Fantastically Fit February

Replies

• mandycat_florida
    mandycat_florida Posts: 60 Member
    Honey Badger: As I remember from my own biking days (see the scar up my right leg for why those days are over) my quads got the worst of it on strenuous rides. I have a compact elliptical gadget, the Stamina InMotion Compact Strider, that makes my quads hurt just thinking about it. I got mine from Dicks Sporting Goods. Go elsewhere for this; looking at their Web site just now, the $149 I paid in March 2022 has in some mysterious fashion jumped to $249. Come, come, now, Dickie; don't be greedy.

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,825 Member
    *Its SO amazing how good I feel in my skin when I am tracking my foods, at or below calorie goal and eating enough protein. Its amazing how I feel happy and all. SO weird how the mindset shifts to dark thoughts when I'm not eating correctly.

Today Again...choosing today to practice better eating habits.
    Choosing today to log my food
    Choosing today to be accountable and to choose to eat at 1400 calories
    and to choose to stay active.

Weight loss is really a practice of CHOOSING to do healthy habits,
    and practicing them all the time, just like an NBA player practices Free-throws.
  • SherryRueter
    @CeeBeeSlim I'm so glad you are okay! Yes....don't they recommend magnesium as a natural sleep helper? I'm not sure how bad your sleep is...I wouldn't wanna continue that sleep aid either. Maybe google some naturalpathic ideas instead. A nightly massage would do it for me. LOL. and I'm sure your 2# will whoosh away quickly.

Waves to yall....day 2 of the new employee...not much time for me to spend on the board.
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    SW: 133
    GW: 125

Feb 1: 133
    Feb 7: 131.8

My weekly weigh in was a pleasant shock, but I know it’s a little skewed. My MP started on the 1st, so I’m thinking I was carrying some water weight, making my true SW a tad bit lower. Either way… I’ll take it! I’m just expecting a much lower change in next week’s weigh in.

My goal this week is to stay consistent in exercise and staying within my calories. One of my friends is turning 50, and there’s a lot of festivities. IF with have to put on pause for a few days.

@CeeBeeSlim so scary! Sorry you went through all that and hoping you aren’t sore for too long. Glad your hubby was there to assist.

@Antiopelle Sorry about your loss. It’s so hard when times that should bring people together do the opposite. Hoping tomorrow you are able to not just grieve the loss but also celebrate his life.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    arrrrgh! This is the second time I responded with a post and it just disappears!

@k8richly - the sleep aid made me groggy enough to fall but it was the impact of the fall that sent me to the ER. Just didn’t want to feel bruised but have the head injury swell or get worse over time.

@SherryRueter - I will check out magnesium. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thinking of you @Antiopelle. And hubby is a keeper @lrw327. He came with me today for my “ct heart calcium scoring” test. Never heard of it - but doc recommended it after my high cholesterol numbers.

If low enough I can see if any lifestyle changes are enough to lower my numbers (she doesn’t think it will - seemed to just be respectful of my wish not to be on any meds). But if high - there will be no waiting. On meds I go! 🤞🤞🤞🤞
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 728 Member
    @k8richly a tailored strength program sounds great. I hope it works out well for you.
    @Antiopelle I hope things go smoothly for you today <3 hugs
    @ceebeeslim, yikes that fall sounds scary. I fell a few months ago but was fortunate not hit my head, just did a number on my back. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you - focusing on weight is just something we do sometimes regardless of what else is going on.
    @SherryRueter sounds like you're doing well with your plan, stick to it!
    @lrw327, great job with your consistency, keep it up and I'm sure you'll be at your goal weight soon.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    44, F, 5' 7"
    GW: 128-135(ish - TBD)
    SW 01-2023: 157.6

2/1/23: 153.4
    2/8/23: 152.8

Slight decrease, weigh ins this week have pretty consistently been in this range though.
    Next up challenge is my sister and I are heading to FL to visit with my father and his wife tomorrow afternoon through Monday. Trying to get ahead with both my client and my day job best I can as I can't afford to take days off right now from either (day job has very limited PTO and almost no holidays, client if I take time off I just lose money and it's a bit too new to be overly open to that idea right now).
    So with our driving and visiting, staying on my 75 Hard tasks plus work will take some prioritizing and planning on my part - hopefully won't be too bad, I'm pretty good at saying "no thanks" (boy is this challenge good for building up THAT muscle), and my sister already said she'd join me on a lot of the workouts, so maybe won't be too bad LOL.
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Height: 5'8"
    SW: 160
    CW: 157.9
    End of month GW: 156

2/2: 159.4
    2/9: 157.9
    2/16:
    2/23:

I kinda hate that calorie tracking works lol
  • SherryRueter
    edited February 2023
    okay.... I have to do more tracking.
    Afternoons are a bear for me to get thru. I just need to figure out what to do with my brain from 2-4:30pm. Its that specific hours of the day that I either make or break it. And if I can turn it into "Make IT" I will be well on my way to freedom from that damn number on the scale.

