be her primary focus. She truly feels that it is secondary to the bipolar, and that if they get her stable the eating will right itself. Y'all I'm so scared for her. I just want to go and make everything ok, but I can't fix this any more than Tim could fix me when I was struggling. I just hate this for her. I'm hoping for her that therapy helps, for me it gave me a place to express myself, but it didn't really help me deal with things until they got my medication right. When you can't make your feelings match your reality, talking isn't as useful.

The past couple of days, my eating has been way off. I didn't weigh today, but I probably countered my 5# loss from earlier in the month by now. I just don't know what to do or what to think.

Tim and I went to see one of Sierra's former teammates from gymnastics compete on the college level yesterday. She did great, but it was so hard to see the other parents and have them ask about Sierra. Mental illness is very private, so we say "She's doing great in school." and "She rarely even wants to come home." Both true, but I just want to cry when I talk to them. I'm not really close enough to them to let them into this part of my life. If I won't let them in for me, I am definitely not letting them in to her struggles. Actually, ITRW very few people know I'm bipolar. Truth be told, I often would think I am just not good at dealing with life and that I'm not really BP at all. Seeing Sierra struggle reminds me of how real the pain can be and that it is a real disease.

Sorry, I'll catch y'all later. Prayers are appreciated, though my faith is rather shaky right now.

JFT Monday
    - Work by 6:20 :smiley:
    - Work Stuff
    - Eat, but not binge
    - Spin class at 6:00
    - dinner at home
    - bed by 10:00
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. THINK PINK. Draft email follow-up for superintendent. <-- having some difficulty with this.
    2. Online facilitation - JFT. Update class website. Duolingo. Cover class. Grade daily work & input. Reply to emails. Set up reading assignment on Google Classroom.
    3. Pit Crew - health survey.
    4. Planning - Reading (Nettle & Bone). Update Goodreads! Call to set up testing for ADHD. NEED TO WORK ON SCRIPTS! ChatGPT update; Source v Search Engine; Taxes scripts. Also need a SJ video soon.
    5. English class - HW Survey / Grammar Test / Awa / PowerSchool check. (Weekly SWE = CLOSER)
    6. Lifting. Park walk?
    7. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Thursday Dems meeting / podcast. Saturday YMCA/park walk? Roadhouse video? Library volunteering. Sun RC 10-4; podcast. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to choose doors. Grocery shopping – take clothing donation. Where is my list of core values? YIKES.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 203.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; flamingo shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Feb 9 10A; Cora OBG 245P. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. And I am still stressed and frustrated and feeling pulled in all different sorts of directions.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.

Others I like: Community, Connection, Values (list), ?Patience, Cultivate, Explore, Compassion/Empathy, Rest, Brilliance/Radiance, Hope, Tactics, Joy, Solidarity, Renewal, Camaraderie, Shield
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member

Just for Sunday
    • NoBS 24H Plan & Assess 😃
    • NoBS Weekly Plan & Assess 😃
    • Weigh in and record 😃
    • 64 oz water 😃
    • Finish up January bills & budget - med ins payment due? ❌
    • No BS live coaching call this morning 😃
    • Journal my food and close diary at the end of the day ❌
    • Finish quilting on Amelia's lap quilt and begin binding ❌
    • Declutter upstairs 15 min 😃 Cleaned upstairs freezer. / Digital Declutter 15 min ❌
    • Sewing Room Declutter & Organize (Just Get It Done Quilts) - Day 1 ❌ Carry over Monday?
    • Get my week time-boxed out in my bullet journal/planner. Lots going on. Need to organize. ❌
    • Early to bed. ❌ Difficult night of sleep. Few hours here and a few hours there. Very broken up. Set up auto coffeemaker. 😃 Set alarm to get up earlier tomorrow. 😃

Good morning! One of my favorite things about retirement is not having to work on Mondays. :blush: There is a blue sky today and that has been very rare here in WI over the past month. It certainly does make a difference in my mood. Lifts my spirits for sure. It's -16 degrees F today though, so no walk for my Maddie. She's pouting. :wink:

Tomorrow I have to be on clear liquid diet for a medical exam/procedure Wednesday, so I'm already dreading that. I felt like I was suffering last night going to bed without a snack, for cripe's sake. So this should be interesting. This week I have a few medical tests, and those always make me feel a bit anxious so I'm going to try to stay busy and divert my attention to other things versus sitting here worrying about stuff I can't do anything about right now.

Hope y'all have a nice day!

