Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    h6w15whirhmi.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited February 2023
    Why we doing that @Yoolypr ? :kissing_heart:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Okay to leave the brain in the backseat??
  • Yoolypr
    Pack the brain where ever you like!
  • lauriekallis
    Just don't want it to think that is is in the driver's seat :)
  • Yoolypr
    Well some people tend to think with different parts of their bodies. Some with the brain, some with the stomach and some a bit lower than that ....
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited February 2023
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Opened a cough drop early this AM. The wrapper has some inspirational sayings and I think they apply to us.
    -Conquer today
    -Let's hear your battle cry
    -Push on
    -Be resilient
    -Don't give up on you
    -Impress yourself today.
    All of these on a little cough drop wrapper!!!!
    Saw this on another thread, and thought it would be appreciated here! Quite the fearsome wrapper...
  • Yoolypr
    Must have been a pretty big cough drop to get all those aspirations on there! 🥸
  • lauriekallis
    Love it. Especially "Impress yourself today" - I don't think I have ever thought in that way. I've been pleased if I accomplished things - but never impressed by myself. Might be time to get on that :)
  • lauriekallis
    OMG though - that thought is very weird. I pressed Post Reply and then tried on a "I'm impressed by me" thought and I swear it did a number on my head. I might have to start with parts. Today might be "I'm impressed by my left foot" and I'll work up from there. Sounds like I'm joking, but not really.

Thank you for sharing this BC Ladybug!
  • Yoolypr
    ai7zj4y1btye.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    I agree!!! :smile:
  • lauriekallis
    I'm trying hard to really agree :)
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Now If only I could maintain forward...
  • lauriekallis
    A bit premature - but maybe not - and maybe smart thinking enabled by my roller coaster ride of the past few years - anywhich way I'm thinking of what I will do in maintenance.

Everyday, I have to choose what to leave off of of my healthy "menu." A menu I plan to carry on with forever - with the addition of treats :)

Yesterday I left off the end of day yogurt with walnuts because I had a hunger attack in the middle of the afternoon. In maintenance I will be able to eat both! Day before I considered adding some butter to my roasted veggies and didn't because of the calorie crunch. In maintenance I will be able to do that. Same with how much hummus I add to my salad. Or how liberally I sprinkle on the pumpkin seeds.

Last time around I added a whole bunch of trigger foods. They ARE trigger foods for me. Okay to eat OCCASIONALLY if I'm out for a celebration dinner or some special occasion - but not okay in my daily rotation.

I KNOW that from experience now. Not just some abstract theory. I KNOW what they can do over the course of a year.

So, I'll keep on thinking of new things I can add come maintenance time and I'll be ready come the end of summer :)
  • Yoolypr
    59v6dc9x8ien.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    well mine are bad and badder! like the officially bad one is the good one these days!
  • lauriekallis
    I kind of have this dream that once I hit goal my knees will be much happier....you are not making feel too hopeful PAV.

And.

Pretty sure I wrote something about no dancing today? And then tonight a musician friend emailed another musician friend of his and had his named added to a guest list for a sold out show - with a "+1" - I was lucky enough to be the plus one. I took a couple of tylenols before I left because I knew we would be standing for a few hours...those tylenols, plus a beer had me in no pain....you can guess what followed. :(
    Hopefully there is no reckoning tomorrow.
    But it was a lot of fun! :)