Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited February 2023
    Nice puzzles @Pupowl & @SavageMrsMoose!

@LaurieWrobo - I saw your comment about feeling emotional that your son plans to get married with just his fiancé and no guests. Maybe the couple would be open to a small dinner celebration with just your immediate family after they get married? Wedding planning can be stressful, especially during the ups and downs of COVID precautions, so I can understand why they might just want to avoid the hassle. After your husband’s health challenges this past year, I’m guessing it would feel extra special to enjoy time with your family. Congratulations to your son!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited February 2023
    I’m hoping everyone is on the mend. I’m glad the steroids are working @SavageMrsMoose. It must have been terrible to experience a migraine along with your other symptoms @izzyred9400! I’m amazed you managed a home workout (and good improvisation). Migraines alone feel debilitating to me. I’m fortunate that mine are far less frequent since menopause.

I’ve heard whatever winter colds and other ailments are circulating seem to be lingering much longer than usual so hang in there everyone! 💪💪💪
  • GwenS23
    GwenS23 Posts: 11 Member

Saturday Weigh in
    PW - 285
    CW - 285

No change this week
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    The new group challenge for Week 2 of February has been set up and begins tomorrow. Please join us for the Healthy Habits Challenge. I hope you like it as well. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10883445/february-week-2-group-challenge-health-habits-challenge#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited February 2023
    @PatriceFitnessPal Thanks for reaching out Hi no they would have us there - it's just, I guess, it won't be a traditional wedding - she's not religious and I guess you can marry yourselves in CO No officiant needed - I raised both of my sons Catholic and when they got confirmed I told them they can go their own way- my oldest had an officiant marry him and his fiancee, and now not even that for my youngest - I guess I'm old school about having traditional ceremony and all of the family around
  • jessicakrall8
    trjrw3fe9pvf.jpg

Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @SavannahS2016 x2
    @alleykat69
    @trappedskinnyb x2
    @Lynniebinny76
    @nitaoriol x2
    @dillyg08
    @Nataliewr0403

Stats will begin EARLY in the morning, so please report in ASAP this evening!

Steppers, please give me your steps every 2-3 days...it's so much easier to maintain. I haven't heard from some of you at all this week. I appreciate it if you'll do your part to keep us caught up. Thanks all!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    @kodakslim
    @Yukie_OP
    @alleykat69

You are missing steps from January. Please check the chart and report in so I can close out the month and report our winners. Thanks!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @angmarie28 I sent you an IM, so please check your mail and get back to me. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Bumbinella

Weigh in: Sunday

PW: 165.3
    CW: 162.9

Steps:
    Feb 1: 12,776
    Feb 2: 3,383
    Feb 3: 2,611
    Feb 4: 6,077

Far, far away from my 8,000 step goal… I‘ll have to get more everyday movement in somehow. It’s hard on days I don’t have appointments to get to.
  • jessicakrall8
    Bumbinella wrote: »
    Bumbinella

Weigh in: Sunday

PW: 165.3
    CW: 162.9

Steps:
    Feb 1: 12,776
    Feb 2: 3,383
    Feb 3: 2,611
    Feb 4: 6,077

Far, far away from my 8,000 step goal… I‘ll have to get more everyday movement in somehow. It’s hard on days I don’t have appointments to get to.

@Bumbinella The month of Feb stats started on Sun (we always start on a Sun) Jan 29th, so please give me stats for Jan 29, 30 and 31st as well. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Nataliewr0403
    PW 136.6
    CW 136.4
    LTD 69.8
  • Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    Lynniebinny76
    Wednesday
    PW 239 I think?
    CW 241.0

I am so sorry I didn't post my weight Wed like I thought I did!!
    Welp. Went from a 4 week ear infection to a UTI because of the steroids. Blargh.. However, to flip to the positive, I'm feeling the best I have felt since Christmas! I know my increase is from the meds and increased swelling from infection. I have kicked my water in to high gear and hope to report a better # next week. Or, at least not a gain. Going to do my best! Already thinking about which 5 habits to work on this week :smile:
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @LaurieWrobo I think this would be difficult. A wedding is such a big deal for so many reasons, but it is expensive and highly personal. Also so emotional.

