♦️Latin prep
    ♦️Read Act 1, Romeo and Juliet
    ♦️7pm Book launch at library
    ♦️solid habits ✔️

Taking care of yourself
    does not mean ‘Me first’
    It means
    ME TOO!!!

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them, especially those in unsatisfying relationships. It can be so wearing.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

I love this supportive group of wonderful friends. Thank you for being in my life.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Well I wont say I ate wonderful.. but I stayed under calories today.. drinking my water.. im craving something now.. i could have my last Sumo orange.. rather than a cup of hot cocoa with whip cream I really want lol..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)kite16509 welcome. You will find support and good ideas here. We share on this thread rather than adding friends. I read this thread every morning while I eat my breakfast to get encouragement for my day
    <3 Barbie in NW WA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,081 Member
    Pip What Katla said about booties might be a good idea. I used them on Shep in the winter and extreme heat in Arizona. I actually got them in Minnesota for the cold weather. But they worked nicely in Arizona for that extreme heat on the sidewalk and blacktop. He looked really funny the first time I put them on his feet. He was high Steppin, like crazy but got used to them really quickly.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member

Worked today but since I only go in for a little bit tomorrow, the plan is to do Xtrain Low Impact HIIT DVD. Then in the afternoon we are going to prebowl 3 games, have lunch at the bowling alley (I’ve already decided I’ll have a turkey sandwich but I may take a skinny with me so I don’t have all that bread) then prebowl 3 more games.

Went to WalMart. We only needed a few things but I wanted to get frozen fruit for dessert

Not sure of my steps as my pedometer died (needed new battery)

Told Jerry today that I’d take him home if he joined AA. He said some stuff, something about how he hadn’t had a drink today and he doesn’t have an open container. Doesn’t matter, he needs to get his drinking under control and until that happens, I won’t be driving him home.

Looks like we have the last of the christmas trees de-decorated. The plan for Friday is to put things away in the garage (after the soup kitchen)

Lanette – thank you for that calculator. Barbara – how are you doing on it?

Anne DE – I was always brought up with the “clean plate” mentality. How I’m trying to break that! I think a lot of it is due to the fact that my grandmother, in essence, raised me. She raised her family during the depression and at that time NOTHING was wasted.

Rita – I’m right there with you. Easy to gain and real hard to lose (but it can be done)

Mary – glad you got back

Allie – Barbara couldn’t have said it any better. Just what was in my heart, just not in my fingers typing

kite – welcome. Please don’t feel bad if people on here don’t send you friend requests. Most of us come here and chat. You’ll get great ideas

Susandol – you SHOULD be proud. I know I am

Had Newcomer bowling tonight

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited February 2023
    Yay Susandoll! Great job!

Michele yes our parents were Depression babies and absolutely did not waste food. My grandmother once made marmalade with salt instead of sugar by mistake, and kept the mess for a week trying to somehow use it. It's funny now, but back then she had ten mouths to feed and precious little money.

I ate the last of the salmon today so it wouldn't go to waste. Not only cleaning my plate, but the serving platter as well. Well, knowing is the first step.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Michele-I was brought up to clean your plate too. I still do BUT I have changed one thing. I only use small dishes. I use the dishes that I would for my daycare kids. My Tupperware is perfect size- Luncheon plates, snack cups, etc.
    The only time I use a large bowl is when I make myself a salad. I am very careful with my dressings but I eat a HUGE salad. The only time I really fill up.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Went for my walk around the wetlands. A little shorter than usual because I went with dh to Lowes- he needed some bark/mulch. We found a bunch of broken bags of the one he wanted that were only $2 each instead of over $5 each. Also got a bag of potting soil for me(also broken bag- $4)
    He was in a little better mood but still not feeling good plus irritated with our neighbor who is parking in a way that I can't park my car there along with theirs. They are new there after 30yrs of us being able to just park in the whole spot(other neighbor who owns it but has since moved into rest home never parked there). We may have to start parking a second car at his mom's or I will park across the street.
    I wrote a note and left it on their windshield to ask if they could please move up just a few feet so we could both fit there. Left it there yesterday. They are still parking the same way(she works nights, he works days, and have 5 cars. We have four, five when son's girlfriend comes over(plus one at MIL's)

Talked with my aunt this evening. Told her I was going to go see her Sunday. We are both really looking forward to it. Not putting off things like this- I did it once before and still regret it.

Having some cinnamon tea before going to bed. Will take a melatonin or something.
    This was my sleep from last night- I thought I did pretty good, better than most nights, but I guess not. I woke up a lot but for short amounts of time, instead of for hours at a time.
    h1neickz46a9.png

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Pip What Katla said about booties might be a good idea. I used them on Shep in the winter and extreme heat in Arizona. I actually got them in Minnesota for the cold weather. But they worked nicely in Arizona for that extreme heat on the sidewalk and blacktop. He looked really funny the first time I put them on his feet. He was high Steppin, like crazy but got used to them really quickly.

As far as the blacktop and cement, during the summer we start walking pretty early so we are back home by 8 am so the heat wouldn’t be an issue on Yogi’s paw pads (and now the other two). The bleeding is not bad at all,but it’s there and once I notice it, she goes in the stroller for the rest of the time. The bummer is she doesn’t like walking on the grass when we are walking by it. She only gets on there to pee and poop.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,787 Member
    <3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
    Betsy in Alaska