Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @micaroo4 I'm glad you are both feeling better.

@Digger61 Congrats on the loss!

@19shmoo69 What a scary day. I am glad your son is okay. Will there be follow-up visits to the doctor? Congrats on the loss.

@sleepygirl79 I'm sure you are ready for spring (your dog is probably ready for it too, lol).

@Katmary71 He seems to be doing better. It was scary. Thinking good thoughts for Bill. That's a long HOA meeting! Enjoy your family time for your mom's birthday!

@megnolia82 What a battle you've been in. I'm glad you are doing okay. Congrats on the loss.

@Cornanda Oh yes! I don't know what it's going to take. I know I should set small, achievable goals but I have lost my commitment right now. I will pull through but this is a tough spot! Thanks for asking. I'm glad you are having good weather and enjoying your daughter's visit. Aww, Gus is making a friend!

Hi all. Still struggling. I had a fun day yesterday, we took Daisy to a dog festival yesterday. She got to meet a lot of new dogs. It was misting so not the greatest weather but not the worst, either. We went for coffee afterward and then later, I went to an art gallery to look at their exhibit. I also stopped in a cool bookstore.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Ate the dinner that was planned.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

vcp0fbg8zwp6.png
    rdda47gzkche.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    tj6utd6z14fo.png

By Pounds
    visucbb2itgb.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    x0hevwws0243.png

By Pounds
    dzjx20tsuxo8.png
    ryifbvxdzf1h.png

Team Winners
    ymso3ed6dqif.png
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 204 Member
    Weigh In Sunday March 12
    SW: 175
    PW: 171.7
    CW: 171.2
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 170 Member
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 226.8
    CW 222.6
  • rodgerd27
    rodgerd27 Posts: 11 Member
    Username: rodgerd27
    Weigh in day: Monday
    SW: 106.0kg
    PW: 105.2kg
    CW: 105.0kg
    GW: 95.0kg

Hope it's OK to post my start weight (SW) and goal weight (GW). Team Captain - please let me know if not.
  • amanda32390
    amanda32390 Posts: 8 Member
    Sunday weigh in:

Amanda32390
    PW: 142.4
    CW: 142.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,125 Member
    @AustinRuadhain – You were the apple of your dad’s eye! Hahahaha! And in the photo, my son is the one smirking on the right…He refuses to smile in any Navy photos :smiley:
    @Katmary71 – Thank you for the sweet House Mouse notecard and the seeds – so sweet of you! I have a second hydroponic grower now, so I have both of them in there! And thank you…I think my little bald-headed guy is quite adorable :) Sounds like you had a “Dude! Your car!” episode worse than mine! Your poor Honda! I hope you’re able to get some sleep soon. How is Bill doing now? Still in the hospital? Holy smack! That chipotle sauce sounds so much better than the tahini sauce I usually use for sweet taters and beans! Saving that for sooner rather than later!
    @trooworld – The TVP is already in its correct form, so no binder needed. I’m just talking about the flavor. It’s like tofu…no actual taste. So you have to create the flavor you want. And yes, I do like seitan :smile: And regarding your husband…Say WHAT?!? An ingrown hair did all that? C'est dingue! Hope the antibiotics work fast!
    @GabiV125 – I love your explanation. Strikes a chord with me as I would eat fire for my loved ones, too. Food for thought…
    @micaroo4 – So glad your smeller is starting to work again. Hugs!
    @19shmoo69 – How scary for everyone! Glad your son doesn’t remember. So they don’t know what triggered the seizure? Maybe low blood sugar? Prayers that it doesn’t happen again. Also continued prayers for your journey. I want to give up almost every day. Sometimes I stay strong and sometimes I made a bad choice. But at least we’re here, talking, sharing and helping to hold each other up. Stay strong, brother!
    @sleepygirl79 – You made me chuckle about your dog not giving a crap :smiley:
    @Cornanda – When I think back to some of the things I did when I was a teen, I pause and thank God. Some of my actions could have resulted in others’ deaths. That is no dramatic statement. I used to do terrible things without thinking of the consequences…
    Scream 6 was a hoot! I liked it way better than 4 and 5. I will watch it again so I can see where there were clues that I hadn’t picked up on the first time. I went straight to Hunter’s after work to have chili with her before going to the movie. She presented me with a gift as a thank you for all the money I had loaned to them when they moved. Lookie at what that sweet girl did:
    s57i7t4ryxbb.jpg
    The food items were all things I talked about for a snackle box. And she bought 7 containers so I would have one for each day of the week. So cute! Here’s my snackle box for tomorrow (raspberries, grape tomatoes, hummus, carrots, and a few little slices of cheeze. I am ready!
    3kei89l5nsn2.jpg
    Let's ROCK this new week!!!
    No Zero Days logging 3/12:
    1. Cook bean/grain: not needed yet
    2. Weigh/measure all food: :)
    3. Log all food: :)
    4. 15 minutes activity: :/
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: :/
    2023 Mantra: NO WISHES and Planning = Success!

