Share your Numbers

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    OMG ... I just watched him make Greek-Style Chocolate Pie in ten minutes. I'm infatuated :)
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 475 Member
    OMG ... I just watched him make Greek-Style Chocolate Pie in ten minutes. I'm infatuated :)

Akis is well known here for his quick yet delicious variations on classic recipes. The guy came to fame after winning a cooking reality show here (master chef) as a teen.

His site is also very well organized and has an extensive English section. Check it out! :)
  • lauriekallis
    I watched video's on his youtube channel for a bit last night. GREAT vegetarian dishes - and even greater than his obvious good looks and charm which are certainly easy to watch, his enthusiasm and freedom in the kitchen was contagious. I just love how he uses his hands to strain the beans (which I do myself)....a little thing, but makes you feel somehow more connected.

I've been thinking of making an herb area in my kitchen - inspired by a rosemary plant I brought in for the winter that is such a pleasure - now even more inspired by Akis's herb arrangement.

Now that The Boy has moved and life is in transition I really wanted to "redo" my pantry system. I've been using up things that I don't plan on replacing. I have a spot on my wall with lots of empty storage jars. Thinking that could accomodate plants and I could install a grow light which would make my kitchen feel sunny all the time :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    watching cooking videos... hmmm.... :smile:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,802 Member
    Akis Petrizikis! Not only can he cook but he’s eye candy. Sometimes it’s not all about the recipes.....
  • lauriekallis
    Only for inspiration, PAV. I expect those giant beans will be on my menu soon :)
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2023
    Subway, veggie sub, no sauces, footlong. NCCDB database 534Cal. My new estimate remains the same (I came up with -20 Cal). white bread was 137 and 138g Yellow Cheddar was 22g. 175 to 180g of random veggies with most caloric being onions at 40Cal per 100g
  • lauriekallis
    Has anyone had any trouble with MFP not communicating weight updates with Fitbit? My steps appear to be coming into MFP but weight isn't going to Fitbit so it isn't going from Fitbit to Trendweight.
  • PAV8888
    Got nothing for you because I always used to enter weight on FITBIT, which would then forward it to MFP and Trendweight!
  • lauriekallis
    maybe I'll try that!
  • Yoolypr
    So the scale is up three pounds this morning! No rational reason as to why. No excess salt, eating, exercising….
    Totally discouraging. I know it’s not real but still.
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2023
    Overnight, right? And no food justification? Recalibrate? Battery? Any swelling?🤔
  • lauriekallis
    Crazy, Yooly! I know that is very discouraging - but you got this. You can staredown that freakin' scale until it takes a step back.
  • lauriekallis
    Any chance you are getting ready for a good weight drop? My body seems to do the up a bit, drop a bigger bit routine rather than anything smooth.
  • Yoolypr
    Nope and nope. No good reason. I was cold yesterday and used an electric blanket to warm up - doubt that overheating yourself causes weight gain. I’m over it after the initial surprise. I’m sure things will right themselves in the next few days. 😖
  • lauriekallis
    It works! MFP does receive my weight when I log it into Fitbit - just not the reverse. Thank you, PAV.
  • lauriekallis
    Oddly - Fitbit gets the food and exercise information I log into MFP - just not the weight ????
  • Yoolypr
    edited February 2023
    Well, my surprise overnight three pounds are down to one after much 💧peeing! Must have been salt or water weight. Where it came from is still a 🤔mystery.

Son suggested I get a Fitbit but I don’t know if I have the patience or time to deal with it. Right now it’s me and the scale and food logging. Seems to be working. Do I need that much more information at my age?
  • lauriekallis
    Most of the time my fitbit is not a bother. You where it. It counts my steps / heart rate / sleep. I'm not use to that extra information and it feels part of my life. At first I was only interested in the steps and the first little bump in the new technology road I wanted to drop it down the sewer. I'm glad I didn't. I do find it interesting and in a way it keeps me connected to my body - which is a good thing.
    The sleep data is interesting - really doesn't make sense to me most of the time - but it is interesting :)

All that being written - I don't imagine it would shed any light on those 3 pounds that came to visit? Maybe the hamsters invited family over????
  • Yoolypr
    Once you get past 70, sometimes you just don’t want to know all your bodily details. Ignorance is bliss! I know my sleep patterns 😴 are crappy. My arteries are stiffening up. I probably don’t move 🦵enough on non-gym days.
    Bad enough dealing with the regular doctor visits (6 month checks ✅ for oldsters). I think I’ll avoid further anxiety and wait for the next bombshell 💣 in the doctors office.
    No clue on which or how many hamsters invaded my body to cause an overnight blowup. It’s gone now so it’s all good.