JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,505 Member
    JFT for 2/25/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the nuts and stuff he has on counter. And none of his pepitas.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/24)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 2/27
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/23). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/14)
    11) No tamales today (last 2/9)
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my cocoa, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the nuts and stuff he has on counter. And none of his pepitas.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/24)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 2/27✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/23). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/14)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) No tamales today (last 2/9)✔️
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today.
    2) Can have a little of DH's stash today for desserts. But none of his pepitas.
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/25). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    12) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)
    13) Can eat dinner early with FIL

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    orced rest day… no trainer or tread mill✅
    Keep net negative caloric balance(would say 2k but have to make a appearance at friends 50th after work)💩
    No beer✅
    No more than 10 minutes on social media (would say zero but my nephew has state wrestling tournament today and my brother always posts great pictures)✅
    8 glasses of water💩

Yesterday went good till it didn’t.
    Felt good… ate smart… then went to my friend’s 50th. Didn’t drink. But did mindlessly eat. Then snacked a little more when I got home. Thinking about the situation was kinda impossible not to eat extra when as I walked in I was handed cake. If any of you have a trick you use when you know your losing control and need to get the wheels back on the road I’ll gladly try it.
    Ok well yesterday’s done and can’t fix it but I can learn and do better

Todays goals
    Log all food
    Less than 2k intake
    9 glasses of water (I wonder if this is playing a roll in my eating —>maybe I’m actually thirsty??)
    Limit 2’diet cokes
    20 minutes social media
    30 minute treadmill after work
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 2/26/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today.
    2) Can have a little of DH's stash today for desserts. But none of his pepitas.
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/25). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    12) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)
    13) Can eat dinner early with FIL
    Now in shared file:

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my cocoa and dose of metamusal, I won't eat again until early dinner with FIL. No more desserts today.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Today went well. It was a beautiful day, so I went for a 4 mile walk, then lifted weights at home. Hubby bought a Home gym since the gym he likes will be closing. I still love to go to the gym, but the days I walk instead .. this is nice. I have the exercise part down pat .. now I need to work better at my eating.
    SO today while I walked I listened to 2 podcasts.. about nitetime eating and snacking. What she said made sense .. eat enough during the day so you don't give into snacking.So this is what I will concentrate on this week.
    Today is almost over, but will post goals for tomorrow. We also go see my hubbys doctor. His PSA numbers are coming up again, which is bad news; meaning the cancer is back. We don't know if the doctor will jsut wait somemore to see what the next blood tests show, or will start treatment again. Not the best news .. but.. it is treatable, so we are thinking positive.
    JFT, Mon
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+
    3. eat more during the day so not starving or hungry in the evenings. No snacking after 7
    4. go to gym
    Weigh-ins
    SW: Jan 1st 207.6
    SW: Feb 1: 202.4 (Down 5.2#)
    Weekly weigh-in... I will weigh myself every Sunday. I choose that day because it will help me over the weekends, which is usually my worse time.
    Sunday, Jan 1: 207.8 starting weight
    Feb 12: 205.6 -- not the best week.
    Feb 19: 204.0 ... just keep going back and forth weightwise! Need to focus more on what I eat.
    feb 26: 205. Boy .. I'm just back and forth.. not really progressing. But, whos fault is that! Time to get serious. Summer will be here soon.. I want to fit into my shorts
    A little about me:
    My name is Joan, I will be 72 years old this summer. I am very tall, 5'11", and hope to lose 25-30 pounds. I have 2 grown children, have been married to my husband for 46 years; love to garden, love to walk and exercise, and love to sew.
    Weight Goals:
    SW, Jan 1st, 2023: 207.8
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 180 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 170-175 - reach this by October
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 202 --- actual weight was 202.4, so not too far off.
    March: 198
    April: 194 (Hubby and my 46 wedding anniversary)
    May: 190
    June: 186
    July: 182 (my birthday)
    August: 178
    Sept: 174
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170

[/quote]
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Had more bad days than good over the past week, at least when it comes to healthy eating choices. My only goal is to make this week better than the last.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Monday Feb 27
    Log all Food
    Drink 1.5L water
    Gratitude Journal

Thinking of you all. Have read but no time for notes tonight.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Friday 24th

3 proper meals yes
    Fruit and veg some
    Only one small snack 2
    Get house tidied and sorted before weekend yes

I didn't manage to post at the weekend as I was away from home. I snacked more than I should, but the good thing was I had 2 opportunities to have takeaway and I didn't. I had to go into the office after work and I caught sight of myself reflected in a shop window. I don't want to be that person, can't help growing older but don't need to be heavier. Funny how an unexpected glimpse in a window looks so much worse than straight on in a mirror at home!

