Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Slept most of today-usually that is Saturday's job.

I am trying to get the prayer shawl that I just finished to a lady who is in a SNF and is too ill to go home. Amazing how little some of the church members know.... Memo to self - keep asking until you get a live response.....

Last of the Teriyaki Chicken and veg for dinner. Need to do a grocery run. Just think of all the steps.....

Lana-glad your weather is cooperating. tortoise won the race.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options
    bnn8e9wsfirb.jpeg
    *** February 20 ***

Gloomy morning here - need to get a few things done this morning.

It's a holiday, so I think that post office and bank will be closed.

Sara - enjoy your grocery run/exercise opportunity!

*tossing stuff onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Did not get to the grocery store, but got steps at the hardware store and parking lot instead. 5k is done.

Got stood up at lunch. Left message on gentleman's phone (I think it was his phone that's why I didnt leave an unfiltered message). I still had to eat lunch and so I enjoyed broccoli cheese soup.

Tomorrow I will donate time at the Food pantry. I have 3 bags of books to donate and I always get my steps in.

I just have to figure out when to make meals. Maybe after work tomorrow I can get shopping done.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    gai40co39ikk.jpeg
    *** February 21 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - I wonder what happened to your person. Nowadays, you never know who has had a medical emergency or a complete blanking of the memory!

I've got some cod filets in the freezer, and I don't know what the heck to do with them. They are the Whole Foods 365 brand, but gosh are they tasteless and full of water when I tried the first two of them last month. I won't be buying them again, but I have roughly 1.5 pounds of them!
    I'm thinking of marinating them in some olive oil with a ton of seasonings and see whether they are edible.
    I got them because I wanted to get away from other brands of highly salted, seasoned, and breaded fish filets. I guess that that needs to be done to get this stuff to taste any good.
    There's nothing like fresh fish, but that is not easy for me.

Time for a shower....

Lana

263.2 what the kitten?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I have 8k today and body is telling me. Very strong cold winds has the potential for snow later this week. I will just be drinking hot drinks.

Welcome Moo - this week I have gotten out and done stuff so I am not home alone ( I have vacation this week - so I would normally be at work but still dull and "alone" ). I give myself a goal and reward myself early to bed and read or watch something.

Lana - I was thinking along the same lines -spice or flavor that fish.

I will cuddle up and keep as warm as possible.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

New tires on car makes a big difference. Walked to eatery nearby and had hamburger/fries while I waited- oh yeah they had mocha almond fudge ice cream. Never pass up on that one.

7200 steps today. So 3 days of goal in 2 days. Yes, it is slightly painful. 2 scarf set given to hairdresser, so new project on horizon. Hmmmm......

Marginal weather the next couple of days, so I plan on staying close to home-can still get steps in.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    the5h6a4z825.jpeg
    *** February 23 ***

Wow - Yesterday got away from me....

Welcome to Moo~~ Wise words about the benefit of routine and structure. I battle loneliness. Simply engaging with other people helps a little bit, but loneliness is quite different from being alone/with people. It's complex.

Sara - you are upping your steps! That's great (understanding that weather can affect the #s)

I have been diving into the carbs lately. It's time to turn that around.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

What was supposed to be beef stew became roast - too lazy to cut beef and it is too nice of a piece. It is in slow cooker bubbling away.

Dejunking and walking on the list.

Enough snack foods but I wont tell if you dont.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. It’s been a bit of a crazy week. I had to take my sis who doesn’t drive to a doctor’s appointment this week as well as entertain bids from 3 different roofers and work and exercise and log calories. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday😊.

Lana, that scale can be a biotch. I find that focusing on how I feel in clothing and seeing gains in exercise helps get me through.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    g2fydk3vwe25.jpeg
    *** February 24 ***

Good morning all~~

Sue - good luck with the roofing project!

Sara - the roast beast in slow cooker sounds yummy!

🌴The Cabana Boys will be having a festive Happy Hour for us this afternoon ....😁🌴

Lana

264.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Trying to clean the kitchen. It just gets dirty again...... Dejunking it will help a lot.

Rain here so I am not sure how to get my steps in.

It may be one of my relaxing days due to weather.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    6haibwvt6l5y.jpg
    *** February 25 ***

Good morning everybody ☀️

Sara - understood about the kitchen.... I tend to leave things out, like bananas and the canister of oatmeal, and other foods or reminders of foods so I don't forget that I should eat these things because they are healthy or they will go bad if I forget about them....
    Also, my kitchen counters are the drop-off place for when I come in the door. Oy.

It will be raining here in NC today, so the only way I will get steps in is to vacuum and to put on some music and dance, possibly at the same time?

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

264.4 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    rmne9vpgu9eu.jpeg
    *** February 26 ***

Just checking in....
    Everyone have a good, healthy day 🤗

Lana
    263.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

All of my meal projects are in the freezer. I am at least meal-wise ready to go back to work.

Dancing when it is raining is a good way to get your steps in.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    bjo25vf6ngqy.jpeg
    *** February 27 ***

Good morning all~~

I hope Monday is kind to everyone. ☀️

Today is another day of gloomy skies, and the gloom carries on into my head. Dang!

Lana

265.2 today, Gah!
  • PrfChaos
    PrfChaos Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a serial starter so I thought I'd check in here. My weight has been up and down my whole life pretty much. I did low carb years ago and lost, but decided against that diet. Did calorie counting in 2014 and lost a bunch of weight in a contest at work, but then gained it all back. Went Vegan for over a year in 2016/17, trying to do whole foods plant based, but ended up eating a bunch of processed plant based foods and gained the weight back on pasta and vegan junk food. Have been dealing with chest pain for a couple years now. They have ruled out cardiac, but one GI diagnosed me with Eosinophilic Esophagitis, so I did allergen elimination diets for that, but ended up in more pain, so just ate almost nothing for a while. Lost a bunch of weight doing that. Went to Mayo clinic and was undiagnosed from the EOE, which is great, but no real answer for the pain. They think combination of reflux and stress/anxiety. Anyway, went back to eating everything and have gained all the weight back again. I'm past due to start eating healthy, drop the weight and stick with it. Calorie counting has worked the best for me, so I'm starting that again, and looking to make healthy swaps and reduce sugar. I have to keep it sustainable. Sorry for the long intro. this looks like a fairly active board, so hopefully I can remember to come on and stay engaged. Happy Monday and have a great week everyone!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome Professor Chaos-- great name (South Park?) 🤣 👍🏻

Yep, calorie counting is good for settling back in and appreciating the "value" of all the foods we eat.

I for one am struggling to turn the scale numbers downward, but it will happen.

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!

Halfway through the class and I’m still going! One week left in my current job before transferring. Hoping this week goes by fast.

Have a great day everyone!

Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

First day back at work and my reward was the dragon is not at work today!! Our weather is bizarre - that is an understatement.

Got 6k today because it was not raining when work ended.

Missy --- yay! Keep up the good work.

Prof chaos - welcome and we try we struggle and with small steps we get there. I am at least keeping in the same range poundage wise so desire is like Lana to get on the downslope.