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 269 Member
    Hi all! I’m back from my trip.

@19shmoo69 prayers for your son. I’m so sorry that you all went through that. I do hope you all are ok now. I see you are having a time and everyone has given great advice and encouragement and I will add that we are all here for you.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 269 Member
    Username: AmbersWay
    Weigh in: Sunday
    PW: 204.6
    CW:204.6

Well I survived the last half of my trip with all the eating out, meals with friends and some carbs.

I was down mid week but alas the it caught up with me, along with some crazy swelling after my flight. I can barely get my runners on that I cycle with or fit the straps on the pedals. So plenty of water and back on track I am. I managed 40 minutes of cycling yesterday although I was zombified.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    I’m terrible at juggling all the things. I feel awful for popping in with just a personal update and no reply to all of you. Since starting work my routine has become, work, sleep, eat, walk/run/or hike, chat with my kid on the drive too or from work (as he’s been dropping me off and stealing the extra vehicle) and then turning around and doing it all over again. I’ve had very few very brief conversations with my mom and since we are on complete opposite sleep schedules I know she feels like I’m upset with her or not wanting to spent any time with her. Truth is everyone in the house has had a combo of strep and or a viral infection going around and it’s just keeps circulating. I rarely get sick but I got something and right now have a stuffy head. Much milder symptoms than everyone else but I didn’t fully avoid it. I had orientation this week and picked up two extra shifts so I’ve been very busy. I’m hoping by the end of next week I’ll be ready to go on my own and be moved to my regular schedule and know exact days off to plan fun adventures. Weigh in is tomorrow and I don’t expect a loss but I will get back in the gym this week. Sorry for dropping the ball here but don’t think I’ve fallen off the wagon I’m just trying to reorganize priorities a bit.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @AustinRuadhain @GabiV125 @shaunarlr83 congrats on making it onto the leaderboard, way to go!

@txcritter69 @sleepygirl79 @rodgerd27 congrats on the losses!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ah okay. I see. Can you add vegan Worcestershire sauce to the TVP to add some umami? My husband...yes! Can you believe that hair caused all trouble? The antibiotics seem to be working, thanks. I love your snackle box!

@shaunarlr83 It's hard balancing all the things at once. Sometimes something has to give. Good luck!

Hi all. I woke up in the middle of the night on Saturday night with a terrible migraine and it isn't quite gone yet. I took my migraine medicine but it didn't totally help. I'll probably come home early today since I didn't sleep well.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Ate the dinner that was planned.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 141.6
    CW: 141.0

I think there are multiple challenges in Stridekick, so lots of reasons to step this week! Let me know if you want to be added to the M Slimpossibles 18 mile spring path over 5 days.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    @19shmoo69 - I am so, so sorry to hear about your son. That sounds terrifying. I am glad he is home safe.

@askewcr , @JenAWhite , @rodgerd27 @Sleepygirl79 , @Digger61 , @txcritter69 , @gemwolf110 , @tammymccrady6278 -- Congratulations on your weigh-in! In the green -- woohoo!

@JenAWhite - The Stridekick spring path sounds fun! I'd love to join if you have room for one more.

@trooworld - I am so sorry about the migraine. I hope you get to rest up later today.
    Hurray for eating your dinner that was planned!
    And a big "phew" to the news about your husband. I hope he is improving today.

@shaunarlr83 - Hang in there. You don't sound like a terrible juggler. It sounds like family illness added too many balls last week! It's great that you will have a more predictab;e schedule soon.
    Also -- congratulations on being on the leaderboard last week!

@AmbersWay- Hurray for holding steady despite the trip! I hape you are feeleing less zombified today.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I was counting your son's smirk as a smile in that photo. I think I saw smile/laugh lines even if no teeth.
    I am reminded of my first grade school picture. One or some of the other kids suggested that smiling wasn't cool. I bit the insides of my cheeks to try not to smile, and just ended up looking goofy. (I caught it from my mom when th picture came home!)

@amanda32390 - Congrats on holding steady this week!

@GabiV125 - Congratulations on being on the leaderboard last week!

@trooworld - I am sorry you are struggling. Big yay for eating the dinner that was planned!
    Your Saturday outing sounds great! A dog festival sounds super fun, and a stop at a cool bookstore is always great!

@Cornanda - Yes to the unmentionables!

@megnolia82 -- It is so great that the water weight is coming off. I hope that you have mpore good days this week. It is great that you are being patient with yourself.

@Katmary71 - I am so sorry there is not better, clearer news about Bill. I hope the family gathering for your mom's birthday went well yesterday!

@sleepygirl79 - Your tale of being walked by your dog in the post-bizzard snow made me smile. Yes, that has to have been good for at leat a few calories!

@micaroo4 - It's so great that you and Rich are doing better. Keep taking good care of yourselves!

@Cornanda - It sounds like life is good! Good weather, cuteness with Gus and the cat, progress on your yard!
    Hmm. You and @KatMary71 have me remembering that I need to work on my yard. I'll see if I can fit some in this week!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,125 Member
    @shaunarlr83 – You’ll be in a routine in no time! Hopefully your mother understands it’s just a matter of schedules and timing. I get it, though. My mom can guilt trip me when I’m not immediately available for her. Working with my therapist on that issue, tho.
    @trooworld – Ooohhh! I have Amy’s Vegan Worchestershire and rarely think of it! I’ll give that a try. I hope your migraine goes away soon.
    @AustinRuadhain – Oh my! Didn’t we ALL think smiling was uncool back then?!? And there weren’t re-do’s, either! Hahaha!
    Figured I’d do a quick check-in as I forgot to log my weigh-in yesterday, too. So far so good with the snackle box! I pre-logged all my meals and snacks today and have a smidgen of wiggle-room. Feeling positive! Hope everyone has a great Monday…don’t forget your veggies!
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    I'm trying Passionate Penny Pincher Menu system just to see if I can get in habit to plan actual habits. Meals aren't super healthy, but if I actually sat down to a few meals, it would undoubtedly be healthier than my grazing all day situation. I'll keep you posted if this colorful system helps :)!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @trooworld I love Daisy had the chance to socialize a bit, that gave me a huge smile! Booktores, coffee, and dog festivals, what more is needed? How is your husband doing? Oh no I'm sorry to hear about the migraine, I always feel so bad when I hear you're dealing with them, gentle hugs.

@AustinRuadhain @GabiV125 @shaunarlr83 Way to go on week winners!

@vegan4lyfe2012 You're welcome! We both had "Dude your car!" things happen to us both with the kind of people that DO literally say "Dude your car!" How fun on the second hydroponic, what all will you put in that one? I only have three spots for seed pods and it's like one is cursed, my parsley and basil looks great now though. I'll add the Bill update at the end, thanks for asking about him. I'm glad you liked Scream 6, I'll have to check it out. We need a “best horror movies to see before you die as recommended by Jennifer” list! That would be so fun, I got overwhelmed trying to watch one a day but would watch a top list. The ones that have scared me the most over the years are the ones like The Entity, The Conjouring, and Amityville since they're based on things that are supposed to have really happened. The Entity is the only one I had a nightmare of that I can recall.

@AmbersWay Welcome back my friend! Has the swelling gone down at all?

@shaunarlr83 It's always ok to just do a quick update, you don't have to catch up with everyone every time but we still like hearing how you're doing. I hope you're able to avoid getting sick and your stuffy head clears up. I can't wait for you to be able to do fun adventures as well! Keep being awesome, everything will fall into place once you have your regular schedule.

@JenAWhite I'm bummed I don't have a tracker even though I can't do much walking, I love all the Stridekick enthusiasm here for it though, I'm head cheerleader for you all! :) I Googled Passionate Penny Pincher Menu System, you'll have to tell us more about it, I'm on the website right now and it looks really cool! I love all the new ideas you're sharing with us and can't wait to hear how it goes.

@AustinRuadhain What a great no zeros yesterday! You'll have to tell all the new members and remind the longer ones of all the cool James Clear information on developing good habits and being 1% better each day (can't recall if he was the 1% better or not or if that was BL Fogg's Tiny Habits which is also a good one, it's been a couple years since I read them but they both really made me think). Do you have any fun spring break plans?

@micaroo4 How are you feeling? How is Rich?

@megnolia82 That's wonderful the water weight and swelling is going down, how are you planning to ease back into food now? I'm trying to boss my boyfriend around after he's been in the hospital with pancreatitis, his grocery list is along the lines of soup, digestive enzymes, Greek yogurt, and kefir. I should make him drink my entire kombucha jar on the counter, I made it last summer and forgot about it while waiting the 2 weeks for it to ferment and the scoby is so big now it could swallow my town at this point, stuff must be horrible-tasting but would probably add some serious bacteria to the gut!

@Cornanda I watched a video from Next Level Gardening where he starts his tomatoes in solo cups so he can bury the stems for a better root system as they grow as roots will come off the stem. Mine were just leggy but I thought it was a great not-too-expensive idea over disinfecting all the old pots I have so I'm giving it a go, they're just taking up so much room I really need the weather to get better to bring them outside in the days. I can't transfer the peppers with all the tomatoes hogging up all the light space. Haha yes your pup sounds like a young dog or cat for sure! They will mellow out and then you miss the funny things they used to do, take a lot of pictures. Have a great time with your daughter! I'm glad the cat and Gus are getting along, that's wonderful they're becoming friends.

Hi team, that was a lot of catching up, love seeing all the posts! I've been dragging today but I'm guessing we all are. We went out last night for my Mom's birthday, it was a lot of fun. Bill was sent home from the hospital last night, I was worried about him getting home since he'd be driving and had been on pain medication but he made it and sounds a lot better and is more uncomfortable than in pain which is way better. He spent most of today sleeping and will hopefully be back to work in a few days. Today I've been pretty tired and just worn out, my blood sugar kept going too low because of how I ate last night but I got my workout in, finished some charity stuff, and did a lot of reading. Have a great Tuesday gang, we're almost halfway through the month! I'll be in the greenhouse in the morning, can't wait to see the seedlings and their progress tomorrow.

No Zero Days
    healthy food under calories (my parents gave me chili that made them too gassy, I don't know if that's sweet or mean to do to me!)
    chair cardio, leg and ab strengthening, stretching
    great water/tea
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 170.8
    Current weight - 170.6

Sorry I’m a few hours late with weigh in! 🥴
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Hey y'all,

Just popping real quick. I had a good weekend with my grand beauty. The weather was pretty nasty, so we watched a lot of of movies, danced around a little bit while listening to music, and we painted rocks. I cooked a lot of her favorite foods, tuna casserole, French toast, enchiladas, etc.... She was a pretty happy camper and as always with this one, she didn't want to go home. I'm going to buy her a couple of looms and teach her & I how to use it... Between the grand and the time change I am sure tired.

Y'all have a good one
This discussion has been closed.