Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps:
    3/11 3,850
    3/12 2,362
    3/13 3,509
    3/14 6,092

Steps were low - I've been really exhausted fighting this dam time change - especially on Sunday and then this week it's been difficult to get up and get my workouts in - today was a little better
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    Steps:
    3/11 3,850
    3/12 2,362
    3/13 3,509
    3/14 6,092

Steps were low - I've been really exhausted fighting this dam time change - especially on Sunday and then this week it's been difficult to get up and get my workouts in - today was a little better

I feel you! I find time change hard too. Great weigh in this week
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @LaurieWrobo Congratulations on breaking 160! Huge accomplishment!

My steps have been really low this past week too. 4 days with 10 hours of driving really did me in with the steps. Back in Colorado and the scale was actually down. I think the scales are pretty close, but the one here is my usual one and it measures in .2 pound increments rather than .5 so I feel like its more accurate.

My husband stayed back in Houston to meet with contractors so I was on my own. Two dogs are alot by myself, but we made it.

Catching up on steps:

3/7 15,687
    3/8 13,342
    3/9 5249 (I was so tired)
    3/10 18,055
    3/11 6527 (bike day)
    3/12 9882 (didn't wear tracker except for run)
    3/13 3177 (driving day 1)
    3/14 4586 (driving day 2)

Going to jump on the bike and then the treadmill so hopefully I'm over 10,000 steps today!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    It seems as though the theme of this week is sleep trouble.

I agree about the time change @LaurieWrobo and @CasandraW. I think that has something to do with my sleep deprivation this week.

I had to wake up relatively early on Sunday to take my son to the airport, and then my husband arrived home from his karate tournament on a red eye flight that arrived about 5am on Monday morning. Fortunately, he got home from the airport on his own so I do didn’t have to leave the house at 4:30am to get him. We live very close to the DC Washington National airport but it’s a little further to Dulles International airport where he landed. I didn’t sleep well at all Monday night because I had a lot on my mind. I tossed, turned, and woke up about every half hour. Usually, I can remind myself that there are few problems I’ll be able to solve in the middle of the night and ‘self-talk myself to sleep. My typical reflection questions didn’t work on Monday night though —

(1) Is this worry something you can change? If not, just relax and accept it.
    (2) If this is something I can change, what is one small step I can take tomorrow to get started?
    (3) How will I build this first action into my day and how can I remove the obstacles I might face so I can make progress toward the change?

If the small step doesn’t work, I know I need to plan a smaller step for incremental progress that will eventually advance the change, try a new strategy, etc. Yesterday, I dealt with the problems that were on my mind and felt a little bit better. Then, I went to bed early and slept soundly through the night. Whew 😅 — I hope that means I’ve adjusted to the time change and back on track.

The good news is I didn’t go completely off the rails with emotional eating either. I hope everyone sleeps well tonight after long drives - that was a lot @SavageMrsMoose - and seasonal time adjustment. 😴💤
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Thanks @SavageMrsMoose & @CasandraW
    Hope you get some more rest @PatriceFitnessPal 💕
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    Walked a mile and a half this morning/evening combined. Rough day at work, with lots of stress and a heavy feeling overall...I'm exhausted. Everyone is on edge. Tomorrow is my Friday and then I'm on vacation, but I hope I can relax and not worry during my PTO.

I ordered lunch out today, but got lean sauteed vegetables in a light brown sauce...nothing heavy...only a few bites of veggie fried rice and a couple of bites of sweet n sour pork. Had one veggie spring roll. Not bad. Heated up baked chicken and mashed potatoes this evening. I'm under on calories for the day...

Getting ready to do a few final chores around the house and then lie down and read for a bit. So sorry I haven't been around much lately y'all...work has been about all I can handle lately.

