What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 818 Member
    rdorseytx wrote: »
    Lose 5 more pounds by Valentine’s Day and 55 pounds by the end of 2023!

I think I'll claim the same first goal. the second one less so. heck that would be great but not likely for me but I would take 38lb by the end of 2023 - which would just put me below 200.
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    Dr's appointment coming up...I hate their frickin' scale...always at LEAST 5# higher than mine.
    Depending on how they measure it:
    1. weigh the clothes you will be wearing when going there.
    2. dress the way they will weigh you over there and weigh yourself just before going there. Then, see how much you weigh over there, subtract the two numbers and you will now know the (hopefully) standard difference between the two scales so you can compare the two numbers.
    3. Don't forget that the absolute number is not all that important. The trend is much more important, so compare the weights over there with each other and compare the weights at home with each other. Do not mix the two.
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    Mne is pretty boring... I was over 500 lbs at one point and made the switch to a very strict keto diet. I lost the majority of the weight (I have 100 lbs to lose this year) but gained a cholesterol of 320. So, my goals are completely health based, with weight loss being a very welcome side effect.
    My next goal is to get even the smallest difference in my cholesterol levels at my next appt next week.
    This past month I've stuck to a pescatarian diet with no sugar, low carbs, and only whole foods. Fingers crossed it made a difference, even a small one!

ps... always looking to connect with more on their health journey! Feel free to add me.
    Congratulations for what you have accomplished. You probably did, but in case you did not, you should have a thorough conversation with your doctor. What people generally call the "keto diet" is known to cause rises in cholesterol, sometimes to alarming levels.
    As for the pescatarian diet, I never set out to be a pescatarian, but when I look at my diet, that is exactly what I am. My diet consists of plant foods, i.e. vegetables, lupini beans and soybeans with the addition of sardines.
    You should look at videos from Dr Baker, Dr Westman, Dr Berry, Dr Cywes, etc. Keto is safe and cholesterol isn't the end all be all for lab numbers. There are studies to back it up.
    What these people claim in videos is to be seen as the entertainment it is. If they have studies that back up their claims they should produce them. I am unaware of any such studies. That does not mean they do not exist. I may very well be uninformed. Nevertheless, before a patient risks her/his life on such an endeavour, it is not unreasonable to ask for some tangible evidence. So, the question boils down to this: where are the high quality long term studies that provide the level of evidence a reasonable patient should be entitled to ask for before risking a highly controversial path to solve a problem for which we already have methods that work (and that only very few patients actually want to contine long term)? Don't forget that dead patients do not get second chances, so asking for such evidence is not completely unreasonable.

• Philliesfan21
    Philliesfan21 Posts: 31 Member
    Mne is pretty boring... I was over 500 lbs at one point and made the switch to a very strict keto diet. I lost the majority of the weight (I have 100 lbs to lose this year) but gained a cholesterol of 320. So, my goals are completely health based, with weight loss being a very welcome side effect.
    My next goal is to get even the smallest difference in my cholesterol levels at my next appt next week.
    This past month I've stuck to a pescatarian diet with no sugar, low carbs, and only whole foods. Fingers crossed it made a difference, even a small one!

ps... always looking to connect with more on their health journey! Feel free to add me.
    Congratulations for what you have accomplished. You probably did, but in case you did not, you should have a thorough conversation with your doctor. What people generally call the "keto diet" is known to cause rises in cholesterol, sometimes to alarming levels.
    As for the pescatarian diet, I never set out to be a pescatarian, but when I look at my diet, that is exactly what I am. My diet consists of plant foods, i.e. vegetables, lupini beans and soybeans with the addition of sardines.
    You should look at videos from Dr Baker, Dr Westman, Dr Berry, Dr Cywes, etc. Keto is safe and cholesterol isn't the end all be all for lab numbers. There are studies to back it up.
    What these people claim in videos is to be seen as the entertainment it is. If they have studies that back up their claims they should produce them. I am unaware of any such studies. That does not mean they do not exist. I may very well be uninformed. Nevertheless, before a patient risks her/his life on such an endeavour, it is not unreasonable to ask for some tangible evidence. So, the question boils down to this: where are the high quality long term studies that provide the level of evidence a reasonable patient should be entitled to ask for before risking a highly controversial path to solve a problem for which we already have methods that work (and that only very few patients actually want to contine long term)? Don't forget that dead patients do not get second chances, so asking for such evidence is not completely unreasonable.

The research is in their show notes. If you don't want to look at them, that is your choice. But there isn't a risk to eating meat, vegetables, and low carb. There's nothing controversial about eating Keto. It's healthy and safe.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!