Thoughts, Epiphanies, Insights, & Quotables

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,802 Member
    cbxvjqd0u62e.jpeg
    Happy new year from deep in the heart of Austin, Texas
    Wishes and hopes for finally getting to our goal weight this year.

And for our orthodox friends, a very happy Christmas.
    h5m2hbvapwsr.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    Woot Woot @Yoolypr and, of course, everyone else too! Happy New Year and health above all for one and all of us in 2023!!!
  • Yoolypr
    gn1l22pw6ay8.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    Outdated mirror.
  • Yoolypr
    Love this one.....
    spnzn3fh6yqq.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    This poem is something I frequently reread. Lots of wisdom here about the desired/needed qualities for a good life. It was written in 1927 but is still very relevant today -
    krjkljm8t929.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    Have to invest in bigger screen.. which I will do later on❣️
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,221 Member
    @Yoolypr, thank you for posting this! Immediately I hear the man's voice in my head, reading it aloud, from when Desiderata was charting on the radio (strange to think of that now).
    And the chorus keeps repeating in my mind:
    "You are a child of the universe
    No less than the trees and the birds
    You have a right to be here.
    And whether or not
    It is clear to you
    No doubt the universe is unfolding, as it should!"
    What comfort there is in that, what wisdom in this poem 🥰
  • Yoolypr
    I think my favorite line is “Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness”.
    For me, it’s more fatigue than loneliness. But in observation this is so true for many people.
  • Yoolypr
    crm4ruzh0671.jpeg

Don’t know what eggs cost in your area but they’re obscenely expensive here!
  • PAV8888
    I never though that marketing board pricing would be good... wait a second... what am I saying!?!?!?! You guys are now up to $3.59 according to the USDA? Wasn't it the other day that I saw some brown eggs at just about the equivalent of $4.50 US (CAD 6)... and that was ON SALE!
  • Yoolypr
    Here eggs are about $4 to $5 or more per dozen. The excuse is that poultry farmers slaughtered thousands of chickens due to rampant bird flu. We’re told it will ease up once the next generation of chickens matures. However in my experience, prices rarely go down to where they were. Might moderate some but never all the way back because people just get used to the new prices and there’s no incentive on the part of the farmers/distributors/groceries to sell for less.
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Yup, eggs are up substantially in my part of the world too - and free run/free range are hitting $7-8 CAD.

But still cheaper than meat.
  • Yoolypr
    So we’re having freezing rain for the next three days..... Texas is just not equipped for this. So everything is shutting down until Thursday.
    iojv89wnoazc.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    Soup usage! Thank you smart hubby for buying on sale!!!!😁🤣😘
  • Yoolypr
    edited January 2023
    Hubby is crowing like the proud rooster 🐓 that he is! Soup 🍲for the ❄️ days ahead.
  • Yoolypr
    0q6h4q4dfe6t.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    YES! There is no quick fix. But maybe it really is a "diet" - our new life long diet - as in the primary definition of the word:

1. the customary amount and kind of food and drink taken by a person from day to day.
  • Yoolypr
    89rwshrd9x9b.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Love it!!!