This chart I will give myself scoring on how good I am doing. Its out of 10 total points.
    I rate how compliant I was. Totally a gut feel But If I binged and ate crap I would expect it to be a zero.
    If I just simply chose the wrong food, it could be a 5-7; If I am on plan it will be a 8-10;

Date : WORKOUT : AM : 1-2:30 : 2:30-3:30 : 3:30 - 5 : 6-10
    2/08 : Lower body ; 10 : 5 : 5 : 5 : 10 Total: 35/50
    2/09: Cardio/core:

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    @everyone: thank you for your thoughts. The funeral went well but extra worries have erupted, as it is now obvious that my mother in law has Parkinsons' / Alzheimers'. First days I thought she was in shock after the passing of her partner, but there is more at hand obviously.

@CeeBeeSlim : what a scare!! I'm just glad you are ok now. Time to look for an alternative. Hubby takes Difenhydramine from time to time. It's basically an antihistamine often prescribed for sinus issues, but it makes you sleepy as well... it's so light that here we can buy it OTC.

@HoneyBadger302 : I hope you can combine all the travel, workouts and jobs. Good luck for those next days.

@RobinAlex666 : "I kinda hate that calorie tracking works lol" Hahaha, isn't that true!! :smiley:

You all have a wonderful weekend ladies !! :heart:

• mandycat_florida
    I have a very bad habit of discovering some fabulous diet/fitness/wellness/happiness plan, proclaiming it to the world and then giving you a blank stare next week when you ask me about it. But this is a weight maintenance protocol that I've been following for two months with surprising ease and success.

A British doctor, Michael Mosley, came up with what he calls the 5-2 plan, where you eat like a sane person but without agonizing over calories or carbs for five days a week. The other two days you restrict yourself to 800 calories. I've charted a list of healthful foods and their calorie counts and at the beginning of each 800-calorie day come up with a plan. If I'm under my desired weight, I do one day only, otherwise two days. Dr. Mosley wants you to combine this with some version of fasting. My own definition of "fasting" is more than four hours without a fork. Twelve hours isn't a fast, it's a famine. So I skip this part. His original version of this plan called for 500 calories instead of 800. I'm guessing there were too many reports of adherents fainting and falling in front of speeding cars for that to be viable.

P.S. Don't bother buying any of the good doctor's books; he's somehow managed to parlay an idea that can pretty much be condensed on a 5x7 index card into a book publishing empire. You can find plenty of free information on Pinterest on this topic.
  • SherryRueter
    @Antiopelle Im so sorry you hve to be going thru this all.

100% on this one : @RobinAlex666 : "I kinda hate that calorie tracking works lol" Hahaha, isn't that true!! :smiley:

I did SO good until my mom texted me that my dad was being a "pain" ... he is in a nursing home. i can only imagine what this meant. And I have company that arrives Friday (today). So.... I had probably 600 extra calories (basicaly eating what I was supposed to save for weight loss). THE GOOD: I know WHY I ate. AND I know that I should hve just taken a walk with some hard rock music , LOL.

She called me later on, and explained the story. He wasn't mad at her ...he is getting upset with his own progress not progressing in the right direction. They are hoping to switch to a nursing home that is linked to his doctor/hospital/clinic.

This chart I will give myself scoring on how good I am doing. Its out of 10 total points.
    I rate how compliant I was. Totally a gut feel But If I binged and ate crap I would expect it to be a zero.
    If I just simply chose the wrong food, it could be a 5-7; If I am on plan it will be a 8-10;

Date : WORKOUT : AM : 1-2:30 : 2:30-3:30 : 3:30 - 5 : 6-10
    2/08 : Lower body ; 10 : 5 : 5 : 5 : 10 Total: 35/50
    2/09: Cardio/core: 10: 10 : 10 : 10 : 5 Total: 45/50
    2/10: Dirty 30/Tot.Bod: 10: 10:

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 728 Member
    @HoneyBadger302 sounds like you have a very busy weekend coming up. I hope you're able to find some down time for relaxation.
    @RobinAlex666 I'm in the same camp as you and the others, tracking is a pain but well worth the effort.
    @Antiopelle sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope she gets the help and treatment she'll be needing.
    @mandycat_florida sounds like an interesting maintenance plan - and I'm with you on the fasting schedule. I don't know how others do those long fasts.
    @SherryRueter I hope your Mom and Dad area able to get your Dad the right care in the right place.