Just for Monday
    • NoBS 24H Plan & Assess
    • 64 oz water before 7PM
    • Finish up January bills & budget - ins payment due?
    • Walmart run for prescription and prep stuff for exams this week
    • Journal food and close diary at the end of the day
    • Finish quilting on Amelia's lap quilt and watch AQ binding video from last week. Begin binding?
    • Declutter upstairs 15 min / Digital Declutter 15 min
    • Sewing Room Declutter & Organize (Just Get It Done Quilts) - Day 1
    • Get my week time-boxed out in my bullet journal/planner. Lots going on. Need to organize in my brain.
    • Early to bed. Coffeemaker. Set alarm for earlier wake-up time.

January's WOTM: Balance ........ I'm working toward balance in life without all the stressful thoughts and drama of past.
    2023 WOTY: Persevere ........ Work through the hard stuff until I get to the positive outcomes I'm desiring in my life.

• mytime6630
    edited January 2023
    Been busy working on the quilt for my friend ... I am now FMQ it, so hopefully it will be finished next week. We went to the visitation saturday.. so very sad.
    Goals for today are simple again.. busy day!
    JFT, Monday
    1. log ALL food
    2. concentrate on water.. Drink 32 oz before I drink any soda!!! Mix Fiber One into first glass
    3. dinner tonite: leftover chicken enchilidas... make a large salad with it
    4. mindful eating .. stop and think before grabbing
    5. clean house
    6. work on quilt

Its a very cold, icy day.. so no gym today.. but going to try and gt there tomorrow.
    Red Cup Challenge
    1/12 :) Did OK.. but still only got in maybe 5 cups.
    1/13 :s
    1/14 :s
    1/15 :s Son was in town past 3 days.. and I know I did not get in enough water; actually ate very poorly today, but tomorrow will be the start of a new week for me. .. new challenges.
    1/16 :s
    1/17 :s
    1/18 :s
    1/19 :)
    1/20 - did not keep track
    1/21 - did not keep track
    1/22 - did not keep track
    1/23 - did not keep track
    1/24 - did not keep track
    1/25 :) -- but still only 64 ounces! Trying to fill up my 32 oz jug.. and drink 3 of these! THis is so hard to do!!
    1/26
    1/27
    1/28
    1/29
    1/30
    1/31
    5-pound challenge!
    SW, Jan 1st 207.6
    Weekly weigh-in... I will weigh myself every Sunday. I choose that day because it will help me over the weekends, which is usually my worse time.
    Sunday, Jan 1: 207.8 starting weight
    Jan 8: 204.6 -3 pounds. Had a OK week.. did ok about 5 days. My 1st goal is to be under 200 by feb 1st
    Jan 15: 203.8 (Total-4#)--- This was my weight on friday, before my son came, so I am going to record that weight. My weight this morning was actually 206 .. but that was from eating way too much the past 3 days. So I am using my lower weight rather than this higher rate.. goes to show though how much our scale can go up in a few day! Hopefully it will go back down as quickly as it went up!
    Jan 29: 205.0 .. not going in the right direction, but,, I need to look at where I started. Down almost 2.8 for the month.... and count that as a win. Even thought this month the scale has been up and down all month.. my own fault!
    A little about me:
    My name is Joan, I will be 72 years old this summer. I am very tall, 5'11", and hope to lose 25-30 pounds. I have 2 grown children, have been married to my husband for 46 years; love to garden, love to walk and exercise, and love to sew.
    My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 220-217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic
    SW Year 2021: 195
    SW Year 2022: 190 - reached 182 in August. But weight on a slow increase the rest of
    2079. SW Year 2023: 207.8
    Weight Goals:
    SW, Jan 1st, 2023: 207.8
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 180 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 170-175 - reach this by October
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 202
    March: 198
    April: 194 (Hubby and my 46 wedding anniversary)
    May: 190
    June: 186
    July: 182 (my birthday)
    August: 178
    Sept: 174
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
    Personal Goals
    1. To have a better relationship with food. To not think I have to be perfect, and to realize that if I have a bad day .. that is OK. Get right back on track. To give it 80/20 --- meaning if I can stay on track 80% of the time, that is OK. It does not have to be 100%
    2. To keep exercising, and do more strength training
    3. To learn how to plan meals and snacks better.
    4. To listen to podcasts and watch youtubers.. improve my way of thinking about food
    5. To sew at least 20 lap quilts for nursing homes; make at least 25 fidget quilts; make 100 more bears for hospital.
    6 . To declutter our house.. keep only what I use!
    My word of the year for 2023: Transformation. I want to "transform" my thoughts about food to have a healthier attitude for food .. it is nourishment, not just enjoyment, and transform my body in get in the best shape I can... to strength so as to avoid injuries.