NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,559 Member
    Afternoon all, I feel like I just sat down. Sundays are always crazy for me...but yesterday..I got plumb worn out...we went to my oldest daughters to celebrate all the January birthdays...I didn't eat anything until I got home about 7PM and I over did it...Today is not looking that great for food either. I have been emotionally eating today. I went to have my mamo and a bone density test...the Dr forgot to sign the order...but I finally got it done.!!! Not just waiting for results. I keep saying today is the day I get more disciplined...and I flunk the test.

@trooworld oh I was just a "little" jealous when you said you just did a 31 min weight lifting session. LOL I love lifting weights...you think if I keep saying someday I will get those weights and that treadmill? LOL. Great JOB

@Tamevv So glad you will be back to your normal routine, I have missed you.

@senoritafloridita 7 miles is awesome...I don't know that I could ever do that. Great job

@theslightedgeforever you did great for being the little social butterfly that you are.. LOL

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Just stopping by to say Hi! Been busy with work, preparing for class and just accepted a new position at work. Going to be a fun few months!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    edited January 2023
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! Great job! I can't believe it's almost Feb.

@cbabie I'm sorry about your day. That's good that you were able to get those tests done, they are important. For me, it's about COMMITMENT. I don't know maybe discipline is the same thing? I hope you can work out soon, it would probably help with the emotional eating. Thanks and sorry to make you jealous! LOL

@gemwolf110 Hi there! Lots of changes for you. How are you handling them?

Hi all. I did really well yesterday. I worked out again and drank a ton of water, and stayed within my "bites" and calories. I'm starting to get stressed about my trip. I woke up at 2am and stayed up for about 30 mins. But I just didn't sleep well overall last night.

Water yesterday: 126.8 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    edited January 2023
    @cbabie Instead of saying today is the day....how about tell yourself right now at this moment is the time I get more disciplined. Some moments may be good and some may not but you will have some wins that way and can feel good about those wins. Do you have a plan to get the weights and a treadmill?
    fgifv9h9cejt.jpg

@gemwolf110 Have you been able to exercise much after covid recovery? Congrats on your new position.

@trooworld Woohoo on a really good day. Where are you going on your trip? I think I missed that.

Yesterday, was an almost do nothing day. My body was extremely tired. That's how both ds and dh started. I'm hoping I don't get sick like them. They are both on the mend now. Today I'm still a bit tired but not as much as yesterday. I didn't even read when I took a nap, just fell straight asleep which I never do. Food was good and OP. No exercise, water goal not met. :/

Good news today though was I lost 4.3 lbs for the month of January. Now onto February My goal is 2.5 lbs
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Hi everyone. A slow work week to ease me back into routine. Don’t know what the week will hold Health-wise but so far today I’ve had two cups of water 😊
  • gemwolf110
    @cbabie Instead of saying today is the day....how about tell yourself right now at this moment is the time I get more disciplined. Some moments may be good and some may not but you will have some wins that way and can feel good about those wins. Do you have a plan to get the weights and a treadmill?
    fgifv9h9cejt.jpg

@gemwolf110 Have you been able to exercise much after covid recovery? Congrats on your new position.

@trooworld Woohoo on a really good day. Where are you going on your trip? I think I missed that.

Yesterday, was an almost do nothing day. My body was extremely tired. That's how both ds and dh started. I'm hoping I don't get sick like them. They are both on the mend now. Today I'm still a bit tired but not as much as yesterday. I didn't even read when I took a nap, just fell straight asleep which I never do. Food was good and OP. No exercise, water goal not met. :/

Good news today though was I lost 4.3 lbs for the month of January. Now onto February My goal is 2.5 lbs

Unfortunately not, hoping to get into a good routine soon. My energy still isn’t fully what it used to be.
  • gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! Great job! I can't believe it's almost Feb.

@cbabie I'm sorry about your day. That's good that you were able to get those tests done, they are important. For me, it's about COMMITMENT. I don't know maybe discipline is the same thing? I hope you can work out soon, it would probably help with the emotional eating. Thanks and sorry to make you jealous! LOL

@gemwolf110 Hi there! Lots of changes for you. How are you handling them?

Hi all. I did really well yesterday. I worked out again and drank a ton of water, and stayed within my "bites" and calories. I'm starting to get stressed about my trip. I woke up at 2am and stayed up for about 30 mins. But I just didn't sleep well overall last night.

Water yesterday: 126.8 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

Yeah! There’s been a lot! All within a month! Bit nervous but excited.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! I'm going to Tucson for my work trip, to a trade show. Oh gosh, I hope you don't get sick! I'm glad they are on the mend. Congrats on your 4.3 lb loss! Way to go!

@Tamevv That's a great start! :)

@gemwolf110 It will be good!

Hi all. I weighed 232.0 on 1/3 and I finished out the month at 226.4 yesterday, that's a loss of 5.6 lbs in January. I'm happy with that. I don't really have a lbs goal for Feb but I do want to keep up with my water (at least 70 oz a day) and work out 3x a week. I don't anticipate working out while I'm on my work trip as I'll be on my feet the whole time.

Water yesterday: 101.4 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    @Tamevv Yaaay on your water and a slow work week too. I'm getting better at getting back into my routine quicker than I used to.

@gemwolf110 The energy thing takes a while I hear. Take care.

@trooworld oh enjoy Tucson. Woohoo on your weight loss. Your water intake was great. Your goals for this month looks good. I'm sticking with my carb plan and my 300 burned cals but bumped up my water goal to 5 cups for the days I track it. I also reduced my sugar gram goal to 60 since I did well on that last month. Veggie goal remains the same since I didn't hit my 75% completion :/ I really like this program as you either add a tracking day if you hit above 75% or you can change the quantity. The whole point is to slowly build the habits while feeling successful at the same time.

Yesterday: Food was OP, exercised 10 min, met my water goal
    I need to get my act together for exercise again and complete what I've planned.
  • theslightedgeforever
    i0p3zm8sccyq.png
    qbyi0o0z2r6p.png
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,559 Member
    Afternoon all, I am finally able to check in again..kids either playing or asleep. LOL. I really haven't tracked or exercised, but feel better that I am getting all my medical taken care of and praying for good results on all. LOL. I have just felt like I have trouble focusing on one thing. So trying to catch myself when I get distracted going back to what I had planned. This will take time, but I believe it will be a game changer.

@trooworld Yea on the monthly loss...you have started the new year with a positive influencer. Good you still have your water goals, now maybe set a goal for Feb that keeps you going forward.. like my sister does one veggie at a time..

@theslightedgeforever Yes I know you are right about it starts now, not tomorrow thinking... I hope you don't get sick..

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the new position.. how exciting.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! Your goals look good, too. I'm glad you found something you really like. Wow, look at those improvements! That's fantastic, congratulations!

@cbabie Well it's important to get the medical stuff done, so well done! Thank you!

Hi all. I did so-so yesterday. Water was great but food was not. Today will be better. Since I didn't do so great yesterday, it's nice to look back and see how well I did in January. Here's some stats from Tonal app...

Water yesterday: 118.3 oz

ort4civaw3ai.jpg
  • Tamevv
    hi all, loss this week which is good, and means I’ve met my goal to stay under 75 till the start of working year. Yay me. Now to resettle and start the downward journey again.
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv Congrats, that's great!

Hi all. I finished my 12-workout program on Tonal last night after work. It felt great to accomplish that. I also drank a lot of water yesterday. My food was on point, at lunch, I didn't feel like eating what I had planned but I did find something in the fridge to eat that kept me on plan. Dinner was a delicious salad. I gained this week which really stinks because I've been working hard but hopefully next week will be better. One of my BFFs moved back to Nebraska in November and is already moving back here so I am happy. She's the one I go for hikes and walks the most with.

rxwpc6qccp96.jpg
    xds1hir7k4fz.jpg
    3ucvib7uniwg.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie I was really more referring to catching good moments in the day versus one bad moment makes the whole day bad. It's easy to let the day get away from us. I'm struggling with exercise again at the moment. When I think a habit is fully established, nope. It's not. So I'm trying to figure out how to be intentional. Well, I do know the plan now trying to execute that like I was doing is the goal for the moment.

