Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    @kcpond, welcome back and I'll add you on my fl. And we've got a dusting and a glaze of ice here in se Missouri.
    Pw 217.6
    Cw 217.6

Had your PW as 217.3... @Armygirlarmyof1 ...was that incorrect?
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    ckztf3gmziok.jpg

@kcpond Welcome back to the party!! Glad you found your way back. Good luck in February!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW: 303.2
    CW: 303.2
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 508 Member
    @jessicakrall8, I think what you had is correct. My fat fingers can't type correctly 😕 today
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    CasandraW Steps
    January 28 9,795
    January 29 6,165
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    1/20-4,920
    1/21-10,633
    1/22-8,723
    1/23-4,208
    1/24-12,665
    1/25-5,965
    1/26-10,362
    1/27-7,698
    1/28-5,806
    1/29-9,500

Not much working out this past week, We had a winter storm come,snow and this morning it was -30°F.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    Daily check in ~ January 30
    Steps: 19.796
    Workout (4 a week): yes (1/4)
    Calorie deficit: no, darn cookies
    Vegan: yes
    In bed by 21:00: yes, 8h 26m / 86 score
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I went to the grocery store in the morning to mainly get some bananas. My granola with soy yoghurt was really boring without them. I like bananas, but it is such a pain in the butt to somehow stagger when they ripen if I want to eat one a day. Maybe that is just me. Later in the day I went to a store to get new wood pellets for Tinus' litterbox (still crazy expensive sadly) and to look for a sheet of bugscreen. I set up my water barrels, but I want to keep dirt out and animals/bugs from drowing, so I thought that would be a good cover. Sadly the store didn't sell it, so I put an old tshirt over the top for now. When my dad comes over to visit, I will see about going to the bigger town with him to get that sorted. I did a 40 minute workout in the evening and had a good sleep. Happy Tuesday everyone <3
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day

PW: 176.8
    CW: 176.8

Steps Jan 23, 8072
    Jan 24, 9720
    Jan 25, 4289
    Jan 25, 6229
    Jan 26, 8715
    Jan 27, 7654
    Jan 28, 4455
    Jan 29, 11,467

Clearly I have not reached my step goal except one day last week. I need to "Step" up my game.
    Please add me to Feb's step challenge, The weather is really crazy here right now, so my walking might have to be on a treadmill, rather than outside where I love to walk around our little town.
    Have a great day Shape Shifters!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 189 Member
    Quick step check in:

1/27 15,045
    1/28 14,103
    1/29 14,820
    1/30 16,768

I'd love to do the step challenge in Feb as well. My favourite place to walk is in at a nearby forest with my dog. My goal for Feb will be 14,000 steps daily.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,043 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 1/29: 10,112
    Mon 1/30: 13,327
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    TexanMom8152
    Weigh Day - Tuesday
    PW 231
    CW 228.2
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    It's cold here in Texas today. 24 in Keller right now with a projected high of 28. It has been sleating all morning. Glad I work from home on days like today.

@SavageMrsMoose - We have friends in Houston that took water damage last week as well. Hopefully they will dodge the winter weather this week. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 373 Member
    edited January 2023
    @jessicakrall8 - Sorry to jump in a little late! (I got sidetracked with work and other things...!)

[Edited to follow instructions!] - oops.

Starting Weights - Submit from Sun JAN 22 - Sat JAN 28

Week 1 Weigh-in - Submit from Sun JAN 29 - Sat FEB 4
    Week 1 Winners Posted - Sun FEBRUARY 5

Walela617 (First name: "Carole")
    Sunday (Weigh-in day)
    Starting Weight: 151.6 (JAN 22)
    Week 1: 152.4 (JAN 29) - temporary water-weight gain - I hope!
    Week 2: XXX.X (FEB 05)
    LTD: 00.0 lbs (optional loss to date) - Starting from "Square ONE"!

I love that we're starting a brand-new month tomorrow!