I'm doing child care the next 2 days so will be eating with him. My back is pretty sore right now but will try and get out, walking at his pace makes it worse.

JFT Monday 27th Feb

3 proper meals
    Fruit and veg
    Only one small snack
    Play!
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    Log all food
    Less than 2k intake✅
    9 glasses of water (I wonder if this is playing a roll in my eating —>maybe I’m actually thirsty??)✅
    Limit 2’diet cokes✅
    20 minutes social media💩
    30 minute treadmill after work💩
    I would say yesterday overall was a good day… work was crazy busy
    Didn’t get to eat lunch till late…
    Managed to get all my water in. While driving home I was thinking to myself about food. I get anxiety about it because I don’t want to eat but sometimes the snack monster is just too strong. Well I was driving and taking note of how I felt. I was NOT hungry but my mouth was dry and I was absolutely thirsty. Sara wanted me to stop at Store and get her coffee for the morning so I also got a bottle of water and chugged it on way home. Had another while I had family time and was able to hold off snackzilla from taking over. Only issue was I bet I had to pee about 4 times between 10 and 1 so I guess the water on one hand helped but gotta get timing better.
    I’m absolutely a boredom and stress eater.
    Well enough of that

Today’s goals
    Under 2k
    Trainer ride
    Weights
    Pay car insurance
    Garbage
    Cat boxes
    8 glasses of water
    No food after 8
    Log calories

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. Print calendars.
    2. Online facilitation - JFT. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Look through. Reply to emails. Grade online assignments. Reply to superintendent email. Check with Gwen/Kim about dates and how to check progress. Check with Chris about how long it will take to clear out rosters and what access is needed. Check with Mark about tutoring for L. Input DGP3 grades.
    3. Pit Crew - Outside?
    4. Planning - Check on progress for online students; MAKE CALLS. Can I remove students? Revise Feb/Mar plans. Sketch out summer activities. Reading (Netgalley). Update Goodreads! Call to set up testing for ADHD. ChatGPT update; Source v Search Engine; Taxes scripts. Send email to remind about tutoring MONDAY. Get boxes and take to car? Write emails and cards as reminders about last Thursday.
    5. English class - DGP 4 Monday / Headbandz to review JC events / ROL 5.3 / Lesson: Making inferences; creating inferences / Finish Hero POV *then* do Villain Justification / HW Refl due Wed / Closer = NRI 2.3 to 25%; test Friday. Return DGP 1-2; DGP 3 must be turned in by Wed.
    6. Tutoring. Lifting.
    7. LAUNDRY. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA & tweetchats on anon. Park walk? Sun RC. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 203.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Mar 23 4p. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. So, still tired. And another full day today. At least I haven't been assigned to cover classes ... yet.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    Tim is coming home tomorrow and we need to get our lives back in order. The last two weeks have been off the charts stressful and filled with excessive food and drinking. Nothing good about that combination. We've done all we can to set Sierra up for success going forward, but the fact of the matter is that it is up to her. I know she is an adult, but I have asked her to check in with me at least once a day. I have never made the kids do that, but my anxiety requires it right now. Especially now that she is living alone. Tim said she rolled her eyes, but said she would. I'll take it.

Goals for today...
    - No alcohol
    - Shower
    - Grocery
    - Cook Dinner
    - Laundry - delicates still need done.

That's all for now. Maybe tomorrow I'll count calories...
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 2/26/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today.✔️
    2) Can have a little of DH's stash today for desserts. But none of his pepitas.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/24)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 2/27✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/25). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/14)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) No tamales today (last 2/9)✔️
    12) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)✔️
    13) Can eat dinner early with FIL✔️
    JFT for 2/27/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 3/2
    5) Up to 1.5-2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/25). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)

Now in shared file:

