What's on your mind?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited February 2023
    the main town I have to drive through to get to work was short on plow drivers today. They even had to close their school. Do you know what happens when commuter traffic drives on snow over and over again? That’s right: slush.

Driving on snow with snow tires is not too bad. Driving on slush regardless of tires is very very scary. And you know what happens to slush when traffic eases & the temperature is single digits Fahrenheit? Correct: ice.

@Motorsheen make room in Arizona; I’m getting the U-Haul
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,025 Member
    the main town I have to drive through to get to work was short on plow drivers today. They even had to close their school. Do you know what happens when commuter traffic drives on snow over and over again? That’s right: slush.

Driving on snow with snow tires is not too bad. Driving on slush regardless of tires is very very scary. And you know what happens to slush when traffic eases & the temperature is single digits Fahrenheit? Correct: ice.

@Motorsheen make room in Arizona; I’m getting the U-Haul

Stay safe out there
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited February 2023
    I’m aiming for at least 65 miles in walking workouts this month.
    yzw5wagq4971.jpeg

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,025 Member
    I’m aiming for at least 65 miles in walking workouts this month.
    yzw5wagq4971.jpeg

You got this
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited February 2023
    q203pcvmnlhq.jpeg
    Atomic Habits by James clear
  • TwitchyMagee
    slcruz24 wrote: »
    Hello all. I started this group a long time ago and I have no clue if I’m posting right or not.

Anyway, I did blood work today and hopefully it’s all good. Cancer has snuck up on me twice and I’m happy to say I kicked it’s *kitten* twice. I just want to encourage all those fighting cancer or those who have fought it and also to those who have been affected by it in one way or another. Keep up the good fight. Stay Warrior.

Be fit. Be healthy. Be strong.
    OP! It’s nice to hear from you & congratulations on kicking cancer’s *kitten*! As you see your thread is quite popular And has taken on a life of its own
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,127 Member
    slcruz24 wrote: »
    Hello all. I started this group a long time ago and I have no clue if I’m posting right or not.

Anyway, I did blood work today and hopefully it’s all good. Cancer has snuck up on me twice and I’m happy to say I kicked it’s *kitten* twice. I just want to encourage all those fighting cancer or those who have fought it and also to those who have been affected by it in one way or another. Keep up the good fight. Stay Warrior.

Be fit. Be healthy. Be strong.

Oh wow congrats for kicking cancer's butt twice!!!
    I've been doing some volunteer stuff with the cancer society and it's inspiring to meet all these cancer warriors.
  • Alinouveau2
    How cold it is out today and windy and gross but was sunny at least....

next week it's going to rain. Wtf
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    I have no idea why but I find it cute the way Americans say "mmmhmm" after I say "thank you".
  • TwitchyMagee
    I have no idea why but I find it cute the way Americans say "mmmhmm" after I say "thank you".

I hate it
  • Alinouveau2

Omg this is sooooo American. We Canadians are always like wtf then again we apologize for getting in you way if you bump into us so we're just weird
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited February 2023

Omg this is sooooo American. We Canadians are always like wtf then again we apologize for getting in you way if you bump into us so we're just weird

I never noticed it until I moved to upstate New York so I’m not sure if this is a generational thing or a regional thing or something terrible that spread from the Midwest but I would like it to stop
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited February 2023

I hate it
    I'm less bothered by 'mmmhmm' than I am by 'no problem'.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited February 2023
    cmsienk wrote: »

I hate it

At least they’re words.

I also think they signify that doing something nice for you is not a burden to me.

I like “my pleasure,” “you’re welcome,” “I’m glad to help,” or anything close to that.

ETA: my sister hates when I thank her so she just tells me to zip it.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited February 2023
    cmsienk wrote: »
    I hate it
    At least they’re words.

I also think they signify that doing something nice for you is not a burden to me.

I like “my pleasure,” “you’re welcome,” “I’m glad to help,” or anything close to that.

ETA: my sister hates when I thank her so she just tells me to zip it.
    😂 Sisters
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,502 Member
    A certain ballon that was too close to home. Someone needs to pop it 😑

Also, I'm excited for this weekend for many reasons 😊
  • TwitchyMagee
    A lot of you need to repent
    ogcgta2ynsu4.jpeg
  • Alinouveau2
    The crazy weather...bitterly cold last week and this week we might get rain.