JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Day 32: March 2; JFT I will:
    1. Track all food :(
    2. 10,000 steps :(
    3. 8 C liquid :)
    4. 5 freggies :)
    5. Do grocery shopping during lunch break :)
    6. Tidy house :smiley:
    7. Swim a mile :(
    Day 33: March 3; JFT I will:
    1. 8 C liquid
    2. 5 freggies
    3. Help paralyzed friend with moving project prep
    4. Sleep in tomorrow!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,504 Member
    JFT for 3/3/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/24)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 3/6✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/14)✔️
    11) Tamales ok today (last 2/9)✔️
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)✔️
    13) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.✔️
    JFT for 3/4/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/24)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 3/6
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/3)
    11) No tamales today (last 3/3)
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)
    13) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.
    14) Can eat what I want if I go to club meeting at restaurant.
    15) Can eat dinner early with FIL and eat what I want

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Friday is almost over .. totally blew it last nite. I seem to do really good for 2-3 days, then just cave.
    But, tomorrow will be a new day. ha.. how many times have I said that. I truly do not know why I can't seem to get going this time. Hubby tells me I look nice.. that I don't need to lose weight. I work out all the time, so I am very strong. But, I know I would feel so much better if I could get these 20 pounds off at least. But I get frustrated that I give it so easily to things like ice cream.
    Daughter is getting cookies delivered every 3 months from our son for xmas.. and she leaves them out here. And we are getting 6 months work of popcorn from our son... good popcorn, like chocolate dipped, trutles, etc. SO ha.. no wonder I am struggling.
    Today I did thorough house cleaning and laundry. Went to the gym this morning to give myself that needed energy. Tomorrow hubby is having a customer over from out of town. I thought it would just be the guy, but his wife is also coming over. They will be here from noon to 3. I am not anti-social, but truthfully, I was looking forward to an afternoon myself. I really getted stressed entertaining someone I do not know.. and worry about the house being clean, etc. Our house is usually clean.. we just have a lot of clutter.
    but... its all finished, and looks good, so hopefully tomorrow will be fun and she will be a nice friendly person
    So goals tomorrow simple

1. stick to meals
    2. no snacking
    3. concentrate on water
    Weekly weigh-in... I will weigh myself every Sunday. I choose that day because it will help me over the weekends, which is usually my worse time.
    Sunday, Jan 1: 207.8 starting weight
    Feb 12: 205.6 -- not the best week.
    Feb 19: 204.0 ... just keep going back and forth weightwise! Need to focus more on what I eat.
    feb 26:
    212. Boy .. I'm just back and forth.. not really progressing. But, whos fault is that! Time to get serious. Summer will be here soon.. I want to fit into my shorts
    A little about me:
    My name is Joan, I will be 72 years old this summer. I am very tall, 5'11", and hope to lose 25-30 pounds. I have 2 grown children, have been married to my husband for 46 years; love to garden, love to walk and exercise, and love to sew.
    Weight Goals:
    SW, Jan 1st, 2023: 207.8
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 180 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 170-175 - reach this by October
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 202 --- actual weight was 202.4, so not too far off.
    March: 198
    April: 194 (Hubby and my 46 wedding anniversary)
    May: 190
    June: 186
    July: 182 (my birthday)
    August: 178
    Sept: 174
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170

[/quote]

[/quote]
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    I've been trying to get back to healthier habits, but food choices really challenged me today. My morning errands started with a stop at the new French-inspired bakery where I discovered that a strawberry mochi donut is the same number of calories as a bowl of oatmeal. Then my husband wanted lunch from the burrito place. I settled for half a chicken fajita bowl with brown rice - not too bad, but not what I'd planned. Dinner was a small plate of assorted appetizers and an alcohol-free G&T. Finished the day with half a brownie and a cup of tea. Not the day I'd intended, but I logged everything and somehow didn't exceed my calorie limit. So I guess that's half a win.

Recap Friday, 3/3
    Log - :)
    Make healthier food choices - No
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No
    AM errands - :)
    2 chores - :)

JFT Saturday, 3/4
    Log
    Make healthier food choices
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    Finish painting BR
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    @PackerFanInGB thanks for the welcome back, I'm glad you're posting. You will be ready for a rest by the time the children's parents get home!

I'm another one whose food didn't go as intended yesterday. My son got called back out to work so I had to feed my grandson...so instead of a plate of veggies I had fish fingers chips and beans! My own fault I know, but anything for easy cooking. At least I didn't go over calories.

JFT Friday 3rd March

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    3 proper meals, plan evening meal early no, crackers for lunch
    Back exercises I'm soooo bad at doing these, need to get a grip!
    Sort out baby clothes/toys to give away yes, all loaded in the car
    Walk yes, very pleasant but cold. My back coped okay

Meeting a friend today and we'll go for a walk, first one for me this week!

JFT Saturday 4th March

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    3 proper meals, plan
    Back exercises
    A bit of gardening/weeding

Family have already gone a walk without me, as I got up late. I never get up late, so they weren't expecting it!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    I've caught up reading posts to Feb 22nd, so not totally caught up. I need to post goals now though or I'll end up putting it off another day, which never seems to come!

I just have a few things I really want to reply to quick though.

@pridesabtch I'm only caught up to Feb 22nd, but I want you to know I'm praying for you and your beautiful family. I have no words and cannot imagine what you're feeling. *HUGS*

@teigansdad and @littleblackskirt Welcome back! I was really surprised to log in and see you both posting again...especially because I specifically was just thinking about the two of you specifically when I was catching up on the thread about a few weeks ago. Then today, *BAM*, i log on and start catching up and there you were! Glad you are both doing well. @teigansdad - I go MIA a lot lately since I retired and don't log onto my laptop like I used to every morning, but I agree, it's like coming back to family. It makes it especially great when people come back who've been gone a bit. :smile:

@azulvioleta40 Congratulations on buying your home and all the other good news you had to share a while back when you got back on here after your trip to France. I can tell you seem happy and I'm very happy for you!

Just for Friday
    • Make my 24H plan and assess.
    • 64 oz water before 7 pm
    • Meal plan for the week
    • Pack my go-bag for this week
    • Balance checkbook
    • Dust and clean floors

My son and DIL are leaving on a much-needed and much-deserved vacation at 6:15 a.m. tomorrow morning so I will be babysitting the grandkids until March 12. It's going to be a huge challenge for me, since the last time I took care of 3 kids for 8 days they were my own kids and I was 40 years younger! I'm exhausted just thinking about it, honestly. But I'm going to just go with the flow and enjoy this time with them to the best of my ability. :heart:

I'll comment more another day, but really wanted to welcome back @teigansdad and @littleblackskirt and to let @pridesabtch know I'm thinking of her.

How old are your grandkids? Xx
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    Under 2k calories✅
    8-10 glasses of water💩
    No beer✅
    Log all food✅
    No food after 8
    Remember to ask myself who do I want to be in control each time I find myself reaching for unscheduled snacks✅

Dang if that control question didn’t help me…

I really do believe there are two of me… not saying at multiple personality level but you get my drift… the guy I like to be: confident, feels good, I get to a point where I feel like my mind is driving my body. At one point couple years ago when I was hanging w you guys it was really my best shape ever. I remember riding my bike and thinking dang … felt like my body was a new sports car in regards to its athletic performance… right now it’s more like a minivan… but I can feel kinda a inner hunger starting to creep back in where maybe I get to drive the sports car again…
    The problem is that little guy in the back of my head that just wants to sabotage me… not sure what I’m afraid of… why that even pops up. Once he’s outta the closet though man it’s like a tornado of self destruction until he’s satisfied and the “real me” gets control of their wheel again… of course then comes the guilt.

Last night Sara had me stop at store after work. Needed to pick up laundry detergent… also grabbed low calorie popcorn… was WAY under caloric needs so figured that would do… then when I got home the snack monster came knocking at my door…
    This time I asked each time: am I hungry? If the answer was yes.. I then asked myself really or are you thirsty? Turned out it was. Thirst…
    Also asked out loud to myself who so you want to be in control? Dang it… that worked. No snack
    No guilt … good day

Hoping to do the same today
    Goals
    Under 2k
    Trainer
    Drink 8-10 glasses of water
    Clean house
    Pay bills
    Hang with my girls
    Be present (only use phone for texts, calls, fitness and banking) for rest of the day
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday (haven't done one of these in awhile!)

YMCA / tweetchats
    groceries: C drives & is in charge of cart & list; I pay & provide encouragement
    park walk
    move bookcase?
    laundry
    Christie/SJ videos
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 3/4/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/3)
    14) Can eat what I want if I go to club meeting at restaurant.
    15) Can eat dinner early with FIL and eat what I want.

Hour commitment - I won't have my coffee stuff until 8 am.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Friday
    - Fun with Science show :smiley:
    - Lunch with the gang :smiley:
    - Back to work by noon (ish) :smiley:
    - Work stuff 😀
    - Home by 4:45😀
    - Walmart😀
    - Clean / Do laundry😀
    - No alcohol😞
    - Reasonable dinner😀
    - No late night snacking which is easier if I'm not drinking...😀
    - Bed by 11:00😀

Sierra is coming home for the weekend. I’m so nervous, and I don’t even understand why. I just want her to be happy here.

JFT Saturday
    - clean/laundry
    - Be present with family

That’s it!

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my dose of metamusal, I won't eat again until an early dinner with FIL.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    Hoping to do the same today
    Goals
    Under 2k✅
    Trainer✅
    Drink 8-10 glasses of water✅
    Clean house✅
    Pay bills✅
    Hang with my girls✅
    Be present (only use phone for texts, calls, fitness and banking) for rest of the day💩

Man I gotta do better with this darn phone of mine… if I have it anywhere near me I miss 1/2 the world around me. I know it annoys Sara. Yesterday was good food and control-wise. Really thinking now when the snack monster tries to come forward…it appears as though boredom may also be a trigger for me. I almost broke yesterday but because Sara knows me I held it together.
    She had a box of her favorite chocolates she got from one of her students family. She offered to share… I told her if I do the snack monster will come out and that I would start there but then move onto a couple bowls of trail mix and maybe even raid tne M&Ms … she knew it was true so was supportive.
    Today will be tough… bummed a little because the mountains got a bunch of rain and me and a couple of buddies were gonna go punish each other on a climbing route.. well they got about 1 inch of rain so even though it’s steep there will be parts of the trail w that’ll be straight up peanut butter so we had to cancel… instead two of us are gonna hit the local work out trail for three laps, then meet his wife and do a 4th with her.

That’s all good but the plan is beer and brats after. Keeping in calories might be tough… seems like the beer knows how to break the snack monster out.
    So I guess today will be a real test of inner strength…
    Gonna have to have some real inner discussions to stay on track

Goals today
    Net negative caloric balance (with exercise)
    No more than 2 beers
    Trail ride
    Only use phone to return a text or call during family time
    Track all calories
    8-12 glasses of water
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Didn’t do so well with healthy eating yesterday - woke up with vertigo so felt off-balance and queasy all day. Decided to not beat myself up and just take a rest day. Feeling much better this morning so I think that decision paid off.

Today’s goals
    - clean just one room
    - Clean out refrigerator and take trash out
    - Wash dishes for just 10 minutes
    - focus on getting enough water - 40 oz is the goal
    - Work on writer business
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    Recap Saturday, 3/4
    Log - :) Much easier without takeout today.
    Make healthier food choices - :) Pretty good. Balanced macros but a bit over on sodium.
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - :) More upper arm work rolling paint and a short walk.
    Finish painting BR - :) Walls are done. I've only got the trim left to do.

JFT Sunday, 3/5
    Log
    Make healthier food choices
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    Prep and grading
    Relax
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Sunday

dishes
    RC shift
    groceries: C drives & is in charge of cart & list; D pays & provide encouragement
    park walk
    hang clothes? set up bookcase 1?
    Christie/SJ videos
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Saturday 4th March

Log everything yes, although a little bit of guesswork involved
    Stay in the green yes, not sure if it's accurate though
    3 proper meals, plan 3 meals, not well planned
    Back exercises no
    A bit of gardening/weeding quite a lot

I didn't plan meals yesterday as the whole family decided at the last minute to come for lunch. I didn't have anything suitable for them, so did bacon sandwiches. Then we decided to have pizza in the evening with my son and grandson. It wasn't really a pleasant meal, certainly not the treat it should be, as grandson was playing up and it does spoil things. I don't know what it is with small children...if he is with me on my own he is very well behaved and eats his meals...but if Daddy is with us he can be a little terror. I so hope this is just another phase! I did log what I ate, and it wasn't as bed as I imagined. I always choose the smallest 6 inch pizza so I guess that helps.

I logged breakfast today, but am not going to attempt the rest of the day. I've already made lunch with son and grandson, and didn't weigh anything. This evening I've taken chicken out of the freezer as they were meant to be eating with me, but I think they have changed their minds. I don't mind, it will be more peaceful, but means I'll be eating the same thing for a few days!

It's interesting to read the different reasons why we stumble trying to lose weight. I love the idea of feeling more like a mini van than a sports car! Apart from a bit of comfort snacking, my main issue is definitely the uncertainty of having the family here to eat. They all live very close and we've always been quite last minute about "let's have food at mum's". I never know if I'll be cooking for one, or 3 or 6. So many times, I don't have enough in, or I have too much and need to freeze it, I never manage to food plan properly. I don't really mind though, I like having them, it's lovely having the company.

I did lose weigh very successfully in lockdown in 2020 when nobody was allowed to visit though lol.

• more_freggies76
    JFT for 3/4/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/24)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 3/6✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)✔️
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/3)✔️
    11) No tamales today (last 3/3)✔️
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)✔️
    13) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.✔️
    14) Can eat what I want if I go to club meeting at restaurant.✔️
    15) Can eat dinner early with FIL and eat what I want.✔️

JFT for 3/5/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 3/3)
    14) Can eat what I want at brunch with girlfriends.

Hour commitment - I won't have my coffee stuff until 8 am. After that, going to brunch with girlfriends.
    Now in shared file:

• more_freggies76
    edited March 2023
    Going to make one change - I'm allowed sweets today and I don't have any in the house, so while I prefer to leave my husband's stuff alone, I'm going to make an exception for today. o:)

Update -- I knew he had a chocolate bar in there! Now I won't eat anymore desserts today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. No more desserts today. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Saturday
    - clean/laundry 😀
    - Be present with family😀

That’s it!

Had a good visit, S even went to church with us this morning. It was a good message. Hope she took something away from it. She heading back to school this afternoon, but seemed in better spirits than the last time she was home.

Going back on plan tomorrow!

JFT Sunday
    - shower😀
    - Church 😀
    - Lunch with family 😀
    - Stay off my phone while S is here 😀
    - Laundry
    - Nap
    - Bed by 11:00