WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,927 Member
    Jewelry- I LOVE the really old rhinestone pins/brooches and I have quite a few that were my grandmother and great aunt's. I wear them on my dress coat for church and often times on my dresses at church.
    I change them out depending on what color I want. The one on my coat now that stays there is a huge one that looks like a snow flake- looks great against the black wool of the long coat.
    I don't collect a lot of things but those are one of the things I do collect. I look at garage sales and buy some on line. They are small and pretty and makes me smile.
    I actually wear both of my wedding rings(yep, wear mine from first hubby on my pinky because it is very little and wearing it makes me happy) and my current wedding ring. I have other rings I wear occasionally. My necklace is a gift that says "Best friends Forever" from former hubby.
    I have other jewelry that I wear occasionally but don't think about changing out.
    Ear rings that I wear 90% of the time are small gold hoops dh got me about 5 yrs ago.
    There are a few pieces that I have lost over the years that makes me sad.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited February 2023
    (((Debbie))) Lots of hugs for you and your family!

Carla & Beth ~ Sorry to hear about both your mom's.

Being Talked Over ~ That is such a thing around my home. Both DH and Son do that to me. We both have to yell at son in order to get a word in. DH does it because he doesn't want to hear any suggestions.

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    Awww Debbie- negative energy doesn't help with any of that.. im so sorry..
    Feel better
    Im feeling much better.. my voice is just a few octaves lower than normal.

Thanks- it is just a cold- we all have it but I need to make sure I am on top of the asthma so it doesn't get me like the last two years.
    5 weeks of treatments every 4 hours- I added it up last year, over 100 nebulizer treatments during that 5 weeks.
    Skipping class tonight- not going to push it even though I am really going to miss it. Better to miss one class than 5.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Has anyone heard of or read the book Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend?
    They are Christian writers. Former hubby suggested that for dh but I don't think he would consider reading it but I am going to check it out for myself. May help me too.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,318 Member
    Beth - I DM'd you. Please check your messages.

Lanette
  • dlfk202000
    1948CWB wrote: »
    (((Debbie))) Lots of hugs for you and your family!

Carla & Beth ~ Sorry to hear about both your mom's.

Beging Talked Over ~ That is such a thing around my home. Both DH and Son do that to me. We both have to yell at son in order to get a word in. DH does it because he doesn't want to hear any suggestions.

Carol in GA

sounds like my dh- no suggestions at all. If I don't agree with him, I am wrong.
    If I try and talk, he doesn't listen and changes the subject to something revolving around him.
    He even says when I say, I told you that, oh, I wasn't listening.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of or read the book Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend?
    They are Christian writers. Former hubby suggested that for dh but I don't think he would consider reading it but I am going to check it out for myself. May help me too.
    :) I haven't read the book but I read about it. It looks useful but only to a person who is seeking a solution. It is unlikely to be useful to someone who doesn't think they have a problem

To conclude that others are wrong, is as far as most people get. Thus they see no reason to do anything about themselves

🌻Barbie in NW WA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,350 Member
    o:)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,429 Member
    💖
  • SophieRosieMom
    Barbara - when I said "Annie's" frozen meals yesterday I meant "Amy's", lol. I think it's all the same deal though with prices skyrocketing.

Barbie - same here, when I buy meat I immediately portion it and most of it goes into the freezer other than what I'm immediately preparing.

Carla - how sad about your mom's lack of care and treatment. Glad she has you as an advocate. "They'd" better hang on to their hats!!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,745 Member

Lanette

Lanette ... I didn't receive anything in my mail.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
    Betsy
  • dlfk202000
    a tiny bit of good news on son's truck. Dh was mistaken, he does have theft/vandalism on it. They will try and give him as little as possible but dh can get the records for all the work that has been done on it. Both the mechanic and the body shop.
    Still praying for a miracle and they find the truck and it isn't tore up too bad.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Well its been a quiet day for me.. I just laid low before i go take care of little boy tomorrow..going to hop in the shower in a bit..
    If you guys like recipes with ground turkey
    I found a great one
    Patty Labelles turkey burgers.let me see if I can find the recipe for you.
  • SophieRosieMom
    bwcetc wrote: »

Lanette

Lanette ... I didn't receive anything in my mail.

Beth - I just replied to yours. Hope it works!

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member