Fantastically Fit February

124»

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,261 Member
    @SherryRueter Sending you huge e-hugs. Hoping you have someone with you for support.

@HoneyBadger302 thanks for the squid education! Your photos are great! Could be used for an ad!

@Antiopelle - a .4 loss is great! Especially when not much to lose!

I’m not very religious but in the spirit of Lent will not eat animal flesh, processed sweets, stop procrastinating, be more grateful and get my 10k steps in and water daily. Nothing I can’t do - never tried not eating meat before. 🤞
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,782 Member
    At least without being able to weigh myself, I am able to solely focus on "am I hungry"
    and
    while most of my days are split into only 3 meals, I am able to remove extra snacking.
    This makes me more willing to eat at meal time and get in my water inbetween.

Working out each morning has been nice. Today I did a total body - body weight and some interval cardio. SO nice. Today is a blizzard here - so I will relax and simply work all day. NOt sure what my mom is going to do .... her day will be simply boring I feel but...? can't do anything about that.

Thank you for the e-hugs. Dad is getting a little better. Yesterday was a huge step forward as he can talk (just is very weak and labored). he is very aware and in the right mind.

Yes, I am here with my hubby and my mom. My brothers were here yesterday, they cannot come again until friday or saturday. Sounds like my dad will be in ICU around 4 -6 weeks.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    edited February 2023
    44, F, 5' 7"
    GW: 128-135(ish - TBD)
    SW 01-2023: 157.6

2/1/23: 153.4
    2/8/23: 152.8
    2/15/23: 153.2
    2/22/23: 152.2
    Pretty much on track for what I would be expecting. Body seems to have finally reached an equilibrium with the food and workouts so there has been less of the severe swings.
    Turning into more of a "recomposition" than actual weight loss, but I'm okay with that as I feel like restricting calories more would have a detrimental effect to my workouts.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 647 Member
    Sherry, so sorry to hear you're going through this, hugs and best wishes being sent your way.
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Height: 5'8"
    SW: 160
    End of month GW: 156

2/2: 159.4
    2/9: 157.9
    2/16: 156.6
    2/23: 156.8

Didn't quite make it, but still made great progress this month. See ya in March!
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Height: 5'8"
    SW: 160
    End of month GW: 156

2/2: 159.4
    2/9: 157.9
    2/16: 156.6
    2/23: 156.8
    2/24: 155.3

Reporting back on my most recent fluctuation since it's in my favor :)
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Great @RobinAlex666 !
    Sending you some extra ehugs @SherryRueter :kissing_heart:

And it is Monday, which means stat time:

* 122.000 steps. We have spent the weekend in a cabin in the Ardennes and we made some spectacular walks. I've finally closed the gap towards my stepping goal, and then some.
    * continue to read Becks daily and do the exercises : I've finished the book, but I still read the flashcards every day
    * 2 fitness sessions and 1 PT: check!
    * Lost 0.3 kg: which is still a loss !
    * One dive on Thursday with a friend: check.
    * no biking, as the temps are back to freezing and I had to pack for the weekend. The amount of steps made up for it :smile:

You all have a fab working week ladies !!
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    59 yo, 5'7"
    SW: 160 (12/2022)

1/30 153.4
    2/6 154.6
    2/13 152.6
    2/20 151.6
    2/27 151.6

I was hoping to get to 150 by the end of February, but didn't happen. Still, I'm moving in the right direction and feeling pretty good. Energy is up. Running is getting easier. Looking forward to starting the pilates mat class this month.
  • Antiopelle
    spl8 wrote: »
    SW: 160 (12/2022)
    2/27 151.6

Almost 9 pounds down!! Great work !
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Friends, I'm back! (This egotistically assumes you noticed my absence)

My father's funeral went super well with a huge turnout and all my planning paid off. It was amazing reconnecting and celebrating his life. And almost no family drama (just one annoying aunt 😆) for which I am grateful. My brother, sister and I were able to agree on dividing his valuable items etc - I'm so lucky having reasonable siblings!

We rented a huge fancy house (well, Dad paid) and it was a massive family sleepover/ reunion. It was so fun, even my teens had a blast. Dad would have been so pleased knowing we were all together. But every night we had big meals with wine, dessert etc. I mostly behaved myself eating lots of salad and steak. Held it to a couple glasses of wine all week and occasional ice cream. We went for a few walks but I didn't lift a weight all week or go for a run. It was just too busy.

But now I'm back home and eager to get back to my routine. I am catching up on all the messages and see that many of you are doing super well!
    @HoneyBadger302 that's a hot shot! @CeeBeeSlim and others - want to go on the drops!