Best to all!
    <3 Carole
  • jessicakrall8
    JenHul wrote: »
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day

PW: 176.8
    CW: 176.8

Steps Jan 23, 8072
    Jan 24, 9720
    Jan 25, 4289
    Jan 25, 6229
    Jan 26, 8715
    Jan 27, 7654
    Jan 28, 4455
    Jan 29, 11,467

Clearly I have not reached my step goal except one day last week. I need to "Step" up my game.
    Please add me to Feb's step challenge, The weather is really crazy here right now, so my walking might have to be on a treadmill, rather than outside where I love to walk around our little town.
    Have a great day Shape Shifters!

Can I assume your list is for 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29? Please advise. Will you be walking for Feb and what do you want for your daily step goal?
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Walela617 wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 - Sorry to jump in a little late! (I got sidetracked with work and other things...!)

[Edited to follow instructions!] - oops.

Starting Weights - Submit from Sun JAN 22 - Sat JAN 28

Week 1 Weigh-in - Submit from Sun JAN 29 - Sat FEB 4
    Week 1 Winners Posted - Sun FEBRUARY 5

Walela617 (First name: "Carole")
    Sunday (Weigh-in day)
    Starting Weight: 151.6 (JAN 22)
    Week 1: 152.4 (JAN 29) - temporary water-weight gain - I hope!
    Week 2: XXX.X (FEB 05)
    LTD: 00.0 lbs (optional loss to date) - Starting from "Square ONE"!

I love that we're starting a brand-new month tomorrow!

Best to all!
    <3 Carole

Hi Carole:

Actually week 1 of Feb started 1/29/23 (take a look at the chart) and runs through Sat 2/4/23. Got you down for the week...tiny gain and I know it will come right off. Have a great weekend!
    Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    Good evening everyone!!!!! Happy Tuesday. Its been insanely cold here, but warming up now. I have been struggling with my eating habits still, ugh. I did pack tilapia and greenbeans cooked in the air fryer for lunch. Ang at my job they keep a pantry stuffed full of snacks like chips, chees its, cookies, candy, and similar snacks, I have been avoiding that area more than normal so thats a bonus I guess. Then its been too cold to workout outside, so thats not helping. Wish I could find the motivation I used to have. Tomorrow though, I plan on working out before going to lunch with some friends, and the weather is warming up so hopefully that helps me to get back to a regular workouts again.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited February 2023
    Great steps, everyone!

@Pupowl - I like a clean and tidy space, and I enjoy cleaning at certain times, too. When I’m starting with a relatively clutter-free environment - and focusing on just maintaining that level or improving it gradually - I feel so happy, almost ridiculously euphoric 🥰. Everything seems to flow better for me when counter tops are clear, and the air is fresh. But when I get behind and the house needs a deep cleaning instead of daily upkeep, I feel more overwhelmed and my diet and other areas of my life suffer. At those times, my mantra is ‘Don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.’ I try to do the bare minimum, and then spend just 10-15 minutes on one focused thing.

A few years ago, our ‘brick and mortar’ office closed and I started working from home most of the time. I kept too many boxes of files and equipment and it’s been difficult to find a consistent time to go through the stuff, organize what I want to keep, and donate any equipment that can be used by someone else. It threw me way off course and I’m only slowly digging out of the feelings of shame and inertia to deal with it.

I joined a ‘buy nothing’ group in my neighborhood so I can offer the items to people but I haven’t yet acted on that plan. First, I made an appointment with the local Boys and Girls Club to donate some books and computer accessories (cameras, microphone headsets, etc.) that are a bit out-dated but might be useful to them — we’ll see).

I also keep too much memorabilia from my sons’ childhood (homemade cards, awards, photos, etc.) that I’m putting into artist portfolios. I’ve made some progress letting go of a lot of the junk and focusing on key milestones and memories. Now, I’m working on a website and I’ve been summarizing some of the work represented by the boxes from my office. I plan to finish that project by March. I’ll breathe easier then!

This has been a good opportunity for me to reflect on my decluttering and organizing projects. Thank you for the motivation to get back to it! Go Shape Shifters!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    @angmarie28 - Finding the motivation to workout in the winter, and resist the unhealthy office snacks, is the double whammy I felt working long hours at my office, too. Congratulations on getting through it recently. That’s how better habits are formed— practice. I’m going to channel your strength and get out the door to workout despite the cold and dusting of snow. It’s nothing here compared to Montana conditions. Let’s go — 🙏🏼
This discussion has been closed.