Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited February 2023
    I hope the water damage is manageable and your parents and other Houston families recover soon @SavageMrsMoose and @TexanMom8152. Thinking of you all as we start a new month — a clean slate to start anew!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps:
    1/29 8,107
    1/30 7,530
    1/31 3,985
    Steps low yesterday with my migraine and I even skipped my bowling league 😞
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    @jessicakrall8 Yes, thank you. Those were my steps for last week of Jan.
    Please add to February step challenge, same goal as last month, 10,000 steps per day
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Migraine yesterday so I wasn't doing as much water as I was nauseated - I'm still on the losing track😊

Hope you're feeling better today @LaurieWrobo!
    Jessica
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Happy birthday @jessicakrall8 ! Hope its a great one!

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Happy Birthday @jessicakrall8 💕💕💕
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,452 Member
    @jessicakrall8
    Happy 57! Hope you have a fun day and enjoy your time off reading with the new kitty.
    ocluc4i5ie6u.png
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited February 2023
    Daily check in ~ January 31
    Steps: 30.466
    Workout (4 a week): no
    Calorie deficit: yes
    Vegan: no
    In bed by 21:00: no, 7h 38m / 73 score
    Hello Shape Shifters. I had a new step record yesterday, woohoo! First time over 30k & I got a cool badge for it. I was a bit late with starting my workout in the evening. I considered doing a shorter one than I had planned, but I decided I would rather do the 83 minutes and have it cut in my sleep a bit. I went to bed 40 minutes late, so it wasn't too bad.
    My food is going terrible and I just want to give up. It is like my self control has shattered into a thousand pieces and I have no idea how to put it together again. I wish we didn't need to eat. I can write a super long rant here, but that won't help so I will leave it at that. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Step Challenge

Melissa

1/29 6928 (did bike for exercise)
    1/30 17,584
    1/31 10,345 - sick- skipped interval run
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Happy Birthday @jessicakrall8
    Have a wonderful birthday with your fur baby ☺️
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    My name is Jacqueline. For the step challenge.👣👣👣
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 189 Member
    Happy birthday @jessicakrall8 ! I love that you are taking time off for yourself! I always try to do the same on my birthday. so great to do! Enjoy!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Thanks to everyone for all the texts, IMs, posts on Facebook and Twitter and birthday greetings...y'all made my day extra special!!

Wonderful start to my 57th year!
    Jessica
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 136 Member
    Happy birthday!! @jessicakrall
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited February 2023
    @kerdil08 - Welcome back! I’m sure we can learn a lot from the strategies you used to lose so much weight the last time you participated in the F2F group challenge. I gained weight in graduate school, too. The most successful change for me was going to bed when I was tired. I’d often find myself staying late at the office when it was quiet but I didn’t take a proper dinner break. So, I’d end up getting something quick from the vending machine, eating too late at night, or ordering takeout meals. I shifted to going to bed and waking earlier. It’s counterintuitive to schedule more fun or relaxation,* but I found it helpful time for thinking creatively and feeling more energized and excited about my dissertation writing. I’m sure you’ll find what works for you by testing out different approaches. I’ll be cheering for you! What are you studying? if you feel comfortable sharing it with us, that is —

@jessicakrall8 - I’m joining the chorus of well-wishers belatedly but I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your day!

@Pupowl - I second @izzyred9400’s excellent point focused on your fabulous step accomplishment and I see that you reported a calorie deficit for the day, too. It definitely seems as though your effort to keep moving beats giving up!

@izzyred9400 - Thanks for sharing your plan to get your rhythm back. We all have to give ourselves some grace when we’re sick, especially when we are ‘feeding a cold,’ rather than ‘starving a fever.’ My older son is not feeling well, either; and I feel a bit helpless. I wanted to share the Pad Thai dinner I cooked tonight because he likes it. Instead, I sent a virtual hug and hot lemon-ginger tea to Boston. ☕️🫖

I hope everyone feels better soon!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    edited February 2023
    *On a related note, my friend wrote a book called Overwhelmed: How to work, love, and play when no one has the time. It might interest some of you. Good reads has a summary and here’s a link to more information:

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/overwhelmed-work-love-and-play-when-no-one-has-the-time_brigid-schulte/3185997/item/8397301/?gclid=CjwKCAiAuOieBhAIEiwAgjCvcmYIP-EOIBeiDdfRD3ugS8-lRueWDQmJIm8DSQRUeNOpNhzarkaORhoCCzwQAvD_BwE#idiq=8397301&edition=8569782
This discussion has been closed.