JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    First of all thanks so much for the welcome back. It feels like coming home to family and just picking up where we left off. @pridesabtch you and I have always had very similar daily goals… it is comforting knowing folks really know exactly what the demons you fight are. On that note I can’t imagine what you and your family are going thru right now… but I suspect the feelings are in constant change from sorrow to grief to relief to anger and a mix of every emotion in between. Just know we are here and we may not have answers but you’re in a safe place to just talk and let it out.

My day yesterday went well. Luckily Teigan finished off the birthday cake so I didn’t have That to worry about. She did make brownies but I was able to just refrain myself from opening pandoras box.
    Yesterdays goal
    Stay under 2000 calories✅
    Run on treadmill after work✅
    Drink at least 8 glssses of water💩
    No more than 2 diet cokes all day✅
    Log all calories✅
    Forgive myself for the weekend 🤷🏼‍♂️working on it

Todays goals
    Stay under 2k calories
    Drink 8 glasses of water
    Treadmill again after work (thinking I might make this my after work, workout because dang running sucks BUT I feel like 1/2 hour to 40 minutes I get the equivalent workout on my overall fitness as I would 1.5 hrs on bike) plus get more time with my girls after
    Log all food
    Stay positive
    No snacks after 8
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Monday 20th Feb

3 proper meals Breakfast and lunch were good, only had some crackers and cheese for evening meal
    Fruit and veg a little ,not enough, I need to food shop
    Only one small snack No snack at all!
    Chase up missing business payment Done, but now waiting on a call back
    Spend at least 2 hours on council appeal 3 hours, but so glad I've finished, it was a big frog job
    Make decision on tree No, can't decide

JFT Tuesday 21st

3 proper meals
    Fruit and veg
    Only one small snack
    Food shop
    Housework and batch cooking day
    Decide - tree

Im trying to decide whether to stick with my garden as it was when I moved in, or make it more like I'd prefer it, would be quite a lot of work for someone with a bad back! Almost all of the flower bed is filled with a large evergreen conifer, I appreciate that its green in the winter, and it does block the view of a neighbour's house. But...if I take it out, I could plant a small tree which I'd prefer, and lots of perennial plants, which is what I'm used to growing. Then I remember I've said I want less work outside! I'm a frustrated gardener, if I buy a plant or grow seeds I end up having to put them in pots because there's no room in the garden. I also don't want a garden I can't keep tidy as I get older. I need to decide quickly, before any birds might nest in it (I don't think they do, but just in case)

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Goals
    - Work by 8:00 (haha) :smiley:
    - Catch up on complaints & QAR's :smiley:
    - Log Food :(
    - Stay within Maintenance :neutral: Maybe
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Bed by 11:00 :smile:

Well, I didn't log my food, so I don't know if I was within maintenance, but I think I was close. My younger daughter is trying to keep me distracted and suggested we go get our nails done last night. It was good spending time with her, but it meant I didn't get to call Sierra during open hours. I feel a lot of guilt over that. I know if she needs me she can call, but I want her to know how much I need her as well. I'll call tonight, and we are driving up tomorrow for a quick visit and to drop a car off to my husband.

Pittsburgh is a walker friendly city, but when she gets out of the hospital, they will change locations to closer to her campus. Then he will need a car. We are very blessed that he has a job that will allow him to work remotely during this time, and that we can afford for him to live in a hotel as long as necessary. I can work remotely as well, but one of us needs to be here. I do better here where I have responsibilities. If I were in Pittsburgh, I would likely just sit in the hotel room and cry until visiting hours and then go back to the hotel after. Whereas Tim is more able to get out and do things. Before I left we got him a few necessities, a yoga mat and some running gear. This allows him to destress a little. He's actually trying to treat this like a business trip. He works until lunch, then goes out to eat. Then he works until the 3:00 visiting hour, visits until 4:00. Heads back to the hotel to run. Grabs a shower, then finds a local restaurant for dinner and drinks. Comes back to the hotel bar for a night cap, then finishes the evening with yoga and bed. It's a much healthier plan than I would have had. I'm thankful for him.

I'm at work today, but getting very little done. I'm sure there are things I need to be doing, but nothing really jumps out at me. I tied up some lose ends yesterday. Mostly, I'm just sitting here wishing I weren't here.

JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meeting at 8:30 :smiley:
    - Follow up on complaints :smiley:
    - Check locally for outpatient programs I might be able to get Sierra into if needed
    - Call Sierra's therapist at the school to try and get an action plan in place for when she gets out.
    - Home by 5:00
    - Laundry
    - Shower
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:00
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    DAY 22: February 20; JFT I will:
    1. Track all food :(
    2. 5,000 steps :smiley: 15,774
    3. Heavy gardening :smiley: got all three Birdies beds filled and planted my peas!
    3. 8 C liquid :)
    4. 5 freggies :)
    5. 7 hours sleep 2h11m
    6. Do one self-care activity :(
    [/quote]
    I am finally getting to the stage of things where I am starting to FEEL better...it's good! I loved having a day off for myself yesterday--I worked really hard and accomplished a lot. It's amazing how much you can do while you are not also trying to do your job.

DAY 23: February 21; JFT I will:
    1. Track all food
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Finish light gardening tasks (bulb planting, color spots, plant onions, etc.)
    3. 8 C liquid
    4. 5 freggies
    5. 7 hours sleep
    6. Do one self-care activity--go to Sally Beauty and get supplies!
    7. No workout today, rest and get steps
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 2/20 M
    1) Move hourly :smiley: 12.6K 25 floors 10/14
    2) Walk dog :smiley: 3.85 mi = happy dog & happy me
    3) Black bean burgers, roasted sunchokes & green beans for supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water :smiley: net cals green 21 haha, sodium high-ish, fiber carbs calcium excellent, protein good, 72 oz. water
    4) Wash dishes / refill heated bird bath / SIL stopped by for short visit / organize tax docs (rec'd almost all) ~ initial push done / CPS-3 survey / clear some papers / digital declutter / another ta-da? used overripe bananas & made bread with new recipe = TA-DA! :smiley:
    5) Floss / retainers / pray :smiley: 3x

JFT 2/21 T
    1) PT exercises :p really s/b doing more than 1x per week, need to make the time
    2) Move hourly / 7,500+ steps
    3) Leftovers for supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    4) Wash dishes / organize papers in home office / digital declutter / clear papers downstairs / vote in primary election on way to choir / 7:30 choir rehearsal / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

Today is the day between snowfalls. Right now, partly sunny & looks pretty, but temp and wind chill are under 20F so no dog walk today. Six days straight for workouts, so tomorrow probably planned rest day. Good thing, because we are meeting with our financial advisor (first time since I retired in fall) but that means 2+ hours car time, not counting the meeting itself. We'll go weather permitting, since we have a winter storm watch from 9pm today to midnight tomorrow, which covers all the counties we'll be driving in. Maybe a phone call meeting instead. Oh well, we'll wait and see.

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11]

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack!
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday)
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil)
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days
    February 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 1x4 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 45.21 miles so far (2/21)
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps :smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,504 Member
    JFT for 2/21/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the nuts and stuff he has on counter. And none of his pepitas.
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/15)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 2/23
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/19). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/8)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/14)
    11) Tamales ok today (last 2/9)
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/20)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as lunch. Can still have cocoa, can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 2/21/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the nuts and stuff he has on counter. And none of his pepitas.✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/15)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 2/23✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/19). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/8)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/14)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Tamales ok today (last 2/9)✔️Didn't eat today.
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/20)✔️
    JFT for 2/22/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the nuts and stuff he has on counter. And none of his pepitas.
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/19). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    12) Up to 1.5 to 2 oz of gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/20)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

[/quote]

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Goals for the week
    - yoga everyday ✅
    - Crochet everyday ❌
    - Log all food and water ✅
    - Three strength workouts
    - Eat at least one serving of fruit and veggies per day ❌
    - Buy Dad a birthday present
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    more during the day, hoping that will help me. I know its just habit .. and a bad habit
    JFT, Tues
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. stay within my calories :)
    4. Day 1 .. NO EVENING snacking.. except maybe a protein shake :)

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. stay within calories
    4. only evening snack .. protein shake

Week of 2/20 - 2/27 - no snacking in the evening; protein shake is OK.

Weigh-ins
    SW: Jan 1st 207.6
    SW: Feb 1: 202.4 (Down 5.2#)
    Weekly weigh-in... I will weigh myself every Sunday. I choose that day because it will help me over the weekends, which is usually my worse time.
    Sunday, Jan 1: 207.8 starting weight
    Feb 12: 205.6 -- not the best week.
    Feb 19: 204.0 ... just keep going back and forth weightwise! Need to focus more on what I eat.
    A little about me:
    My name is Joan, I will be 72 years old this summer. I am very tall, 5'11", and hope to lose 25-30 pounds. I have 2 grown children, have been married to my husband for 46 years; love to garden, love to walk and exercise, and love to sew.
    Weight Goals:
    SW, Jan 1st, 2023: 207.8
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 180 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 170-175 - reach this by October
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 202 --- actual weight was 202.4, so not too far off.
    March: 198
    April: 194 (Hubby and my 46 wedding anniversary)
    May: 190
    June: 186
    July: 182 (my birthday)
    August: 178
    Sept: 174
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Monday Feb 20
    Log all food - 👿
    Drink 1.5L of water - 👿
    Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Tuesday Feb 21
    Log all food
    Drink 1.5L of water
    Gratitude Journal
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Sorry y’all. Didn’t mean to over share. I just needed a save place to vent my fears. We are keeping this pretty private.

That's exactly what this is. I'm super sorry to hear about your daughter; I can only imagine how difficult that is. You will be in our hearts. Feel free to post as much or as little detail as is helpful for you. You can always send me a message. <3
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. THINK PINK. SEND email follow-up for superintendent. Check on coverage requirements.
    2. Online facilitation - JFT. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Review games book. Reply to emails. Grade online assignments. CALL THE LIBRARY.
    3. Pit Crew - Outside?
    4. Planning - MEETING. Also coverage. Revise Feb/Mar plans. Reading (Bigger Picture). Update Goodreads! Call to set up testing for ADHD. NEED TO WORK ON SCRIPTS! ChatGPT update; Source v Search Engine; Taxes scripts. Finish sub plans!!! Send email to remind about tutoring. Get boxes and take to car?
    5. English class - DGP / NRI / SW8 / Review rhetoric / Act 4, Scene 1 / Survey w make-up plans. (Weekly SWE = CLOSER)
    6. Tutoring. Lifting?
    7. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: 2 podcasts. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA & tweetchats on anon. Park walk? Sun RC; podcast?? When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 204.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Mar 23 4p. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. So, things have escalated with my online stalker. I'm super glad that I have this as a place to be pseudonymous, where she can't find me. We've sent one cease-and-desist and another is being drafted.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Tuesday 21st

3 proper meals yes
    Fruit and veg better 2/3 meals
    Only one small snack 2, well you've got to taste your baking, haven't you?
    Food shop yes, good choices, not bringing the snacks into the house
    Housework and batch cooking day yes, busy afternoon
    Decide - tree no, but leaning towards removing

JFT Wednesday 22nd

3 proper meals
    Fruit and veg
    Only one small snack
    Walk dog

Late posting today, it's already mid afternoon. Seems I'm spending about 2 hours every day dealing with council issues right now.

• more_freggies76
    JFT for 2/22/2023 (today)✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/19). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    12) Up to 1.5 to 2 oz of gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/20)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    Now in shared file:

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 2/21 T
    1) PT exercises :p really s/b doing more than 1x per week, need to make the time
    2) Move hourly / 7,500+ steps :p 7.5K 13 floors 13/14
    3) Leftovers for supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water :neutral: ok for PT day, net cals -323, sodium -834, fiber & calcium ok, carbs excellent, protein low-ish, 88 oz. water
    4) Wash dishes / organize papers in home office ~ a little, but mostly worked on printer w/ hubby / digital declutter / clear papers downstairs / vote in primary election on way to choir ~ no line by time I got there / 7:30 choir rehearsal / another ta-da? TA-DA! :smiley:
    5) Floss / retainers / pray :) 2x

JFT 2/22 Ash Wednesday
    1) Planned rest day, but maybe PT exercises? Maybe shovel snow when round 2 arrives?
    2) Move hourly / 7,500+ steps
    3) Soup supper at church, if not canceled / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    4) 1:00 meeting w/ financial advisor / clear some papers downstairs / 6:00 soup supper / 6:30 choir run-thru / 7:00 Ash Wed. service / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

Last night got 3" powdery snow, which is blowing around in 20mph winds. Hubby is out shoveling now, said he didn't mind. Expecting another bout of snow starting mid-afternoon into tomorrow. Unfortunately, the heavy kind, and up to 12" possible. Our financial advisor's office (an hour+ drive from us) already called & changed our meeting to phone instead of in person. Schools in their city are closed today. Between here & there, highways are either snow covered or slippery stretches, according to the state's traffic / road conditions website. Now I'm waiting to learn if church will be canceled tonight.

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11]

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack!
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday)
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil)
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days
    February 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 1x4 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 45.21 miles so far (2/21)
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps :smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my spinach & broccoli, I won't eat again until after 5pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    So yesterday went well. Met my goals on everything but the water intake. should have but didn’t write goals today but they were in my head. Unfortunately I went over my caloric limit today even when adding in exercise so that’s a bummer. I did get a good morning training session in (today tomorrow and Friday off as working the weekend). And then rode on the trails with my friend. Was really trying to ensure I got the protein I needed but went overboard with dinner. Lobster ravioli …
    On a good note net caloric intake still at deficit so glad for that.
    I’m rambling now because it’s the witching hour for me… Sara And Teigan just had brownies. There is ice cream in the fridge. I’m not hungry but it would be tasty. I know once I start it’ll be game on so just using you guys to help me ride out the craving.
    Hope y’all did better than I did today
    I’ll be sure to check in tomorrow
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.