Let me know you a little better

Replies

• Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,010 Member
    I have very little in common with those i associate with now.....i have nothing in common with those I associated with in my past. And i dont think this is a bad thing
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    This will probably sound petty but for me, after almost 40yrs I found it very empowering.
    My ex husband raised his voice and started talking to me in way I didn’t like. (Phone call)
    I raised my voice and shut him down instantly. 😡🤐
    I’m pretty sure he was considering the different outcomes if he just continued and realized I now have the upper hand in our relationship and I will not take his B.S.

When we were married, we’d have butted heads and fought.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    My best friend is a guy I barely knew in high school, while all my old high school buddies have been left in my past, haven't contacted any of them in 20+ years.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,010 Member
    I have 2 dishwashers in my kitchen. I thought when i built the kitchen it may be cool and convenient.....but it has been totally unnecessary and kind of foolish thing to do. But, should i ever see myself having large social gatherings ill be ready for lots of dirty dishes. ......
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 592 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    I have 2 dishwashers in my kitchen. I thought when i built the kitchen it may be cool and convenient.....but it has been totally unnecessary and kind of foolish thing to do. But, should i ever see myself having large social gatherings ill be ready for lots of dirty dishes. ......

I am envious you have two! Thanksgiving and Christmas meal making inevitably make more than one dishwasher full of dishes! I hate doing them by hand anymore.
  • honey_honey_12
    If I was married and my husband had a MFP account with a bunch of ladies as friends and they all flirted back and forth, he would need to rethink how much he wanted to be married to me.
    If I’m not enough then we shouldn’t be married.

If I was married, I would not visit the community forums or flirt with the handsome men on the sight.

I don’t mean to sound like I have a stick up my *kitten* but that’s the way I feel.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »

This is great.. especially when we have the big mfp get together at your place 😃
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited March 2023
    If I was married and my husband had a MFP account with a bunch of ladies as friends and they all flirted back and forth, he would need to rethink how much he wanted to be married to me.

If I was married, I would not visit the community forums or flirt with the handsome men on the sight.

I don’t mean to sound like I have a stick up my *kitten* but that’s the way I feel.
    Would it be hard for you to give up the interaction? I feel like it might be difficult for some people.

eta: it’s me. I’m some people
  • TwitchyMagee
    I’m so old I learned to type on a manual typewriter and I learned double entry bookkeeping by hand in a workbook
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I’m so old I learned to type on a manual typewriter and I learned double entry bookkeeping by hand in a workbook

Selectrics rocked my world in high school :)
  • honey_honey_12

Would it be hard for you to give up the interaction? I feel like it might be difficult for some people.

You mean if I remarried?
    Yes, it would be hard to quit.
    Since the ex and I separated 11yrs ago, MFP has been my social life.
    I would feel compelled to quit though.

• honey_honey_12
    No way on god’s green earth i would remarry.
    😖
  • TwitchyMagee

You mean if I remarried?
    Yes, it would be hard to quit.
    Since the ex and I separated 11yrs ago, MFP has been my social life.
    I would feel compelled to quit though.

No way on god’s green earth i would remarry.

😖
    Thank you for the complete answer and the hilarious follow up 😂

• TwitchyMagee
    glassyo wrote: »

Selectrics rocked my world in high school :)

I still double space after a period.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Sometimes I do self sabotaging things when other people piss me off. I’m only recently becoming consciously aware of this so hopefully it will be less of a problem in the future
  • honey_honey_12
    nossmf wrote: »
    My family has been in the military every generation since at least the Civil War (we think earlier than that), and my son is now in Army basic training to keep the tradition alive.

This is amazing! 🥰
    Thank you to your family of brave, patriotic soldiers!
  • honey_honey_12

I still have ours. 😊
    (I noticed there is no typewriter emoji 😂)