My daughter is getting married in Colorado next year, but they are having an officiant, a judge she worked for. She isn't religious either, but we are still having all the bells and whistles except for a church or synagogue (her fiance is Jewish). I would be sad without that too. I didn't realize you didn't have to have anyone, although she did tell me you can have your dog as your official witness, so I guess that makes sense. She is hoping Buddy will stick around until June 2024 so he can "sign" their marriage certificate- or at least pose in a photo.

My son is talking about getting engaged next year and they are at least talking about a small, destination wedding, so we are invited. I think I'll be far less involved in the planning of this one, so I'm sympathetic. Hugs.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    @pupowl I EXC this week's weigh-in. Winter months are hard and we all have struggles from time to time. I'd like to encourage you to examine what's going well. You're taking care of Tinus. Your identified the issue with your eating plan and have already taken charge, got your head on straight and developed a new food plan to work towards success. Look how far you've come from where you started! You inspire each of us on a daily basis with your daily check-ins, kind words of encouragement to everyone on the team and your workouts are consistent and active. I love your can-do attitude!!

I'd like to plant a seed with you Pupowl...would you consider becoming co-captain with me? Just think about it. You have everything we need in good leadership and giving to others always helps US more than anyone else. Let's talk soon.

Jessica
    Thank you for your kind words! I have thought about getting more involved with the group before, but I am not sure I would be good at it. There are some periods where I do not have the mental energy to be social at all, so I don't know if I can be consistent. I am open to having a chat about it, just to explore what things I could be helping out with.

• Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 373 Member
    edited February 2023
    Walela617 wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 - Hope you're staying warm! Boston's low on Friday night was -9!

Starting Weights - Submit from Sun JAN 22 - Sat JAN 28

Week 1 Weigh-in - Submit from Sun JAN 29 - Sat FEB 4
    Week 1 Winners Posted - Sun FEBRUARY 5

Walela617 (First name: "Carole")
    Sunday (Weigh-in day)
    Starting Weight: 151.6 (JAN 22)
    Week 1: 152.4 (JAN 29) - temporary water-weight gain - I hope!
    Week 2: 147.6 (FEB 05) - YEP! It was temporary! NOW I've gone down into the next lower "decade"!
    LTD: 04.0 lbs (Lost to date for FEB challenge) from JAN 22 Starting Weight

Going by PW/CW:
    PW: 152.4
    CW: 147.6

Lost from "All-Time HIGH" of 217: 69.4! (This reinforces my will to stay the course!)

Have a great week everyone!
    <3 Carole
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 373 Member
    Stats taken from Renpho scale app:
    wkzq1jhyylqh.jpg
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 259 Member
    alleykat69

weigh in: Sunday
    PW: 192.9
    CW: 191.9

steps January 29- February 4
    Sunday 2075
    Monday 3530
    Tuesday 2113
    Wednesday 2901
    Thursday 3274
    Friday 4299
    Saturday 2172

@jessicakrall8 sorry for the delay. got busy this morning.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited February 2023
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    alleykat69

weigh in: Sunday
    PW: 192.9
    CW: 191.9

steps January 29- February 4
    Sunday 2075
    Monday 3530
    Tuesday 2113
    Wednesday 2901
    Thursday 3274
    Friday 4299
    Saturday 2172

@jessicakrall8 sorry for the delay. got busy this morning.

Hey @alleykat69 ...wasn't rushing you for today's...was concerned you'd missed last week's...just checking on ya! It's what I try to do, especially with someone so active in the challenges...just seemed odd. If you ever have problems posting or you try to and it doesn't show, just send me a quick message...or if you're out of town or away from your scale, like at relative's visiting, just message me and I can excuse you for that week. Thanks for the posting! FYI, last PW I had for you was 193.7 from Jan 22nd.
    Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ab4c4bfbt1bb.png
    9w46psxp73pn.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    9p524csn1qv4.png

By Pounds
    argu6jsg8kfh.png