@SherryRueter I am sorry, it is so so hard. If he can give his consent, and has the mental capacity, the doctors should record his wishes for palliative care. We were grateful we got clear direction from my dad when he was mostly aware of what was going on. My father also just wanted to go home and we were happy to be able to give him that for a few weeks before he passed. Hugs!!!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    @k8richly Welcome home! So good to hear things went smoothly for you and your family, and that you were all able to get together to celebrate your father's life.
    It's great to see so many working their plans and programs and having such success. I've been a bit lazy about exercising, and actually about posting as well, but that stops today. Had a one-hour yoga class this morning and followed that up with some ST on the machines. Tomorrow is treadmill and more ST.
    First day of the month coming up, let's all make March monumental!!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    tl;dr: AJ is scared of dentists but finally put on her big girl panties lol

Well, I finally drug my reluctant butt to the dentist. Mind you, every dentist visit other than one for workman's comp, in my entire adult life, has been pure torture, and even a basic cleaning would leave me with a beat up mouth, torn in multiple places lips, and sore for days - all because I have a tiny mouth, and it's hard to see and get in there, and every dentist has been awful, literally ripping at my mouth like it was my fault it is tiny (not kidding, it's child's size - my entire head is very small, I wear the smallest motorcycle helmets they make and there are only a few brands that make them small enough).
    Because of this, it has literally been almost 10 years since I've been in a dentist's office.
    Did a lot of research, read a ton of reviews, and decided to give this one a try. They are also an implant center, so I figured they might be a step up to begin with...and would have the tools for any potential treatments - with my genetic receding gums, I knew there was potential for some very, VERY, expensive treatment "options" that many are prone to suggesting - since these guys specialize in advanced procedures, figured at least it would be in house if things were to that point.
    Despite the recession of my gums, they are "very" healthy and very clean, and there was some cleaning to do but mostly stains, and only a little buildup in a few specific spots. The chairs they had there were very adjustable - could go full flat (actually a decline), down almost to the floor, so they could totally position you where they could see what they needed to.
    This was literally the first cleaning in my adult life where my lips and mouth aren't torn to hell and feel fine today (gums were a little tender last night, but nothing crazy and not bleeding like every other cleaning in my past, and they are fine today). Scheduled the routine cleaning again this summer.
    Have one filling needed on a chipped tooth ASAP, and two that will eventually need crowns (chip and cracks), but no rush on those, only when they start to get sensitive. Until then, no need to rush.
    I think they had better imagining equipment as well than most normal dentists I've been too.
    Pleasantly surprised, apparently what I've been doing is working fairly well though, so definitely going to keep that up...
    ~~~
    In normal news, nothing too special to share - weekend went well but too quickly, just chipping away at things around here. Need to tackle the pile of dishes I've been putting off in hopes of the dishwasher parts showing up (they have yet to show up)...workouts going well, slow but predictable scale movements.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    @HoneyBadger302 so happy for you that you found a new dentist. I have to find one here for both of us (we moved last year) and I'm always afraid of the first time. My DH needs to be put under to get even a cleaning, so I have to find a sedation dentist for him. Not looking forward to this :s but your positive experience is making me brave, thanks :)
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,261 Member
    Ended the month pretty happy. Down 2.6 pounds. So 4 more pounds to go for next major milestone and see how I feel/look. Exhausted and stress with the eldercare recently but it is what it is. Happy at least the weather is great. For me that’s warm weather - high 70s/low 80’s.

Frustrated - seconds away from throwing away everything with erythritol in it! And to think I thought I was making healthy decisions. By now, you’ve all read of the study?

I also have to find a new dentist. Been putting it off but will look for one once I’m back home in a few weeks. We all need the lazy days @SparkSpringtime69.

@k8richly Welcome back! Great to hear that there was no family drama except for an aunt! Sounds like you have a great family all around - you dad must have been so proud.
  • Antiopelle
    @HoneyBadger302; I'm glad you found a good dentist. A friend of mine has the same issue and she goes to a children's dentist.
    @k8richly: I'm glad you are back and that everything went fine for the funeral. Such a relief and a good way to close off a chapter.
    @CeeBeeSlim: don't get spooked about erythritol - this thread explains it better than I can: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10885293/erythritol-may-cause-serious-issues

On a final February note: I've lost around 1 kg (2 pounds) this month. Not a lot, but a loss anyway so I'm glad. Let's get a move on and start with March! :smile: