Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 213

Replies

• refactored
    refactored Posts: 399 Member
    I have "tracking burn-out". I think it's because I've been doing this for months and months and not seeing the weight go/stay significantly down. Anybody have advice? I think I'm going to take a break from tracking my food for a couple weeks.
    @RockinRobyn672 I get tracking fatigue after a while of being meticulous about my tracking. I actually started MFP in 2013 and after 1 year or so realised being ultra accurate was bringing out the OCD in me. While not ideal I tend to track the high calorie foods which I have a pretty good idea about now but I lower my calorie budget to compensate. It works for me at the moment. If my trend weight goes up, I track more carefully but I relax when I am losing. I have found it reduces my tracking fatigue. I also hope it will help me wean from tracking when I reach goal? On the other hand a break is a good idea. You could try sicking to a pattern of eating you are familiar with? That might give you time to recover and then get back in to it. I am sorry I don't have any great advice for you. Hugs for you.
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    I have "tracking burn-out". I think it's because I've been doing this for months and months and not seeing the weight go/stay significantly down. Anybody have advice? I think I'm going to take a break from tracking my food for a couple weeks.

Tracking burnout is one of my biggest issues with long term maintenance. I know if I don't track my weight will increase - guaranteed - but tracking forever so I can actually maintain (when I get there)??? That seems too daunting. Maybe if you create a few "standard days" of meals that you know are within budget, and eat those for a few days/week until you feel like tracking again??
  • jspecies11
    jspecies11 Posts: 963 Member
    @NuggetBrain congratulations on the 50 pound loss. Great work! I hoped you treated yourself somehow. B)