Share your Numbers

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Hey @Dante_80 this is AWESOME SAUCE! Well done!!!

now to get one of them fancy calcium CT scans!!!

Any association for you with calories above or below maintenance and average resting heart rate? Mine seem to track quite closely.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Any association for you with calories above or below maintenance and average resting heart rate? Mine seem to track quite closely.

I don't track my heart rate (no fitness band or smartwatch) so I hadn't thought of that. Good idea, I'll give it a look!

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    We missed you Dante! It’s good to hear you got through the holidays with minimal damage and we’re able to quickly recover. I too finally was able to lose my three pounds of Christmas cookies.
    When will we see some more glorious food photos?
  • Dante_80
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    We missed you Dante! It’s good to hear you got through the holidays with minimal damage and we’re able to quickly recover. I too finally was able to lose my three pounds of Christmas cookies.
    When will we see some more glorious food photos?

Yay, Yooly three pounds is great!! :)

I can post my Gigantes from today, but it's mostly the same as the last time I shared them. Oh well, here goes!

ta2jkXX.jpg

wsVnnZB.jpg

• Yoolypr
    Soooooo beautiful! And yet simple. Thank you.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Looks delicious, Dante!

Congratulations to you both!
  • lauriekallis
    I can't remember, Dante, if you posted a recipe for this dish? I'm curious about the sauce....(I have some giant lupini beans to dress up!)
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2023
    Tomato.

Search GIGANTES or GIGANTES PLAKI

(Gigandes possible spelling)

While waiting for @Dante_80 's home recipe!☺️
  • lauriekallis
    I did end up doing a little look about - but those Dante beans looks like they are dressing a bit differently?
  • PAV8888
    Hmm. Fairly sure it looks like it has a similar base to most vegetables done in a "Ladera" manner (same as the green beans stew". His have carrots in addition by the looks of it, sweet (like me 🤣) to balance the tomato acids!😲 Plus cracked black pepper

But I'm sure he will share his recipe!

If you decide to major in the minors: protein is the most expensive to digest, followed by carbs followed by oil (TEF). Fiber of course only provides less than 2 Cal per gram usually.

i totally see myself eating something like what he made but I would probably put it over cauliflower rice perhaps mixed in with some rice as an example if I were trying to both fluff up AND cut down on Calories.

In the meanwhile I'm a sad puppy and I'm operating on a couple of larabars!!
  • Dante_80
    I did end up doing a little look about - but those Dante beans looks like they are dressing a bit differently?

It's a pretty basic gigantes recipe, I do a variation of this one (using green bell pepper instead of celery).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FMNwcwFa8U
  • lauriekallis
    Thank-you, Dante.

You we're right on PAV. If I make these they will be a side...teamed up with ??? cauliflower... Maybe roasted cauliflower which I've been enjoying this week since cauliflower was on sale. And I might add more carrots and green beans to the bean dish...🙂

• lauriekallis
    Not quite a full week yet - but this is my first week back on a pretty solid calorie deficit (as part of my new "diet/binge" lifetime plan). Today is my first day of the scale bouncing up. I've been waiting for it. Though losing 2 pounds a day was nice I kinda figured it wasn't going to last. Onward and downward. My knee is still swollen - that should be good for at least 5 pounds in the next few weeks :)
  • lauriekallis
    Oh I love the "honeymoon" period. It sucks that I got to this point - but I'll try to revel in this initial drop. Down almost 7 pounds this week...I know...I know...but it is so very much better than a silent unsubstantiated awareness that the pounds are piling on.
  • lauriekallis
    At the end of January my friend in BC said that she wanted to lose 5-7 pounds by her birthday, February 10, today! I grabbed onto her words - threw down a challenge - and we started on February 1st.
    This challenge pushed through my misery of being this weight and woohoo! Here it is 10 days later and I've lost 8 pounds. Of course that freakin' scale has bounced all over the past 10 days but this morning the scale gods smiled at me. I'm kind of feelin' in the groove again - and excited when I think of where I might be come the end of this month, the end of March, beginning of summer! First time in awhile I have felt this excitement. I've been so stuck on self recrimination I couldn't seize any ??? hope/inspiration/belief/determination???
  • Yoolypr
    I hate “bouncing” scales! I think I have conquered the holiday weight finally. It’s been a fight. But the scale is consistently showing it’s gone. So onward.
    Sadly that last twenty pounds does not give up so easily. I am determined to lose it or at least a goodly chunk of it before going to Hawaii in September.
    Should be doable but I’m at the stage where moving weight is slow. And I don’t want to do drastic changes to what has been a fairly successful weight maintenance. I fear if I restrict too hard now I might lose control and regain.
  • lauriekallis
    You are a wise woman, Yooly. Is there any "common" food/drink that you think you can eliminate that might add up over time? And not be too terribly missed?
  • lauriekallis
    Dante_80 wrote: »

It's a pretty basic gigantes recipe, I do a variation of this one (using green bell pepper instead of celery).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FMNwcwFa8U

Finally watched this video...I might just have to watch this fellow make this dish a few hundred times :)
  • PAV8888
    Impressive technique, right Laurie?!?!?!! :mrgreen:
  • lauriekallis
    edited February 2023
    YES. ;)

(and I actually did kinda like his love of beans :) )