Hope ya'll had a great day!
    Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @jessicakrall8 good job getting your walking in. I hope tomorrow goes easy and that you get to enjoy your time off

@PatriceFitnessPal I got on my evil rower today (evil because it kicks my butt every time) and all I could think of is what a badass you must be to row regularly.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    Thank you for your kindness @CasandraW !
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,777 Member
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-172
    Current weight-172.6

Super frustrating because I have been working out, but I just need to keep trying
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,777 Member
    3/13-13,869
    3/14-13,768
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited March 2023
    Card for the day, happy Thursday everyone <3
    6cup3ebu797g.jpg

• PatriceFitnessPal
    I hope everyone is doing well. Here’s my weekly weigh-in report.

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday

PW: 134.6
    CW: 134.8

SW: 168
    LTD: 33.2

My goal is to sustain my weight within the 120-130 pound range. I have some improvements to make but it feels possible to get back to the ‘goal zone’ this year. As @angmarie28 commented above … I just need to keep trying!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Happy Thursday Everyone! March Madness begins today! All in for U of H, my alma mater, but also Go Hoosiers!!

Steps

3/16 17,830

Had a big drop on the scale this morning, but did an evening run so didn't feel like dinner. We shall see if it holds for tomorrow's weigh in.
  • Pupowl
    Steps
    March 14: 16.446
    March 15: 24.163
    March 16: 8.898
    Good morning Shape Shifters. My mom went home again yesterday. I was super exhausted, so I didn't manage to check in here and I didn't bother with my step goal. We didn't do much on Tuesday because the weather was quite bad. We did walk into town in the afternoon to get a birthday card for an aunt who will be 91 this weekend. On Wednesday we went for a long walk. I think it ended up being around 9,5 kilometers total. We had lunch at the restaurant at the forest edge which was nice. We played a lot of games, listened to music and I also read the new books she gave me. I will share some pictures under the spoiler, though I didn't take many. Happy Friday everyone <3
    mcxcxvod6tga.jpg
    dab32uanbahu.jpg
    kufmfjre3341.jpg
    2762ambc4dvn.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Card for today
    ssrfbdt3kfal.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited March 2023
    @SavageMrsMoose - I’m glad your Houston team was able to claw their way to a win in the March Madness opening game! My younger son loves basketball - and he’s a talented player - but he didn’t get any ‘tall’ height genes from us so his skills are limited to the local courts.

Two of his friends drove from northern Virginia and two drove from Richmond, VA (about 2.5 miles south of here) to visit my son at Clemson University last weekend. The four friends were on spring break from their schools and my son was happy to host them so they could get to know his friends in South Carolina.

The housing complex he lives in hosts various events throughout the year and the staff organized a 3-on-3 (players) tournament that weekend to kick off March Madness. They put together a team and did well. Everyone had a fun time and got along well, so my son was very happy.

I think my son moved to that location because it had the best basketball court so I was a bit concerned about his college priorities 😬 but he finished all his exams just before his friends visited so I guess he’s balancing his studies with fun activities to release stress and relax.

A mom can rationalize anyway — 🙃
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @Pupowl - Thanks for posting the pretty nature photos! It’s so nice to watch the birds and breathe the fresh air. I found myself experiencing a similar scene while reading your post, as I sit by the window listening to the birds and enjoying their sounds. Ahhh! 🧘
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Weigh-in

👩 Username: kodakslim
    🗓 Weigh-in day: Friday
    👣 PW: 154.6
    👣 CW: 153.8

Ahh, I just can’t get past 153.8! I’m going to try extra hard this week 🤞🏻
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 189 Member
    pedal__power
    PW: 199.8
    CW: 197.6

Steps:
    3/14 13,256 1 hr hockey game
    3/15 15,889 2 hrs/games of hockey! woot!
    3/16 12,889 Rest day

I was much better at tracking my nutrition this week and got a lot of exercise in. I played 3 hockey games in 24hrs. I haven't had that much lactic acid build up in my legs in a while and I love feeling the burn...it's so satisfying! Anyone else love it too? ha! I felt much more in shape and that was a pretty darn good feeling! The time I've spent coaching my kids has helped me both with my skill and fitness.

I'm aiming to keep up with the tracking and minimizing snacking as much as possible. Have a great weekend everyone!
This discussion has been closed.