@trooworld Your Tonal graphics look really good. Look how far you've come. I remember when you didn't want to exercise at all because you didn't have time for it. You made your lunch plan work which is sometimes hard to do. Plus a workout friend is moving back to the area. That's always a good thing.

Yesterday: I went to bookclub We read The Beauty of Your Face by Sahar Mustafah I stayed OP. No exercise and did not meet my water goal. But a good thing I did was order water at the restaurant instead of my Diet Coke.
  • Tamevv
    Good morning everyone.

I have a day of heavy cleaning and grossness today, with a bit of ironing thrown in for variety 🙄. Wish me luck.

@theslightedgeforever Yay for swapping the drinks 👏. I really like the look of your goal app but right now I can’t even manage to track water or food,so I’m going to not commit to anything else till I get that back on track.

@trooworld I miss salads - please come visit and prepare some for me 🙏. Great job on finishing the workout series. What’s next on your workout plan?

@cbabie Glad the medical stuff is getting sorted. I know that is draining mentally and emotionally so it’s not surprising other stuff is getting put on the back burner. Catching and redirecting at the time is an awesome strategy - one that I need to revisit actually, thanks for the reminder 😊

@gemwolf Hope you’re feeling better. Congrats on the new position - always an exciting (and nerve wracking) time 😊

@senioritafloridita How’s DS going now? I smiled at the football reactions and celebrations in the street 😁

• gemwolf110
    Tamevv wrote: »
    hi all, loss this week which is good, and means I’ve met my goal to stay under 75 till the start of working year. Yay me. Now to resettle and start the downward journey again.

Congratulations! You got this!
  • gemwolf110
    Tamevv wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

I have a day of heavy cleaning and grossness today, with a bit of ironing thrown in for variety 🙄. Wish me luck.

@theslightedgeforever Yay for swapping the drinks 👏. I really like the look of your goal app but right now I can’t even manage to track water or food,so I’m going to not commit to anything else till I get that back on track.

@trooworld I miss salads - please come visit and prepare some for me 🙏. Great job on finishing the workout series. What’s next on your workout plan?

@cbabie Glad the medical stuff is getting sorted. I know that is draining mentally and emotionally so it’s not surprising other stuff is getting put on the back burner. Catching and redirecting at the time is an awesome strategy - one that I need to revisit actually, thanks for the reminder 😊

@gemwolf Hope you’re feeling better. Congrats on the new position - always an exciting (and nerve wracking) time 😊

@senioritafloridita How’s DS going now? I smiled at the football reactions and celebrations in the street 😁

Good luck! I need to do the same. Time to purge stuff I don’t need and organize.

I’m feeling better just tired, thank you! Yes 🙌🏻 definitely a little bit of both! Thank you again!
  • gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @Tamevv Congrats, that's great!

Hi all. I finished my 12-workout program on Tonal last night after work. It felt great to accomplish that. I also drank a lot of water yesterday. My food was on point, at lunch, I didn't feel like eating what I had planned but I did find something in the fridge to eat that kept me on plan. Dinner was a delicious salad. I gained this week which really stinks because I've been working hard but hopefully next week will be better. One of my BFFs moved back to Nebraska in November and is already moving back here so I am happy. She's the one I go for hikes and walks the most with.

rxwpc6qccp96.jpg
    xds1hir7k4fz.jpg
    3ucvib7uniwg.jpg

That’s awesome! Yeah I don’t understand why the scale does that after all the hood hard work. Glad your friend is coming back!
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! Yes, but it is easy to slip allll the way back so I have to be careful. Yes, I can't wait until my friend is back. I also work out AFTER work some days (Mondays usually). Great job ordering the water!

@Tamevv I hope the cleaning went well. Salads, can you believe I used to hate them? I love them now! Thank you. I am going to do another Tonal program, I haven't decided which yet. Until I decide, I will do individual Tonal workouts to keep me busy!

@gemwolf110 Thanks! Yeah it's frustrating lol. I am so excited for her to come back.

Hi all. I had a good day yesterday. No exercise but I didn't plan any for yesterday, so it's all good. I ate well yesterday. Drank a LOT of water. Got a new phone since my old one is starting to go out. That's about it! I may or may not work out today.

Water yesterday: 101.5 oz