WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Feb 11 Make twice as much for dinner and either invite a guest or deliver meal to a friend. Not today, unless veg dip and prep for tomorrow’s fellowship counts. Really should think of a good meal to bring to R, D & W.

Machka that “our minds were not designed for…” meme is why my phone is on silent most of the time ;)
    Kim yours on processed food and better than. Just so.
    Tracey ((hugs)) Hope your great music idea and some rest help the grieving process.
    Debbie how is it that the guys who grow their hair long have the good hair? Joe’s is thick, abundant and full, while mine is fine, wispy and sparse at the ends.
    Katla fun plans to look forward to… priceless!
    Heather I just :love: love 6 y/o Bea’s dangling footed concentration.
    Karen in VA thank you. Had no idea the weight could be more than the package says. Sure isn’t the case with my cottage cheese, I can never get all four 113 g servings out from a container… ;P
    Betsy thankful for the good news. Bon voyage.
    Annie do you think your Dad doesn’t want to see your mother’s decline, or is not able to see it? :sad:
    Michele, you might like it, but it’s more like medium salsa to me. If you bought a multipack of cans, if it’s not to your taste you could donate the unopened ones. Or if you bought a bottle, you could use the remainder in soup, chili, tomato sauce… Shadow gets fluoxitene when her lick granuloma flares up. Took awhile to get the dosage right, we were giving her too much at first.

Breakfast’s gone. Maybe that chill wind will die down a little while I do morning PT… ;)
    02/10: Move: 2 sets PT w/dumbbells, HBCG stroll with D. active mins:316 steps:8137
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 15+2+5 = basil, beets-baked+juice, carrot juice, celery juice, cucumber, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, lettuce juice, mint jelly, parsley juice, peanut butter, pecans, pepperoncini, popcorn, radish, romaine, spinach juice, tangerines, tea, tomato juice/sauce/bits in soup, watercress juice, wheat (English muffin/pizza crust/rigatoni). CI<CO=657
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, 1.5 loads laundry, Freddie’s, hymns, emailed district meeting notice. Wt:137.6
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Barbara...If you are pretty sure your food scale is accurate, you might consider notifying the cottage cheese company what you have discovered. They can get into big trouble with the FDA for not putting "at least" the amount advertised into the container.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Rebecca ~ I think it is wonderful that your son and DnL do so many interesting things with Athena! And, you take a wonderful photo!

Machka ~ I printed out your Boundary meme! That is something my husband and I both need to pay more attention to. Haven't shown it to him because he would probably get angry.

Debbie ~ Prayers for Destiny. That plastic mask thing looks so creepy. She has been through so much. :'(

Your son has beautiful shiny hair. My son (age 47) has grown out this scruffy looking salt and pepper goatee on his chin and I hate it. I think I would be happier if he would just grow a full beard instead of that.

I know you are proud that your son is learning at an early age to save his money. So many young people these days depend on their parents for help.

Kay ~ That is so sad about your family members. Their children seem so young to have to deal with their father's passing and their mother's mental health problems.

My husband is doing the 3 day prep for a colonoscopy on Tuesday. He is really worried that they will find something very wrong with him and I am also worried.

Carol in GA

I need to go back and check out Machka's post. I am sure my dh would get very angry too if I brought up anything negative about him.

Thanks. Jona does have great hair. The little goatee he has is because that is all that will grow. Being Asian they don't have a lot of facial hair. I wish he would trim it a little more, so wirey.
    Prayers that your dh's tests come back good- one less thing to worry about.
    If he is like mine, he will find something else to worry about but at least have the test over with will help

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Barbara – Loki takes the fluoxitene for his anxiety disorder. Poor cat gets so many pills! Now medium salsa I can handle. So I’ll try the spicy V-8.

Debbie – Jess wanted an SUV with a standard. Do you have any idea how hard those are to find. At the time she was living in VA. Carmax would have shipped it to VA, but it would have been something like $300 more than having it shipped to Hickory. So she drove down here. Congrats on your son getting that car! So many times I wish my dad was here for me to ask a question of. Don’t think I appreciated him until he was gone. Now I miss him and would give anything to have him back

Rebecca – I didn’t realize your DIL was pg again! How wonderful! When is she due? You may have told us and I may have missed it.

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Barbara I think both that my Dad doesn't want to see my mother's decline and so he can't see it. He doesn't get how the abstract "Alzheimer's" translates into things she can't do anymore. He forgets that she is declining.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited February 2023
    Yes, Karen. The video shows her wobbling about as she plays. I'm sure she insisted on sitting like that. She is a force of nature! <3

Off to bed in a few minutes. I had a really long nap this afternoon. Zonked out. Hope I sleep tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Well sorry I haven't kept up today
    Kiziks- yes Tracy loves them and i have 3 pair.. super comfortable..
    Betsy - thats on my bucket list to do a panama canal cruise...ya'll have a wonderful time!!
    Ha ha im thinking back after I had filed for divorce and Tom pleading ,oh we can go on a cruise,we can retire and go to Florida and all I kept saying was to little to late..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member

barbiecat wrote: »
    <3 Thank you all for adding so much to my life. :)

<3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Rebecca ~ I think it is wonderful that your son and DnL do so many interesting things with Athena! And, you take a wonderful photo!

Machka ~ I printed out your Boundary meme! That is something my husband and I both need to pay more attention to. Haven't shown it to him because he would probably get angry.

Debbie ~ Prayers for Destiny. That plastic mask thing looks so creepy. She has been through so much. :'(

Your son has beautiful shiny hair. My son (age 47) has grown out this scruffy looking salt and pepper goatee on his chin and I hate it. I think I would be happier if he would just grow a full beard instead of that.

I know you are proud that your son is learning at an early age to save his money. So many young people these days depend on their parents for help.

Kay ~ That is so sad about your family members. Their children seem so young to have to deal with their father's passing and their mother's mental health problems.

My husband is doing the 3 day prep for a colonoscopy on Tuesday. He is really worried that they will find something very wrong with him and I am also worried.

Carol in GA

They are quite the cute family. I always stressed to the boys that a job is good but having a family hobby is important. Their childhood was filled with Lego, GIJoes, SCA, Renn faires and the nudist resort, all things that we did as a family. I hope he continues that on.💖🤗.
    I was quite pleased with that photo. No lazy eye or nothing!
    😜
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    1w6bvxkf5qf6.png