• CeeBeeSlim
    @Antiopelle The Unisom is over the counter. I just don’t know why it affected me So sorry to hear about your mother in law.

@SparkSpringtime69 - thanks for making me not feel like a fool for the focus on the weight. If anything it taught me to not focus on the scale. Two pounds up AFTER the fall and after only eating a lil that day! My whole body was sore so I’m sure it was the swelling. Already down a pound.

Had another “you’re so dumb” moment. Felt a lil glee when the doc said the pill must have affected me so due to the fact that I’m “so tiny” 🤗🤗🙄.

@RobinAlex666 - yes. Tracking and WEIGHING. My fam still shakes their head when I take out my scale. Whatevah!

Off to pack to bring the folks back to NC. It was a treat being home - but I will be back for the next round of appts in about three weeks. I’ll look forward at least to some much warmer weather and time at the beach!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Monday morning means time for some stats:

* 83.000 steps, I've 'stepped up' my game. :sunglasses: There still is a gap towards my final goal, but it is smaller now
    * continue to read Becks daily and do the exercises : check !
    * 2 fitness sessions and 1 PT: check !
    * Lost 0.2 kg: which is okay-ish ! It still is a loss but it is going much much slower than anticipated.
    * One dive on Saturday with hubby, a proper wreck dive !
    * 24k on the bike on Sunday

I was planning to bike to work today, but I got up with sniffles and a slight fever and that's a big nono in my company. Thus working from home today.
    And I'm longing for some sun and generally warmer weather. I want to wear some shorts and a tanktop, instead of 3 woolen layers and a parka to go outside.
  • mandycat_florida
    The Dr. Mosley 5-2 weight maintenance plan I described earlier will get a thorough testing this week. I hosted friends for brunch yesterday and managed to consume about 8 billion calories. (I begged them to take leftovers home, especially those home made chocolate butter cookies but nooooooooo. Some friends they are.) This may turn out to be a 4-3 week instead of 5-2. I only gained two pounds but that sort of over indulgence needs to be stopped in its tracks.
  • SherryRueter
    @mandycat_florida I think i had about 8 billion calories between Friday night and sunday night also. I have NOOOOO intention of weighing myself for several days. I really don't see anything GOOD coming out of knowing that number. But yeah, I'm also tightening up the reigns .... I figure I had 8 billion calories so a 333k of 1200 should balance that out nicely.

Meals are all planned in my fitness food app.
    Today's are all cooked and prepared.

Just have to put aside time to do tomorrows.

Happy monday yall.

My dad is in worse condition today. Moved to a larger hospital - that should help. I'll sumarize to say "he is in criticle condition".

• spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    SW: 160 (12/2022)
    CW: 152.6
    End of month GW: <150
    Ultimate GW by 60th birthday (8/2023): <140
    Other February goals: 50km run/walking, 2x strength training per week, 4x yoga per week

Happy the weight is still trending down (slowly). I know others understand when I say I am so sick of food tracking. But as several of you already have posted, it does seem to work.

Another short term goal (next six weeks or so) is to really step up my strength training game. We'll see.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    I succumbed to chick-fil-a on the road trip down to NC and some ice cream. Still lower weight than when I left two weeks ago and still intermittent fasting. Today was my real first day trying to be mindful of my cholesterol so eating more veggies and less meat.

Hubby has a cardiologist/vascular surgeon friend who agreed with my pcp. Given my genetics, it’s unlikely any healthier lifestyle is going to positively impact my levels. So - looks like a statin is in my future. Arrrgh!

New week y’all. We can get this all in check!! 💪💪
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Me:
    49 yrs, 5'3"
    GW: 125lbs & strong, fit, flexible. Can I do it by end of June for my 50th birthday?!

Feb 1: 133lbs
    Feb 5: 132.7lbs
    Feb 12: 132.7lbs

OK fine. No change on the scale. I had a terrible cold for most of the week so didn't move much and filled up my calories with orange juice and chicken soup. All good now and getting back to runs and playing. But the stupid Super Bowl set me back. My inlaws like to host and there are No Good Options. I ate things with as much protein as possible (chicken fingers, ribs?) as opposed to total fat bombs (fried mozzarella sticks - who even puts these things into production!?) and I only had one light beer. And I even went for a little run to prepare! But I was hungry so still probably consumed 8 billion calories like you all. Sigh. Let's just say I didn't log Sunday.

Sherry Reuter - hugs to you and your family! It is so hard. ❤️

CeeBeeSlim- hugs to you too but congrats on the IF success!

Antiopelle - I hear you on being sick of all the layers! It feels like spring might be coming and the snow might be leaving but I'm not fooled. We have at least another month of ice, snow and cold temps. At least it's usually sunny when it's cold 🌞 and it's only stopped me from getting g outside a few days this year.