What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    Wow, that didn't take long! Thanks to your suggestion, @annpt77, my humble post has been added to the "Fitness and Exercise" "most helpful posts" thread. As a published author, it's always nice to know somebody enjoyed what I wrote, and now I'm immortalized! lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Still bikie bikie bike, 60'+3', 86W average for each because no need to CD from a workout that's 98% Z2 (and the remainder below), peak heart rate 127bpm, fraction over 70% HRmax.

This time, keeping it easy was a firm plan: I didn't get a ride in before going out to late lunch with a friend . . . lunch that included lots of healthy foods plus a nice big mug of Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. That was delicious, too, but not really top notch exercise fuel, so easy pace seemed conservative, even though some time had passed. ;):drinker:

Still have the PT exercises to do before bed, and will do them for sure.
  • AnnPT77
    nossmf wrote: »
    Wow, that didn't take long! Thanks to your suggestion, @annpt77, my humble post has been added to the "Fitness and Exercise" "most helpful posts" thread. As a published author, it's always nice to know somebody enjoyed what I wrote, and now I'm immortalized! lol

Congrats, @nossmf: You're now MFP famous! It'll also make it easier to find your post in order to link it when appropriate in future, too.

That was the fastest I've ever seen a nominated post added, too: They must've really like it! ;)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Thank you for the kind words, @annpt77. Quite often (ok, almost always), your posts are the most comprehensive, well thought out posts in an entire thread. For you to compliment my little addition, that just makes my day. 🤩

Yesterday was an hour on the elliptical, really banged my intensity out of the park. Not sure if it's because I took the weekend off from exercise, or because I was over on calories for the weekend and had energy to burn, but either way it was a great session.

Today was an hour on the treadmill at an average incline of 10.5. This gives my quads a rest from the elliptical, but boy does it do a number on my calves!

That's been one of my favorite cardio workouts lately -- walking on the treadmill @ an incline. I can't run anymore, but I've been enjoying it. I'm fortunate to have accumulated a lot of different cardio equipment. I bought the treadmill for my wife and daughter, but have been using it a lot lately.

I did 30 minutes on the Treadmill at 15% incline, really slow (2.4 MPH) yesterday, then another 25 on the Assault Bike. All super easy.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Good workout this morning. Lower body, core and cardio. Continuing the de-load week.

Stretched

36 minutes on the spin bike, heart rate avg/max: 136/164
    31 minutes on the treadmill, heart rate avg/max: 137/149

34 minutes lifting weights

Bodyweight Box Squats: 4*10
    Crunches: 4*30
    Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts: 10@40, 10@50, 10@60, 10@70
    Weighted Side bends, each side: 4@10@20lbs
    Step-ups, each leg: 4*10
    Leg Raises: 4*10

Stretched
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Trying to keep some momentum going this week. Got in a short "drills focused" lap swim yesterday (1700 yds) and did some foam rolling.

This morning, I joined a short, social paced group ride on Zwift. 40 minutes at a 130W ave which was just enough to raise HR a bit. I'm still amazed at the number of riders on Zwift at all hours of the day or night.

My wife and I will walk a few miles tonight.

• nossmf
    One hour on the elliptical, hills.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Just around 55 minutes of easy cardio. 30 on the treadmill and 25 on the LateralX. Nothing hard.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Yoga
    HSPU
    2x2,3,5 (20)
    Ab wheel
    1x10

Turkish getups
    10x1 (5L, 5R)
  • AnnPT77
    edited February 2023
    Physical therapy session; later a very easy 60'+3' stationary bike (82W both parts, nearly all Z2) because I'm feeling kind of burned out tonight. I'm going to shift the dumbbell nonsense to tomorrow, and before bed do some of my home PT exercises that aren't duplicative of what we did in the session earlier today.

I wonder if I'm tired because of the workout I did in my sleep last night: I woke up in the middle of the night, tried to glance at my watch to see what time it was, saw that somehow Garmin was tracking a workout (?) and stopped it. I must've hit buttons in my sleep to start the workout. 🤣 Details (IMO pretty hilarious) in the spoiler.
    When I got up in the morning, I learned that apparently I'd rowed about a mile verrrrry slooowwly, back and forth around and even through my house (the pink rectangle) at an average HR of 58bpm, in an outdoor temperature of 9 degrees F (-13 C). It looked like this:
    6pc54zkk7gov.png
  • BigMech
    Good workout this morning, Upper body, core and cardio. Still on the de-load, one more day after this.

