Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    I want to so badly be active in this group, but it's like I always forget until my weigh in day. I'll get there one of these days...

In the meantime
    Lynniebinny76
  • Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    Whoops!!

Lynniebinny76
    PW: 238 I think
    CW : 236.8
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    edited February 2023
    @nancyinmo what an amazing achievement,well done you 👏
    @SavageMrsMoose I too over indulged on Valentine's Day.I brought a meal deal which included a bottle of prosecco.I enjoyed a couple of glasses but I've been trying to avoid alcohol in the week & now it's open in my fridge & of course it will go flat so I've got to finish it 😏
    Chocolate brownies are lovely,I can't imagine how they would taste with beans added.
    @jessicakrall8 my steps
    2/12 9,521
    2/13 10,653
    2/14 7,846
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    I want to so badly be active in this group, but it's like I always forget until my weigh in day. I'll get there one of these days...

In the meantime
    Lynniebinny76

@Lynniebinny76 We're just glad to hear that we're an addiction you WANT to have...and we won't make you gain weight...no calories in sharing thoughts/ideas/questions/concerns!!

Hope you find the time to join us for one of the weekly group challenges...they're fun and you meet people from ALL of the Fat2Fit groups...all five teams! If you have an idea for a challenge, let me know...

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @nancyinmo what an amazing achievement,well done you 👏
    @SavageMrsMoose I too over indulged on Valentine's Day.I brought a meal deal which included a bottle of prosecco.I enjoyed a couple of glasses but I've been trying to avoid alcohol in the week & now it's open in my fridge & of course it will go flat so I've got to finish it 😏
    Chocolate brownies are lovely,I can't imagine how they would taste with beans added.
    @jessicakrall8 my steps
    2/12 9,521
    2/13 10,653
    2/14 7,846

@izzyred9400 Missing your steps for 2/11 please. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,539 Member
    edited February 2023
    Daily check in ~ February 15
    Steps: 17.397
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had another very lazy day, mostly spent gaming and working on my puzzle. Made beans on toast again with some butter and nutritional yeast which was a bit nicer. Didn't eat a lot. I was feeling really tired and my head wasn't nice either, so I went to bed very early. I would have gone even sooner, but my steps weren't done yet so I had to finish those first. I slept for 10 hours and 20 minutes; it was great! Happy Thursday everyone <3
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    @jessicakrall8 sorry 2/11 13,759 don't know how I missed it but it was after midnight !
    @Pupowl how dedicated you are to get your steps in ,that's why you're the Top Stepper.Glad you had a great sleep 🥱
  • brttny7979
    brttny7979 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi everyone! I am overdue for my weigh-in (Weigh day is Monday). Been a rough week with sick kiddos, but pushing through. I have been running and have noticed a big difference in my times, even though my diet leaves lots of room for improvement. Excited to do a 5k this weekend! So here goes

Name- brttny7979
    SW- 198
    PW- 150
    CW- 148

Ps. I am all about low calorie swaps, but I also vote no on the beans in brownies. I have tried 2 different recipes and not a fan!
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    AC204
    Sunday
    CW: 182.8
    PW: 184.2

Happy with last week's loss. It's been slow but steady. This week is tough, my son's bday was Sunday with a couple of meals out and have a bday and shower coming up in the next few days. I can usually limit the sweets but eating out is still a struggle.

Hope you're all having a good day/week!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    My goal is to maintain my weight at 120-130 pounds, but my trajectory is moving in the wrong direction! Here’s my weekly weigh-in report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 134.7
    CW: 135.0

SW: 168
    LTD: 33.0

Yesterday, the scale registered 135.1, which was my prior weight in last week’s report. I guess the good news is my weight doesn’t fluctuate significantly in the short term but 200-300 extra calories over time creeps up on me. Then, it takes a lot of thought and effort to get back down. I need to keep working to find dietary substitutions I can live with forever in order to sustain my weight in the healthier range. More natural snacking - e.g., fruit in place of other sweets - or meals consisting of natural grains instead of processed carbohydrates is where I’m hoping to make some changes.

Speaking of substitutions, I’ve had some good brownies made with beans, but I haven’t tried to make them myself. I like moist/chewy brownies and I think the ones with beans were a bit drier but I’m a chocolate lover so I haven’t had much chocolate that can’t be “fixed” with a complementary glass of milk or a little peanut butter 😂. Now, I try to eat a much smaller portion - like one or two chocolates - or I mix a small amount of dark chocolate chips with nuts, raisins, coconut, etc. to manage the portions better. Sometimes it works —

I’ve been reading through the comments and plan to respond in more detail after I meet a couple of deadlines tonight. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited February 2023
    @jessicakrall8 — Oops! That weigh-in report ^^ got buried in my long comment. Sorry for getting off on a tangent and making it harder to find the weigh in — Thanks for all you @Pupowl do to keep our team moving!
  • jessicakrall8
    JenHul wrote: »
    Good Morning,
    I have a question. Do any of you suffer from Planters Fasciitis?
    I work at the Post Office so I am on my feet the whole shift, on concrete floors mostly.
    I have gotten the cortisone shots before (that hurts so bad this needle going into your heel) I heard that too many shots is not good for you? Not sure if that is true. I've just gotten a night splint to try to wear that is suppose to stretch out the tendon, but it makes my foot fall asleep, so not very comfy. Just wondering what has worked from any of you, before I book another apt. to get the shot. P.S I really really do not like needles, that is why Im being a big baby and trying other ways to help with the pain.

The pain is so bad I have not been going for walks after work so I'm not reaching my step goals

Feb.13 Steps= 6855
    Feb 14= 6603
    Feb 15= 8588

@JenHul I have plantar fasciitis and it IS a big pain. I haven't had the shots...I tried inserts that were by prescription but hated them. When mine was REALLY bad, I started looking for companies that offer shoes already with built in support for both the arch and padding for the heel. I have done birkenstocks which are excellent, but take a long time to be able to wear and if you have added weight it's more pressure pushing down on those VERY hard arches. I finally went with a company called Vionics...those are the ONLY shoes I wear and I also add in some arch support/heel padding from Dr. Scholl's. I have walking shoes, sneakers and flip flops from Vionics and LOVE them. I never go without them on...they even sell slippers, sandals, dress shoes, you name it. Prices are a little higher but they offer a program where you can earn discounts based on what you buy AND they have GREAT sales, so I'm registered to receive their offers. I no longer have ANY pain at all...there are other companies out there, but those are the two that helped me.

Hope you find a solution, but definitely check them out. Good luck...I can remember when mine was so bad that I even had to slip on regular (cheap) flip flops in the shower to be able to stand to take a shower. I no longer have to do anything like that in the shower.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Hey y'all...hope you had a great day!

Walked this morning for .80 of a mile. Then walked again tonight a little more than that...over a mile and a half for the day. Finished my step goal for the day as well.

Had a stressful day today at work that I'd been dreading, but I finally decided last night that I was as prepared as I could be for a meeting with my boss and I calmed down and went to sleep. Meeting was productive and he was thrilled with what I presented. He and I are polar opposites and rarely see eye to eye on anything. There's a history there of "less than kindness" and disrespect towards me and I'm no longer willing to not stand up for myself, so we have knocked heads verbally a few times. I just don't understand why people can't disagree and yet be respectful. In my opinion, there's never a reason to be rude. In any case, I was glad with the result...meeting went well, he was actually complimentary and before he left for an appointment, we had a good conversation.

Hoping for a fairly peaceful day tomorrow...catching up on emails and getting a few smaller tasks completed. Dreading going after work to get my 2nd shingles vaccine, but didn't have any side effects with the first one...just the sore arm for about 5 days.

3 day weekend for us, but on Monday, have to get up early and take my car to get the annual state inspection done...planning doing some walking at the dealership and reading. Hoping it only takes about 2 hrs to get it done.

Happy Friday Eve everyone!
    Jessica :blush:
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 146 Member
    @JenHul
    I suffered for years when I was a teacher! It’s horrible and I feel for you. I never had shots (didn’t even know that was an option!), but I bought a bunch of shoes from Vionic. They have booties, flip flops, dress shoes, everything. And they saved me!! I didn’t love their workout sneakers, but I purchased Hokas, and between those two, it finally subsided and went away. I also rolled my foot on a tennis ball which provided some relief. But it was the Vionics that did it—especially having to stand for 9+ hours. They’re not cheap, but they are worth every penny! I still wear them.
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    Talking about beans, have any of you tried brownies made with beans? They are supposed to be good but I could be a total disaster.

I have a good recipe for chick pea cookie pie and that really good. My husband has made it a few times and even my kids love it.

https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/deep-dish-cookie-pie/
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-171
    Current weight-171.8
  • kerdil08
    kerdil08 Posts: 61 Member
    Apologies for losing track of things, but this is my weigh-in from Monday.

PW: 188.5
    CW: 188.1
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Weekly weigh-in

👩 Username: kodakslim
    🗓 Weigh-in day: Friday
    👣 PW: 154.2
    👣 CW: 155.6

I will admit that I had a couple of slip-ups this week…in the form of two takeaways. I’ve considered just giving up, but it’s not an option. I need to do this.

@jessicakrall8 I’m so sorry I’ve been unable to report my steps lately. I seem to have misplaced my Fitbit charger and will be ordering a replacement today. I’ll update you when it arrives, so I can get back into the steps challenge. I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused x
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 518 Member
    Gm yall. Just stopping by to say hey.
    Things are going OK. The assistant manager at work is gonna get terminated this next week. I work in a Christian oriented thrift store and her attitude doesn't work , it's always negative
This discussion has been closed.