What's on your mind?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I used to put my daughter's boyfriend's through a test - I'd leave a 24 pack of water bottles or a heavy Amazon package on the from porch to see if they'd carry it in for me. If they did, they were a keeper. If they didn't, well, yea, she's still with him 😑
    😂 my grandmother used to love when I dated handy blue-collar guys. She got her whole bathroom redone from my dating life.

He's been coming around for 3 years now, he still steps over it before entering my house 😤

Blue collar guys are the real deal!

Aight - ima call this a generational thing - cause I have a desk job - but would take the damn water in - and I’d change your tire or whatever- don’t be hatin on us desk job types
    But would you do it without being asked?

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    I used to put my daughter's boyfriend's through a test - I'd leave a 24 pack of water bottles or a heavy Amazon package on the from porch to see if they'd carry it in for me. If they did, they were a keeper. If they didn't, well, yea, she's still with him 😑
    😂 my grandmother used to love when I dated handy blue-collar guys. She got her whole bathroom redone from my dating life.

He's been coming around for 3 years now, he still steps over it before entering my house 😤

Aight - ima call this a generational thing - cause I have a desk job - but would take the damn water in - and I’d change your tire or whatever- don’t be hatin on us desk job types

Nope. He'd take one for himself and leave the rest

• Peachesnstuff
    Someone just yelled at me in the parking lot, now I'm just sad. Don't they realize just how sensitive I am?? 😭
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,643 Member
    Someone just yelled at me in the parking lot, now I'm just sad. Don't they realize just how sensitive I am?? 😭
    What did you do? Take "their" parking space? People can be awful. 🤗
  • Peachesnstuff
    cmsienk wrote: »
    What did you do? Take "their" parking space? People can be awful. 🤗

I was "driving too fast"
    I promise you I wasn't, she was just driving too slow
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,039 Member

I’m no mind reader sheesh - but of course smh
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,039 Member

You’re pretty
  • Peachesnstuff

You’re pretty

♥️ You're prettier
  • TwitchyMagee
    The fact that the pediatrician just told me they are at too high a volume & can’t see any more sick patients & that i should take my child to the walk in. wtf is going on
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,154 Member
    Turkey. How terrible the earthquake was there
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    Do I stand my ground and tell the client I have standards and won't be sending a 1099 to Zillow or do I do it up and pretend I'm going to and fake them out?
  • slcruz24
    slcruz24 Posts: 222 Member
    So eating frozen anything that needs to put in the microwave to thaw and heated isn’t worth the crap feeling you get afterwards. My fault for forgetting my lunch. One day I’ll learn that hunger pains is better than the pain you get from eating inflammatory filled crap.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    slcruz24 wrote: »
    So eating frozen anything that needs to put in the microwave to thaw and heated isn’t worth the crap feeling you get afterwards. My fault for forgetting my lunch. One day I’ll learn that hunger pains is better than the pain you get from eating inflammatory filled crap.

Or stay inflamed 24/7 and not know what you're missing :)
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    slcruz24 wrote: »

Yes! I no longer touch microwave meals because they all make me sick! I just eat other things that are bad for me but don’t make me sick. 😌

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    edited February 2023
    Friends,

I’ve always enjoyed wearing trail runners while hiking, even in winter, because boots feel heavy to me. But as my hikes get longer and the snow gets wetter I am considering different footwear. What are my options?

I know, because of where I’m putting this question, I’m going to get very little traction here. I will also do an internet search.

trail running shoe companies generally have boots too. There's the obvious Colombia, Merrell, Magellan. I think Merrell have a pretty good reputation...mine are Merrell
  • TwitchyMagee
    Friends,

I’ve always enjoyed wearing trail runners while hiking, even in winter, because boots feel heavy to me. But as my hikes get longer and the snow gets wetter I am considering different footwear. What are my options?

I know, because of where I’m putting this question, I’m going to get very little traction here. I will also do an internet search.

trail running shoe companies generally have boots too. There's the obvious Colombia, Merrell, Magellan. I think Merrell have a pretty good reputation...mine are Merrell
    Thank you!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,643 Member
    edited February 2023
    Friends,

Thank you!
    Mine are also Merrell. I went hiking in the snow in Alaska with them and they were great - not heavy at all
    yl79rjooxnbd.jpg
    I also wore them outside for hours a few weeks ago when I was helping cut wood and my feet stayed warm
  • TwitchyMagee
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Friends,

Thank you!
    Mine are also Merrell. I went hiking in the snow in Alaska with them and they were great - not heavy at all
    yl79rjooxnbd.jpg
    I also wore them outside for hours a few weeks ago when I was helping cut wood and my feet stayed warm
    Looks like this is going to be a merrell household! Thank you!
  • WishfulShrinkin23
    WishfulShrinkin23 Posts: 50 Member
    On the subject of shoes.. anyone have input on a good treadmill shoe?
  • TwitchyMagee
    On the subject of shoes.. anyone have input on a good treadmill shoe?
    I wear new balance running shoe on the treadmill because I can easily find them in wide sizes for my funny feet and also because they have a little less tread.