Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 213

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,745 Member
    @_JeffreyD_ As they say, “💩 happens!”

@refactored Beware of the high sugar/carb content in those apricots. 100 calories =25 g of carbs, almost all sugar (97 cal.) Just sayin’😑

@evonday Welcome! You have found a wonderful supportive group here. Several of us have been here for years. We’re happy to have you here!

@Skyleen75 I am a terrible procrastinator. We should join the procrastinator’s club. We can do it later. 😂😂😂

@SheilaBoneham That picture of Booker ALMOST makes me want a dog again. But then I think of having to take it out in the cold and nope. He sure is a sweetheart.
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,021 Member
    fmfdfa2020 wrote: »
    @fmfdfa2020 I commend you and I'm very jealous of you and your no flour lifestyle! The baker in me cannot possibly comprehend that type of life (though my health, I guarantee, would appreciate me living that life a lot more). I have been trying to cut back with some success. Unfortunately just about everything I can make for dinner has to do with baking, and typically bread-like things. I had to teach myself how to cook but I grew up baking with mom and grandma so the two were inevitably intertwined forevermore. I am trying to branch out, but BF does most of the cooking and I only get a chance if he wants me to bake him something specific, hah!

Thanks @CamandJarvis - I will definitely add more flour as time goes on since I love baked bread, pasta, etc., but I'm staying off sugar as it make me feel so horrible. I have to admit, going off these wasn't all me. I had a head start because my husband went off wheat and sugar about a year ago. He eliminated everything to try to figure out his stomach issues and sugar/wheat were the very last things he gave up. Long story short, his stomach problems totally went away, and to our surprise, his blood pressure dropped from 160's to 120's/130's, and he lost 5 lbs even though he was very slim already. I guess it was inflammation. It's amazing how much his life has changed for the better. He still eats carbs but ones with rice, corn, etc., just no wheat or sugar.

All the "good" stuff he baked (pizzas, pasta dishes, pretzels, bread), and I don't want to make those things because he can't have them (and I don't need them, at least while I lose weight). So, we are better off, but I do miss them. I have to say though we've gotten very creative in our cooking. Actually, he's making home fries as I type and they are not greasy at all - he uses butter, but not a lot. I haven't eaten a lot today to be able to eat some. :)

That's awesome! I will never convince BF to get off bread as it's his kryptonite. I have reduced my intake significantly, but I have bouts of high intake when I get in a baking mood. I did go paleo for about a month a couple years ago and I lost 5lbs within a week and a half, had a maaaaajor boost in energy, no groggy mornings, and slept so much better. I'm not sure what it was, but cutting out the grains and replacing them with more protein/veggies (I didn't get many veggies prior to this) was the biggest change. I only stopped because I moved in with BF and he cooks most of the time with a lot of bread/pasta/grain items. I do my best, though I'm not as disciplined anymore, to stick to paleo with everything except dinner.
  • CamandJarvis
    @SheilaBoneham He's so stinking cute! I wish there was a "love" button for reacting to posts but even that wouldn't suffice. Now I gotta find my little turds and snuggle them a little more to get the cuteness overload out of my system haha!
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 890 Member
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

HSW - 218.2 (Feb. 2015) - 135
    2023 Goals — no snacking after dinner; calories below maintenance, adjusted every 10 lbs; move more; eat mostly healthfully, no extremes. Aim for 150 by the end of the year.

📆 History 2015–2023
    Feb. 2015: highest weight 218.2
    2015: end weight running average 178.2
    2016: end weight running average 147.7
    2017: end weight running average 148
    2018: end weight running average 137.2.
    Extreme elimination diet (doctor prescribed) for diagnostic reasons, very low calories, then boom! Gained 40 pounds.
    2019: end weight running average 176.1
    2020: end weight running average 183.8.
    2021: end weight running average 179.4.
    2022: end weight running average 178.6

2023 Rounds
    R209 01/01/23: end weight 178.6. Ave calories — who knows? I didn’t bother with the holidays.
    R210 01/11/23: end weight 176.2 (-2.4). Ave calories 1102. No after-dinner snacking!
    R211 01/21/23: end weight 176.8 (+.6).

R212 01/31/23: end weight 177.6 (+.8).
    R213 02/10/23: goals—no snacking after dinner; walking as weather permits; 20 min meditation daily

Day/Weight/Comment no food after dinner 💚 ~~ >20 min meditation 🧘🏻

2/01 - 177.6 🧘🏻
    Almost made it through with no snack, but…. It’s 7F this morning, so no long walks for me! Stay warm if you’re in the frigid zone!

2/02 - 177.4
    I’m surprised, as I overindulged yesterday. Probably catch me tomorrow!

2/03 - 178
    Yep, there it is. And it’s ok. This cold weather (14F right now) brings out my inner black bear—I want to eat and sleep! I’ve been doing lots of short training sessions with 12-week-old Booker (he thinks we’re playing) to direct his energy, and I got this cute pic yesterday. I wonder what he’s thinking about!
    gx63lyvwfbhm.jpeg

2/04 -
    2/05 -
    2/06 -
    2/07 -
    2/08 -
    2/09 -
    2/10 -

weight.png

@SheilaBoneham OMG, he is ADORABLE!!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,642 Member
    @CamandJarvis My mom and dad told me that if they had after dinner coffee with guests, I went around draining the dregs from the cups - before age 2!

I'm sure I had it before then, but I do know by aged 4 it was a daily thing. I'd have a little tiny teacup size kiddy cup while grandpa would have his normal big mug and we'd sit at the campground (he was a host there) and enjoy nature while sipping our coffees. I think that's why I have such a fondness for it. It still brings me that feeling from childhood of being in nature, relaxing, and beginning the day on a peaceful note even after all these years.

@CamandJarvis back in the mid to late 1960's my mother drank an instant coffee called Taster's Choice. As far back as kindergarten or 1st grade for me I would take some out of the jar everyday and put a few droplets of water on it so I could roll it into a ball and suck on it. LOL. I still love my coffee more than just about anything else to this day (although I don't drink or eat instant coffee anymore lol).
  • CamandJarvis
    @CamandJarvis My mom and dad told me that if they had after dinner coffee with guests, I went around draining the dregs from the cups - before age 2!

I'm sure I had it before then, but I do know by aged 4 it was a daily thing. I'd have a little tiny teacup size kiddy cup while grandpa would have his normal big mug and we'd sit at the campground (he was a host there) and enjoy nature while sipping our coffees. I think that's why I have such a fondness for it. It still brings me that feeling from childhood of being in nature, relaxing, and beginning the day on a peaceful note even after all these years.

@CamandJarvis back in the mid to late 1960's my mother drank an instant coffee called Taster's Choice. As far back as kindergarten or 1st grade for me I would take some out of the jar everyday and put a few droplets of water on it so I could roll it into a ball and suck on it. LOL. I still love my coffee more than just about anything else to this day (although I don't drink or eat instant coffee anymore lol).

I love everything about this little conversation. Instant coffee reminds me too much of the Army so I don't drink it, but I love love love my coffee otherwise!
  • refactored
    refactored Posts: 399 Member
    @clprieur thanks for the information. I didn't realise that dried apricots are high in iron compared to other plant-based foods.

@quiltingjaine thanks for the warning. I am not doing low carb but my carbs naturally sit at around 100g. I have 15g of dried apricots at morning tea but I will keep an eye out for increased drive for sugary foods. I look at them as a treat food and will be careful about how many I have.