WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,428 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Barbara – Loki takes the fluoxitene for his anxiety disorder. Poor cat gets so many pills! Now medium salsa I can handle. So I’ll try the spicy V-8.

Debbie – Jess wanted an SUV with a standard. Do you have any idea how hard those are to find. At the time she was living in VA. Carmax would have shipped it to VA, but it would have been something like $300 more than having it shipped to Hickory. So she drove down here. Congrats on your son getting that car! So many times I wish my dad was here for me to ask a question of. Don’t think I appreciated him until he was gone. Now I miss him and would give anything to have him back

Rebecca – I didn’t realize your DIL was pg again! How wonderful! When is she due? You may have told us and I may have missed it.

Michele NC

She is due in Sept.🤗💖
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    jam0525 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with weight loss, but I am watching West Side Story, so I have the volume up loud.

The MGM lion that roars in the beginning just scared my cat into the next room.

Happy Saturday night from Nee Mexico!

Jean

I don't think I've seen the whole of West Side Story. I might have to do that one day.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,023 Member
    No time to read or comment this morning. I will catch up this evening.
    Today’s intentions:
    📍prep for family lunch
    📍family arriving at 12.15
    📍Solid Habits ✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Only if you're interested in doing something like this as we go along ...

Feel Good Feb and/or Exercising the Alphabet in February
    Feel Good Feb
    zdlnh64mq3da.png
    https://www.actbelongcommit.org.au/programs-initiatives/feelgood-feb/

Exercising the Alphabet in February

In other words, on February 1, you'd walk to a street that starts with A or do an exercise video hosted by someone whose name starts with A or something ... A.

On February 2, you'd go swimming at a Beach or play a game of Baseball or something ... B.

On February 3, you'd go Cycling or Climb some stairs or something ... C.

and so on.

There are, of course, 26 letters in the alphabet and 28 days in February, so you'd have 2 free days if you didn't exercise those days or couldn't fit in the next letter of the alphabet.
    I have listed several January highlights so that meets the calendar suggestion for February 1...

And I walked to the Asian "dollar store" next to the Asian grocers and bought Art supplies at lunch today. That'll be my A. :)

Put myself in someone else's shoes --- I've been treating my difficult work colleague with kindness by talking to her about her son, complimenting her skirt, talking quietly and gently to her and so on.

And today, I walked to Bathurst Street to Buy some Books. I also climbed stairs in my Building. :)

Watch a movie that reminds me of kindness --- probably not tonight!

C is for Climbing and walking on Collins St!

Take a picture of three things that make you happy --

aocs3725u6ly.png
    42vpz698ig8s.png
    qaqbrf33a1dz.png

D is for exercising Downstairs!
    Rowing - 16 minutes
    Walking - 38 minutes
    Weights - 10 minutes

Be kind to yourself -- Sleep, gardening and cycling! :)

E is for Exercising!
    Plus we cycled on Endeavour Ave and the Esplanade. :)

Start a conversation with someone new --- I'm not the sort to strike up random conversations, or conversations at all. But I did chat with a person I met recently and one I haven't seen in a few months today.

And ... F!
    mcuvbtguykqt.png

Consider a current struggle. Write down two thoughts that bring you comfort.

Hmmm ... A current struggle, like only one? Let's go with waiting. I feel like I spend most of my life waiting.

wrt353eh66bk.png
    x3f3p2wdopwq.png
    9g49r21ubbnn.png

And a walk to the botanical Gardens through the rose Garden!
    jrhi6g59mua4.png

Consider and celebrate diversity! Does that include people who look at things completely differently than you do? If so ... woohoo! I've had that opportunity today!

H is for Hobart - walking around. And Hanging clothes outside.

Identify a role model who embodies perseverance and find 2 ways to emulate them.

Well, I don't have role models ... and I've persevered as much or possibly even more than many people I know.

However, today was brought to you by the letter I. I did walk by and around IMAS (Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies).

Check an item off your to do list this weekend!

YES! I tidied a shelf in the kitchen. I've been meaning to do that for months but finally did it today. There was a large quantity of rubbish on that shelf ... more than I thought. So, much of the cleaning process was just throwing things out.

I've also been dusting our entertainment unit and all the stuff on it.

And I went outside and tidied the area right in front of our front door which involved moving a whole bunch of pots and other garden things to a different location and then sweeping out a year's worth of leaves and stuff. I climbed up and down and up and down stairs doing that.

This evening I made an attempt at digging the area I want to plant things next to my dry stream. I got a new spade which is great, but even so, there are so many roots, I'll need to use something else to break it up.

Just getting rid of Junk and Jabbing the Soil

Make twice as much for dinner and either invite guests or deliver a meal to a friend ...

We're actually doing that sort of dinner thing on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, all my exercise was in K ... Kingborough today!

Cycling:
    bdgt6bwhubu9.png

Heaving a heavy mattock in the garden:
    x23kxu9gyuil.png

And walking our Kitty, Rhody. :)

Make a list for the week ahead so you stay focused.

I have one massive ongoing things to do list with the most urgent things at the top.

L
    Walking exercised my Legs.
    Gardening exercised all my Limbs!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    L
    Walking exercised my Legs.
    Gardening exercised all my Limbs!

Machka in Oz

My Lower back is also feeling it.

• Machka9
    DH has been awake in the night with what he calls 'indigestion'. Also an upset stomach. I feel it is related to the deterioration of his twin sister, and he doesn't disagree. He also is mourning the death of two of his best friends from when he was younger, even though he was terrible at keeping in touch. Feels he is getting old, I guess.
    He has always put thoughts about death etc to the back of his mind, in fact, tries not to think about it at all, but reality is catching up with him.
    I'm trying to be a steady sounding board for him, without going too gung-ho. He has to get there at his own pace.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

What did he have to eat for dinner?

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    Machka - It has been going on for some days now Whenever he is upset it shows up in his digestion. I have been careful to keep food fairly standard and bland recently. Being awake at night is a sign of stress with him.

Been playing around with Instagram post/story. I'm not entirely sure I got what I wanted, but I had fun trying!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,293 Member
    :)
  • Machka9
    Saw this on Facebook today and thought of you M.

fx1xcsz5nwig.jpg It is somewhere in New Zealand.

Looks like somewhere in Canada.

One day I would like to go to New Zealand. I've been to the airport in Auckland for a couple hours on at least 2 occasions but that's it.

Maybe parts if New Zealand do look like Canada with pine trees.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    Good Sunday from sunny Ohio!
    Watching a car show where they are doing funky things to an old Miata to take it hill climbing. That made me think that since it is sunny and has rained lots since last snow, I am taking my baby out of the garage today to stretch her legs. She has been sleeping since October. Never thought we would have a 50 degree day in February.

Thank you Carol for the reminder of 3 day prep. When I had my last colonoscopy, they recommended what I looked up for that prep. It really was easy on my system. I will switch to low fiber a few days before. Again thank you!

Gotta make breakfast.
    More later!
    Love you all!

Kylia
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,022 Member
    Good morning ladies!

I resisted the first of the Valentine's chocolate Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    B)
    Betsy in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,494 Member