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    teigansdad wrote: »
    Log all food
    Less than 2k intake✅
    9 glasses of water (I wonder if this is playing a roll in my eating —>maybe I’m actually thirsty??)✅
    Limit 2’diet cokes✅
    20 minutes social media💩
    30 minute treadmill after work💩
    I would say yesterday overall was a good day… work was crazy busy
    Didn’t get to eat lunch till late…
    Managed to get all my water in. While driving home I was thinking to myself about food. I get anxiety about it because I don’t want to eat but sometimes the snack monster is just too strong. Well I was driving and taking note of how I felt. I was NOT hungry but my mouth was dry and I was absolutely thirsty. Sara wanted me to stop at Store and get her coffee for the morning so I also got a bottle of water and chugged it on way home. Had another while I had family time and was able to hold off snackzilla from taking over. Only issue was I bet I had to pee about 4 times between 10 and 1 so I guess the water on one hand helped but gotta get timing better.
    I’m absolutely a boredom and stress eater.
    Well enough of that

Today’s goals
    Under 2k
    Trainer ride
    Weights
    Pay car insurance
    Garbage
    Cat boxes
    8 glasses of water
    No food after 8
    Log calories

I had a trick a few years ago which is basically what you've done. When I felt hungry or "snacky" I would have a cup of water, if I was still hungry after that I'd have another water. And if I was still hungry after two then I knew I was genuinely hungry.
    It helped alot at keeping the snack monster at bay when I was mindfully doing it!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Well I just can't get.my head in the game
    It's like I've lost the ability to be mindful 😂 or atleast I can't make this enough of a priority for me. I'm constantly on and off, on and off. I've always got so many other things to do. I could easily fit this in but the rest of responsibilities takes up too much 'brain space'

So I need to find a way to stick at this. But I'm not sure how yet.
    Although for my birthday I have asked for a weight set so I can do SOMETHING at home. Ash wanted some too so I said get them me for my birthday then it doesn't come out of our money as an extra cost.
    I dont mind because I DO want them and it's also mother's day in March so I can get some new earrings then 😂

I've actually done quite well today though.
    I reckon I could actually log my food for the day and maybe be under?

But one good day doesn't change much if we're realisitc. That's why I need to stick at it.
    The only disheartening thing is I'm.pretty sure my.kitchen scales have packed in now so it's gonna be alot of guesswork for a while!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    So, I got a bit off track. I came down with a stomach bug, then snowmageddon hit the Pacific Northwest. I couldn't get to my mailbox much less the grocery store or the gym. I had around 5" or snow, but downtown Portland had 10 inches. This is not a place where we know what to do with that much snow or with weather in the teens. Anyhow, back on it today!

Day 29: February 27th; JFT I will:
    1. Track all food
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 8 C liquid
    4. 5 freggies
    5. Swim a mile
    6. Pack clothes and prep gym bag for Tuesday dance class in Portland
    7. 7 hours sleep
  • more_freggies76
    edited February 2023
    Hour commitment - light lunch, but salty. Did lots of errands. I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have hot cocia and metamusal when I get home.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited February 2023
    @teigansdad I try to drink at least 9-12 glasses of water each day. I have 16 oz. with each meal, and drink the rest from my water bottle that I have around me throughout the day. Preferably not after supper, so I don't have to pee during night as much. Regarding my trick with food at events, when offered, I would always say "thank you," then "I'll have some in a while" and just never go there. I've never had anyone place food directly into my hand. I think if that happened, first of all, I would be very annoyed, then I would carry the plate around until I could safely deposit it somewhere, unobtrusively. Maybe my social skills aren't what they should be. :p

JFT 2/27 M
    1) PT exercises
    2) Move hourly / 7,500+ steps
    3) Net calories zero / 72+ oz. water / keep snacks under control
    4) Ta-da's: wash bedding & laundry (done) / make apple cake (new recipe) / clear some papers / digital declutter / meal plan & grocery list / wash dishes / anything else?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

Hubby and I tried and tried, but old inkjet printer just won't print anymore. Annoying that expensive ink cartridges dry up like that. And I no longer have the option to print at my job LOL. After exhausting our trouble-shooting options this morning, we shopped online for a new eco-tank printer, to be delivered by Thursday. Good thing, because I need to print docs for our tax preparer, plus our vehicle insurance cards.

Today we have another winter weather advisory until midnight. This morning we started with snow, now have snow/rain mix. And gusty wind. Glad we have nowhere to be and can stay home, but no dog walk. Sad dog & sad me. I was able to walk her yesterday, when temps in upper 20s, sunny and calm. Went nearly 4 miles, and reached over 50 miles to date in Feb. Exceeded my MapMyWalk Challenges. Woohoo!

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11]

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack!
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday)
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker)
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days
    February 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 1x4 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 45.21 miles so far (2/21)
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps :smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship