JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Hour commitment - After I finish my hot cocoa, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    @Bex953172 The grandkids that I'm staying with are 16yo boy, 14yo girl and 9yo boy. So they are not young children that I have to chase after...but there's a lot of running the teenagers around and getting them all to school and home. All 3 go to different schools. The 14 and 16 year olds both have a job and school activities. The 9 year old is a very busy boy, so I am pretty tired at the end of the day because I'm just not used to it. So far, so good though! My son and DIL sent pics of their view from their balcony on the cruise ship and they are having a wonderful much-deserved break so I'm really happy for them and enjoying my time with the kiddos. :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member

JFT Saturday 4th March

Log everything yes, although a little bit of guesswork involved
    Stay in the green yes, not sure if it's accurate though
    3 proper meals, plan 3 meals, not well planned
    Back exercises no
    A bit of gardening/weeding quite a lot

I didn't plan meals yesterday as the whole family decided at the last minute to come for lunch. I didn't have anything suitable for them, so did bacon sandwiches. Then we decided to have pizza in the evening with my son and grandson. It wasn't really a pleasant meal, certainly not the treat it should be, as grandson was playing up and it does spoil things. I don't know what it is with small children...if he is with me on my own he is very well behaved and eats his meals...but if Daddy is with us he can be a little terror. I so hope this is just another phase! I did log what I ate, and it wasn't as bed as I imagined. I always choose the smallest 6 inch pizza so I guess that helps.

I logged breakfast today, but am not going to attempt the rest of the day. I've already made lunch with son and grandson, and didn't weigh anything. This evening I've taken chicken out of the freezer as they were meant to be eating with me, but I think they have changed their minds. I don't mind, it will be more peaceful, but means I'll be eating the same thing for a few days!

It's interesting to read the different reasons why we stumble trying to lose weight. I love the idea of feeling more like a mini van than a sports car! Apart from a bit of comfort snacking, my main issue is definitely the uncertainty of having the family here to eat. They all live very close and we've always been quite last minute about "let's have food at mum's". I never know if I'll be cooking for one, or 3 or 6. So many times, I don't have enough in, or I have too much and need to freeze it, I never manage to food plan properly. I don't really mind though, I like having them, it's lovely having the company.

I did lose weigh very successfully in lockdown in 2020 when nobody was allowed to visit though lol.

Haha funny you say that because every time the kids has stayed at ash's parents they've been completely well behaved apart from the odd thing.
    But when we stayed over the night too it was a nightmare. It was a bit of a blessing because his parents could finally see what they're like at home!

We've reduced it to just showing off. Daddy's there, they tend to act up around parents more because they feel the safest around them.. they already know our limits 😂
    We had the issue of telling off because do we do it because they're our kids or do his parents do it because it's their house.
    Behaviour between eachother like fighting we sorted and house behaviour they sorted. But in the end they just played us all off eachother. Little turds 😂. Xx
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member

Yep @Bex953172 it can be really hard work looking after kids, I'm glad I'm not the only one! My grandson is an only child, so I don't have fighting to deal with! It doesn't help that I keep looking back to when my kids were small and comparing, I need to stop doing that. No way was I a perfect parent, but I know mine didn't act up like grandson does, they were pretty good on the whole, life was much calmer than it is now.

My friends who are now grandparents say the same thing. We wonder if it is a complicated mix of reasons, like more additives in food and drinks, much more screen time, more broken families...
    As an example, last week we watched Thomas Tank Engine...one episode was a really old dvd, which was quite calm with the trains chuffing along the rails...the new one was loud, bright colours, fast, with trains jumping about. It was the first new one I'd seen and I was gobsmacked. Why do programme makers think this is good for children? Yep, I've turned into an old fogey lol
  • littleblackskirt
    Anywho...back to dieting!

I didn't log on Sunday, they did come for evening meal after all, and grandson was better than Saturday but still not great. At least he ate most of it. I on the other hand, ate too much! The dessert was lovely. Unfortunately there are still left overs, and I was brought up not to waste food...

Today I'm meeting friends for lunch, so will do my best to log but won't be perfect.

JFT Monday 6th March

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Phone garage
    Paperwork/housework

I'm struggling with a cold at the mo (thanks grandson!), can't sleep with it, so feeling tired today. Hope it goes soon!
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Net negative caloric balance (with exercise)✅
    No more than 2 beers✅
    Trail ride✅
    Only use phone to return a text or call during family time💩
    Track all calories✅
    8-12 glasses of water✅

One of these days I’ll get all of my goals but as our division administrator always says let’s not let perfect be the enemy of good (or something like that)… pretty pleased. Had a great ride w my buddy. Legs are really starting to come into form. We had our planned beer and brats after. Stopped at two, had a great time and was still even able to ward off the snack monster. I even made homemade chocolate chip cookies for wife and daughter and resisted 😎. I’d like for today to be a heavy training load day… but also planning on social ride and fire pit after which means beers again tonight. The challenge is fitting everything into today as I have to bring Teigan to morning practice and then also turn around and bring the neighbor kids to school. When it’s my turn foe carpool often I can knock out trainer ride before I bring them and can then do trail ride once home and still have plenty of time to knock out honey-do list. I’m gonna need to be hyper focused to do it today

Plan
    Carpool
    Trainer ride
    Weight train
    3 laps on workout trail
    No more than 2 beers
    500 calorie deficit or more with exercise
    8-12 glasses of water
    Call to make Teigan’s appointment
    Grocery shop
    Make dinner in crockpot
    Log all food
    Laundry
    Limit social media (put my phone away during family time)

• Bex953172
    Yep @Bex953172 it can be really hard work looking after kids, I'm glad I'm not the only one! My grandson is an only child, so I don't have fighting to deal with! It doesn't help that I keep looking back to when my kids were small and comparing, I need to stop doing that. No way was I a perfect parent, but I know mine didn't act up like grandson does, they were pretty good on the whole, life was much calmer than it is now.

My friends who are now grandparents say the same thing. We wonder if it is a complicated mix of reasons, like more additives in food and drinks, much more screen time, more broken families...
    As an example, last week we watched Thomas Tank Engine...one episode was a really old dvd, which was quite calm with the trains chuffing along the rails...the new one was loud, bright colours, fast, with trains jumping about. It was the first new one I'd seen and I was gobsmacked. Why do programme makers think this is good for children? Yep, I've turned into an old fogey lol

Haha ano things were great as a kid. The TV shows I watched seemed so much better than now. Although, with the one exception of one called Bluey. Even as an adult I love it and dont mind watching that one with Casey.

As for the comparing, it might be because he is an only child.
    Ash was an only child and I wasnt. He had to have his parents entertain him alot of the time, obviously he played by himself but alot more input was required of his parents
    But I know myself that me and my brother just messed about all day. Even when we were fighting it was still something to do 😂 and so our parents could kind of "leave us to it" for a while as long as they knew we were safe.

But even at 30, I know things were different back then. I try tell them what it was like even for me. Like they actually moaned that I put them to bed before they had finished a film and I was kind of like.
    Well when I was a kid we couldn't even pause the TV. Or record anything on the TV. And if someone wanted to use the housephone we'd get disconnected from the internet so... Get to bed haha.
  • Bex953172
    Not really been posting goals as such but I have been doing the odd thing here and there.
    Eating smaller portions. Still snacking on the biscuits but I don't have anything else to snack on.
    And I've even been on my stepper a couple of times. Didn't mention it the first time cause I only did 5 minutes and was embarrassed that that was all I managed but in my defence I did it next to the radiator when the heating was on and whilst wearing my dressing gown.. sometimes I just don't think everything through 😂

Today I did 10 minutes. The actually exercise itself isn't hard but getting the rhythm and staying balanced is. I'm really unbalanced in general. So that's something I want to work on because I want to do my exercises with good form and not be wobbling all over the place.

So exercise is making progress. Eating is kind of making progress. But it's all small steps. Just a little each day but more than the day before.

I'm not posting goals for now. Can't tell if they're helping or hindering me. But I am working towards a better lifestyle!
  • littleblackskirt
    edited March 2023
    OMG @Bex953172 I love Bluey! Although it took me months to realise Bluey is a girl, I though she was a boy lol. Bluey and Waffle the Wonder Dog (he talks) are my favourites. Grandson is also obsessed with Dog Squad, which is about service dogs, so we do try to see that.

Yes things were very different "back then". When I was a small child we didn't have a TV, and when we did get one there were no kids programmes on in the evening. The only one I remember is the Magic Roundabout just before the 6 o'clock news. When my boys were kids we had TV, but nothing else. It was a big change when video players came on the market, the first time we could choose to time watching something.

As for telephones, we got our first phone when I was a teenager and it was a shared line. So if you picked it up and the neighbours were talking you had to put it down and wait until they were finished. We were very accepting back then lol.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Plan (adjusted after receiving honey-do-list)

Carpool
    Trainer ride
    Weight train
    No more than 2 beers
    500 calorie deficit or more with exercise
    8-12 glasses of water
    Call to make Teigan’s appointment
    Grocery shop
    Get snacks for Teigan
    Transfer my schedule on the calendar
    Make dinner in crockpot
    Clean tub
    Log all food
    Laundry
    Limit social media (put my phone away during family time)
  • shann55437
    shann55437 Posts: 47 Member
    JFT 3.6.2023
    new day, new week, fresh start.
    all my food for the day except for dinner and water for the day is logged.
    leave for work by 6am
    at work by 7am
    training at 10am
    lunch right after
    done work at 4pm
    home by 5pm
    dinner for 7:30pm
    spend time with family before and after dinner
    clean up
    bed before 10pm

GOAL
    find time to write in journal - gratitude
    practice calmness
    go with with flow
    win the war with anxiety <3
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited March 2023
    JFT Monday
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT.
    2. Online facilitation - Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Grade online assignments. Provide narrative feedback on journals. Feedback on late essay. Submit letter of rec. Choose sentence for DGP. Review March calendar and update. Photocopy DGP!
    3. Pit Crew - Would You Rather? idk. *sigh*
    4. Planning - Check on progress for online students; MAKE CALLS. Can I remove students? Reading (Netgalley). Update Goodreads! Call to set up testing for ADHD. ChatGPT update; Source v Search Engine; Taxes scripts. Write emails as reminders about last Thursday. Journal. Turn in absence forms.
    5. English class - DGP 5 Mon / Review / Grammar test / Check H/V Confrontation / Closer = Reading Survey.
    6. Tutoring. Lifting. Pick up meds.
    7. Hang clothes? Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Tweetchat. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA & tweetchats on anon. Park walk? Sun RC, podcast. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 204.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Mar 23 4p. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Unfortunately, losing weight apparently isn't enough of a priority for me. I don't know what else I can do without sacrificing mental health, tbqh.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,294 Member

JFT Sunday
    - shower😀
    - Church 😀
    - Lunch with family 😀
    - Stay off my phone while S is here 😀
    - Laundry :smiley:
    - Nap :(
    - Bed by 11:00 :(

Getting back on track today, but not really feeling like it. I know there is leftover pizza at home, and boy do I love me some pizza! Anyway, no pizza for me tonight and no alcohol. That in itself will be a good accomplishment if I manage it...

Go to see my therapist this afternoon, hubby and I are going together as our stressor right now is Sierra and how to be here for her without suffocating her.

JFT Monday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Work on QAR system :smiley:
    - Make training document for QAR & LPA
    - Protein bar for lunch
    - log food
    - stay green
    - Therapist
    - Back to work (maybe)
    - No alcohol
    - Small dinner
    - Bed by 11:30

• more_freggies76

JFT for 3/5/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today✔️]
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.✔️ok...noted exception beforehand...
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/24)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 3/6✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 3/3)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) No tamales today (last 3/3)✔️
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)✔️
    13) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.✔️
    14) Can eat what I want at brunch with girlfriends.✔️Didn't do today.[/color
    JFT for 3/6/2023 (yesterday)
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar-added (last 3/5)
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.
    3) Can have peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/24)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 3/9
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 3/3)
    11) No tamales today (last 3/3)
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)
    13) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Day 33: March 3; JFT I will:
    1. 8 C liquid :)
    2. 5 freggies :)
    3. Help paralyzed friend with moving project prep :)
    4. Sleep in tomorrow! :)
    Did nothing Saturday except sleep and deal with repotting ALL of my friend's plants. Sunday I just worked and slept. Paralyzed friend moving project is really sucking up my time and energy right now!

DAY 36: March 6: JFT I will:
    1. Track all food
    2. 5,000 steps
    3. 8 C liquid
    4. 5 freggies
    5. Swim a mile
    6. Food prep/pack meals for tomorrow
    7. Pack clothes and supplies for moving project tomorrow
    8. 7 hours sleep
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my dose of metamusal, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Today really wasn’t very good. Work was crap, then my healthy eating plan went out the window because my stove apparently needs new burners in addition to the drip pans I had to wait 3 weeks for. $30 worth of groceries I just bought, a week’s worth of healthy meals planned, and I can’t cook any of it - ended up going to Chick-fil-A instead (more money) and now I’m going to have to pay my landlord yet more money to order new burners just so I can feel safe cooking in my own kitchen.

And I feel like I’ve done nothing but eat all day but just logged my food and it turns out my calorie count is way too low. Didn’t drink enough water either, or knock out anything on my to-do list. So yeah, pretty much feeling like a total failure today.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 3/6/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar-added (last 3/5)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.✔️
    3) Can have peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/24)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 3/9✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 3/3)✔️
    11) No tamales today (last 3/3)✔️
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)✔️
    13) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.✔️
    JFT for 3/7/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar-added (last 3/5)
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/6)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 3/9
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 3/6)
    11) No tamales today (last 3/3)
    12) Up to 2 oz of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)
    13) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.

Hour commitment - After I finish my hot milk, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    JFT - Tues Mar 7
    Log all Food
    Drink 1.5L water
    Gratitude Journal
  • littleblackskirt
    JFT Monday 6th March

Log everything I tried, lot of guesswork
    Stay in the green no
    Back exercises yes, first time in ages!
    Phone garage yes
    Paperwork/housework very little

I'm struggling with a cold at the mo (thanks grandson!), can't sleep with it, so feeling tired today. Hope it goes soon!

JFT Tuesday 7th March

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Postpone osteopath appointment
    Walk son's dog

A big day in the garden today, having a conifer cut down, so will be busy with that. It's sunny but freezing.