JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2023
    JFT for 2/15/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the nuts
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 2/16
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) Honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/8)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/14)
    11) Tamales ok today (last 2/9)
    12) Up to 1.5 to 2 oz of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today.
    Hour commitment -Going to have my coffee stuff a little early today. I inadvertently made it and I want it while it's hot. Normally I don't have it until 8 am.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member

Goal for the week 2 13 thru 2 27
    NO SNACKS except a protein shake
    2/13 Monday :) Well .. I kinda did snack at 4 in the afternoon. We were out running errands .. it was a beautiful day, close to 60 degrees. Got home, and hubby says how about a margarita, and some chips and dip leftover from sunday.So .. we sat in our patio room, had a margarita, and some chips and dip. But... I had the spinach dip (only 80 calories for 2 TBSP, and some low-fat triscuit crackers. But what I did do was eat very lite for dinner .. just a big salad with chicken on it. Our daughter came out in the evening... got out the tortilla chips, and took a huge bowl. You have no idea how often I walked past that bag of chips and almost grabbed a few .. which is what I normally do. But I stopped... made the choice to not have any, filled my water glass again. So, day 1, I think I did ok!
    2/14 :) A stressful day with taxes, etc. but got that resolved. Had a lite lunch.. helped hubby. Made beef manicotti and apple crisp... and surprisingly I only had a small serving of apple crisp. and manicotti. Drank a protein shake in the evening. I heard my daughter getting out the apple crisp.. but ha.. stayed in my sewing room as to not go out and eat any! So day 2!
    Lets all make a choice, just this week, to change just one thing.
    We can do this!!!!
    Weigh-ins
    SW: Jan 1st 207.6
    SW: Feb 1: 202.4 (Down 5.2#)
    Weekly weigh-in... I will weigh myself every Sunday. I choose that day because it will help me over the weekends, which is usually my worse time.
    Sunday, Jan 1: 207.8 starting weight
    Feb 12: 205.6 -- not the best week.
    A little about me:
    My name is Joan, I will be 72 years old this summer. I am very tall, 5'11", and hope to lose 25-30 pounds. I have 2 grown children, have been married to my husband for 46 years; love to garden, love to walk and exercise, and love to sew.
    Weight Goals:
    SW, Jan 1st, 2023: 207.8
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 180 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 170-175 - reach this by October
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 202 --- actual weight was 202.4, so not too far off.
    March: 198
    April: 194 (Hubby and my 46 wedding anniversary)
    May: 190
    June: 186
    July: 182 (my birthday)
    August: 178
    Sept: 174
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
  • pezcollectors
    pezcollectors Posts: 1 Member
    I am new to this and am not sure where to start. I am 62, 5 subway sandwiches tall (minus a bit of bread on the end) and as of today weigh 167. This is down from a peak of 197 lbs in August, 2022. I have back pain from multiple spinal fusions and resulting arthritis which limits mobility and any impact exercise. I was fairly inactive, then COVID hit and I was a chair cover for the 2020 and 2021, In 2022, I developed what was thought to be sciatica and treated with multiple rounds of steroids (oh, boy, add another 5 - 10 lbs for each round and injection!). In August it was discovered that the sciatica was caused by a trapped nerve and surgery relieved 95% of the symptoms immediately! I no longer felt like sparks were shooting down my leg and out my toes worsened by every step. I was able to start being a bit more active, but in September when I couldn't blow a dart out of a dart gun, I saw the doctor and was diagnosed with emphysema. In November, I began Pulmonary Rehab twice a week, weighing in at 187. I now have a treadmill that I walk on daily and an Elliptical that I exercise on daily. Yesterday was my last day at Rehab. I weighed 167, so I have come a long ways and have a long ways to go. I have gained significantly more strength and can actually see and feel some muscle in my quads and biceps that was absent before. My fear now is that without the motivation of having to face my rehab therapists and 'perform' on the rowing machine, elliptical and arc trainer during rehab twice a week, I will lose motivation and incentive. So, I need you all to hold me accountable! My goal weight is 135 by August when I plan to take a trip to Slovenia, Italy, and Austria. I want to be able to walk the bridges in Venice and see all the sites of Rome and enjoy the beauty of Ljubljana and architecture of Vienna! Who will help me, encourage me and hold me accountable?
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    I am new to this and am not sure where to start. I am 62, 5 subway sandwiches tall (minus a bit of bread on the end) and as of today weigh 167. This is down from a peak of 197 lbs in August, 2022. I have back pain from multiple spinal fusions and resulting arthritis which limits mobility and any impact exercise. I was fairly inactive, then COVID hit and I was a chair cover for the 2020 and 2021, In 2022, I developed what was thought to be sciatica and treated with multiple rounds of steroids (oh, boy, add another 5 - 10 lbs for each round and injection!). In August it was discovered that the sciatica was caused by a trapped nerve and surgery relieved 95% of the symptoms immediately! I no longer felt like sparks were shooting down my leg and out my toes worsened by every step. I was able to start being a bit more active, but in September when I couldn't blow a dart out of a dart gun, I saw the doctor and was diagnosed with emphysema. In November, I began Pulmonary Rehab twice a week, weighing in at 187. I now have a treadmill that I walk on daily and an Elliptical that I exercise on daily. Yesterday was my last day at Rehab. I weighed 167, so I have come a long ways and have a long ways to go. I have gained significantly more strength and can actually see and feel some muscle in my quads and biceps that was absent before. My fear now is that without the motivation of having to face my rehab therapists and 'perform' on the rowing machine, elliptical and arc trainer during rehab twice a week, I will lose motivation and incentive. So, I need you all to hold me accountable! My goal weight is 135 by August when I plan to take a trip to Slovenia, Italy, and Austria. I want to be able to walk the bridges in Venice and see all the sites of Rome and enjoy the beauty of Ljubljana and architecture of Vienna! Who will help me, encourage me and hold me accountable?

Welcome! Some of us make a task list, some are more vague, and some of us vent a bit from time to time. It's whatever helps you to reach your goals.

This is a very supportive group, but in the end the accountability has to come from within. Nobody on here will admonish you for missing a goal, but they will encourage you to keep trying. It's often just being better today than you were yesterday.

Good luck!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited February 2023
    @teigansdad Funny, I thought of you the other day, and wondered how you were doing. Welcome back! I can relate to your spirit animal.

@Bex953172 @mytime6630 Love the discussions about choices! Mine (food-wise) have been horrible of late. I need to get back to better habits.

JFT 2/15 W
    1) Move hourly
    2) PT exercises
    3) Net calories zero / 72+ oz. water / NO evening snacking
    4) Webinar 10-12 / digital declutter / clear some papers / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

Here in WI, we've been enjoying above average temps (mid-40s) and sunny days for the past few days. That's a winter heat wave to us LOL. All the snow has mostly melted, and dog returned from walks a soppy, muddy mess. Now the nice weather has ended, and yesterday's/today's rain is over but winds are strong and gusting. No dog walk in that. Highs tomorrow and Friday will be 20 degrees colder, so bit of a roller coaster. Hope to get several more dog walks this week (we walk 3.5 - 4.5 miles) to keep up with my MapMyWalk challenges this month.

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11]

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack!
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday)
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days
    February 1x6 days, 1x4 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 22.06 miles so far (2/11)
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps :smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised).
    • register for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019 & not as large of turnout, still 4,000+ participants
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ C
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    I was having trouble tracking and using the website all day yesterday. So Tuesday was a wash.

DAY 17: February 15; JFT I will:
    1. Track all food
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 8 C liquid
    4. 5 freggies
    5. Work on outdoor gardening projects
    6. 7 hours sleep
  • Zamba07
    Zamba07 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2023
    SW: 191.4
    CW: 191.4
    GW: 145

Wednesday Feb 15:
    • Feeling scattered today and can't focus.
    • Another poor sleeping night. Fell asleep on the couch for a few
    hours and then only in bed for 5 hours, 40 min.
    • Another poor eating day.
    • Set up a follow up appointment with my doctor to review all
    My bad test results and come up with a plan of action.

Tuesday Feb 14 (2)
    • Slept 7.15 hours
    • Poor eating day
    • Productive work day
    • Poor productive at home

Monday Feb 13 (1):
    • Back on track today with eating and fitness.
    • The past few weeks eating have been very poor.
    • Goal for week is to not eat sweets and get to bed earlier
    • No spend on coffee and lunches.
    No sweets today
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 2/15/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the nuts✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 2/16✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) Honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/8)✔️Didn't eat today.
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/14)✔️
    11) Tamales ok today (last 2/9)✔️Didn't eat today.
    12) Up to 1.5 to 2 oz of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today.✔️
    JFT for 2/16/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the nuts
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/15)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 2/16
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) Honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/8)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/14)
    11) Tamales ok today (last 2/9)
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/15)
    13) Can have lunch early today due to lunch meeting.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

@pridesabtch - Oh my gosh..that's really sad about your daughter. I don't even know what to say. Hang in there.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    @pridesabtch - all the hugs and prayers for you, Tim and your daughters.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Tuesday Feb 14
    Weight 196.6 (This seems more likely)
    Log all Food - 🙂
    1.5 L of water - 👿 .5
    Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Wednesday Feb 15
    Weight 195.6 I think I need a new scale
    Log all Food
    1.5 L of water
    Gratitude Journal

@teigansdad - welcome back. I’ve only been able to lose when I’m in this group too. I am just getting back to it.
  • mytime6630
    Y’all I could use some prayers for my daughter. She tried to commit suicide last night. We are in the ER with her waiting for her to be admitted.

Hubby and I are a little lost and numb, but holding it together so far.

I am so very sorry. I just don't know what to say. I know what that is like .. my daughter attempted 4 times, but luckly is better. Hugs and prayers to you all, and especially that your dear daughter gets the help so she can feel better. Hugs to you all...
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2023

Goal for the week 2 13 thru 2 27
    NO SNACKS except a protein shake
    2/13 Monday :) Well .. I kinda did snack at 4 in the afternoon. We were out running errands .. it was a beautiful day, close to 60 degrees. Got home, and hubby says how about a margarita, and some chips and dip leftover from sunday.So .. we sat in our patio room, had a margarita, and some chips and dip. But... I had the spinach dip (only 80 calories for 2 TBSP, and some low-fat triscuit crackers. But what I did do was eat very lite for dinner .. just a big salad with chicken on it. Our daughter came out in the evening... got out the tortilla chips, and took a huge bowl. You have no idea how often I walked past that bag of chips and almost grabbed a few .. which is what I normally do. But I stopped... made the choice to not have any, filled my water glass again. So, day 1, I think I did ok!
    2/14 :) A stressful day with taxes, etc. but got that resolved. Had a lite lunch.. helped hubby. Made beef manicotti and apple crisp... and surprisingly I only had a small serving of apple crisp. and manicotti. Drank a protein shake in the evening. I heard my daughter getting out the apple crisp.. but ha.. stayed in my sewing room as to not go out and eat any! So day 2!
    2/15: :) very busy day today. First on hold with social security for 4 hours to get my daughters disability address changed back to ours. She changed it to her, but she lost her 1099, and I don't see mail from them, which being her payee, I need to see. But I hate calling them.. takes forever to get through. The rest of the day helped hubby. We are getting rid of a lot of stuff, and now he ordered a home gym.. so trying to clear space for that! So got rid of 2 large file cabinets that we no longer need. I'm not real excited about getting the home gym as I prefer to go to the gym, but he wants it, and who knows.. maybe I'll use it more and build up some muscles, which I need to do. So while I did not snack tonite, I did get into some M&Ms this afternoon,but stopped at maybe 1/4 cup. Hubby had a friend over, so we were late eating dinner.. and I was hungry. Hows that for an excuse! But.. at least tonite I did not snack, and I had a very lite lunch, so I think I am OK. Day 3 done!
    Lets all make a choice, just this week, to change just one thing.
    We can do this!!!!
    Weigh-ins
    SW: Jan 1st 207.6
    SW: Feb 1: 202.4 (Down 5.2#)
    Weekly weigh-in... I will weigh myself every Sunday. I choose that day because it will help me over the weekends, which is usually my worse time.
    Sunday, Jan 1: 207.8 starting weight
    Feb 12: 205.6 -- not the best week.
    A little about me:
    My name is Joan, I will be 72 years old this summer. I am very tall, 5'11", and hope to lose 25-30 pounds. I have 2 grown children, have been married to my husband for 46 years; love to garden, love to walk and exercise, and love to sew.
    Weight Goals:
    SW, Jan 1st, 2023: 207.8
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 180 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 170-175 - reach this by October
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 202 --- actual weight was 202.4, so not too far off.
    March: 198
    April: 194 (Hubby and my 46 wedding anniversary)
    May: 190
    June: 186
    July: 182 (my birthday)
    August: 178
    Sept: 174
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2023

Welcome to our group!! @pridesabtch is right .. .only you can make the good decisions to lose weight/keep it off. But .. this group is great for accountability, encouragment, friends to cheer you on! We'll hold you accountable, and thats what it takes. You can do it!
  • mytime6630
    Zamba07 wrote: »
    • Slept 7.15 hours
    • Poor eating day
    • Productive work day
    • Poor productive at home

When I don't sleep I don't eat as well either. Sleep is so important. I hope you get a good nites sleep tonite, and feel better tomorrow.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Y’all I could use some prayers for my daughter. She tried to commit suicide last night. We are in the ER with her waiting for her to be admitted.

Hubby and I are a little lost and numb, but holding it together so far.

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry.
    Sending all my love x
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,032 Member
    🫶🌱💎🌿🪞🫶🪞🌿💎🌱🫶
    🫶🌱💎 February 2023 💎🌱🫶
    🫶🌱💎🌿🪞🫶🪞🌿💎🌱🫶

It pains me to see some of you struggling with life’s trials. All I will say from personal experience is:
    e67lupc2r2x3.jpeg
    Hang in there!
    You are stronger than you seem!
    This, too, shall pass!’

• January. Update
    Focus for January:
    • Recovery time. Avoid added sugar
    • work on strength and flex
    • Adhere to Daily Solid Habits
    Avoid added sugar!
    This worked well. It definitely help the inflammation in my joints.
    Strength/flex:
    Very pleased that %age body muscle has increased, and weight has stayed steady. I always worry when I up my strength workouts.
    Solid HabitsVery happy with these
    February focus:
    📍Be more proactive
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits
    PROACTIVITY - RIGHT THIS MINUTE initiative
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎
    Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻

🫶 Terri

David at ‘Raptitude’ suggested using a RIGHT NOW LIST to avoid procrastination. I’ve been trying it out and have adapted it slightly, and it is working.
    📍I have written RTM in big letters on post-its and posted them strategically.
    📍When see one of my notes I will do a small task immediately > 5 times during the day.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,032 Member
    @Bex953172
    Changing your choices is key to changing your habits. Unfortunately, it doesn’t happen overnight. As they say, old habits die hard, but it’s definitely worth the effort to replace them.

I find that concentrating on one small habit at a time works well for me.

Stick with it.
    ig8935v3tcts.jpeg
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    Sorry y’all. Didn’t mean to over share. I just needed a save place to vent my fears. We are keeping this pretty private.