Stretched

36 minutes on the spin bike, heart rate avg/max: 140/168
    31 minutes on the treadmill, heart rate avg/max: 138/154

31 minutes lifting weights:

Superset:
    - Incline Dumbbell Press: 4*12@30lbs
    - Cable Rows: 4*12@90lbs
    - One Armed Landmine Overhead Press, each arm: 4*12@55lbs

Superset:
    - Rope Triceps Press-downs: 3*12@20lbs
    - Crunches: 3*25
    - Cable Biceps Curls: 3*12@20lbs
    - Kettlebell Side Swings, each side: 3*8@20lbs
    - Resistance Band Face Pulls: 3*12@60lbs

Stretched
  • nossmf
    One hour on the treadmill, thought I'd see what happened if I lowered the incline slightly while upping the speed. Net result was about 10% less calories burned, 20% fewer feet elevation gained. Felt slightly more out of breath, no data on heart rate (I don't have a wearable monitor, and refuse to hold onto the sensor bar while on a treadmill, just let my arms swing naturally).
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    45 minutes with my trainer this morning. Worked quite a bit on swimming muscles with lat pull downs, core strength movements, dumbbell pullovers while lying on BOSU, etc.

Tonight was our weekly tri club ride on Zwift. Half dozen of us rode for an hour and chatted via Discord, which helped take my mind of those d*mned hills, lol.

Lap swim planned for tomorrow.
  • AnnPT77
    Standard, on which I'm getting kind of burned out (more weak character than physical, I think): 60'+ 3' stationary bike, my usual few shoulder sparing upper body dumbbell exercises (still progressing reps or weights) plus the band hamstring curls (added a set since I don't have a great way to increase resistance). Will do my PT exercises before bed.

Pushed the bike ride in the last few minutes, to 150-160W, hitting 160bpm (7bpm above 220-age, almost 90% HRmax) after most of the ride being Z2 and a little Z3.
  • BigMech
    Good workout this morning. Lower body, core and cardio.

Stretched

36 minutes on the spin bike, heart rate avg/max: 139/166
    32 minutes on the treadmill, heart rate avg/max: 141/152

30 minutes lifting weights:
    - Wide Stance Leg Press: 5*12@210lbs
    - Crunches: 4*25
    - Weight Side-Bends, each side: 4*10@lbs.
    - Barbell Romanian Deadlifts: 5@12@95lbs
    - Leg Raises: 5*10

Stretched

Last day of the de-load and I am feeling better for it.
    Looking forward to moving so weight tomorrow!
  • nossmf
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    ...plus the band hamstring curls (added a set since I don't have a great way to increase resistance). .

Considering you nominated my thread for special status, why not employ one of the other strategies inside, such as slowing down the reps or stopping motion at different points of the movement?
  • nossmf
    Today was an hour on the elliptical, hills.

Good news: I shook the hand of a friend I haven't seen in a while, and my elbow didn't hurt! I still could feel it when I gripped my friends hand, but the pain was gone. I'm not deluding myself into thinking I'm magically 100% cured yet, but this is an important milestone towards getting there.

Bad news: not so much bad as annoying. According to my logging, I should have lost exactly one pound this week, and another .7 the week before. But reality is I actually GAINED .4 pounds each week, putting me up almost a pound since I really started to try losing weight (after years of maintenance) by restricting calories and hammering my cardio. After almost a decade of logging and maintaining weight, I'm confident my logs haven't suddenly become unreliable. Yes, I'm fully aware losing weight comes in fits and starts, and likely the difference is increased water weight from my body adjusting to this new cardio-centric workout regimen. Just mildly annoying to sit here at my desk, staring at some potential snacks which I'm ignoring while feeling hunger, and GAINING weight. I could handle staying static better, KWIM?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    ...plus the band hamstring curls (added a set since I don't have a great way to increase resistance). .

Considering you nominated my thread for special status, why not employ one of the other strategies inside, such as slowing down the reps or stopping motion at different points of the movement?

Good point. Some of those are kinda limited with my half-*baby-felined* band set-up, but I was thinking last night I should figure out whether I can use bands on my weight bench somehow and get a better result. Thanks!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    edited February 2023
    Wednesday
    Climbing. 2.5 hours
    I started really well, but faded. That said
    I did get a 6b+ slab at the end. It was petrifying, and took about 10 attempts. (I never got close before.)

Friday
    Lifting
    Front squat, 65 kgs, 3x5.
    Bench, 55 kgs. 3x6
    Deadlift, 100kgs, 2x5.
    Hangboarding, which was good. My fingers are stronk at the moment.