WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Replies

• Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 280 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Bought this chair awhile ago from OfferUp. Excited. Getting it reupholstered with this material. Never had anything professionally done before. If we didn’t have dogs, I would try to duplicate the yellow plaid material, so I chose this that will hide the dirt and hair better and will go with the decor/colors that I have in the living room already.
    us0089ktx0g4.jpeg
    5orjrcmnxr5a.png
    pw3prqcu4lsp.jpeg

Love the fabric...colors will look wonderful! I know what you mean about dog hair.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 54min 36sec, 41elev, 3.15ap, 89ahr, 117mhr, 6.05mi= 586c
    Strava app= 742c

Didn’t go to the gym or spin, went to go pick out a pattern for my chair :0)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Well done, Allie. Life is much too short to be worrying about a few dollars. <3

Wrote 500 words this morning and Zoomed with my old schoolfriends this afternoon. Perfect.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,354 Member
    B)
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    edited March 2023
    Lanette, I like your attitude on life and look forward to your posts.

Machka, Wow, so glad you could share the secret you mentioned prior. Congratulations on your exciting upcoming job challenges. You bring so much to your workplace. You're amazing.

Barbara, miss your postings. Hope all is well.

Katla, again it was so good to see your post. Please post again soon.

Heather, loved the family pictures at your Mother's Day meal. All of you are so photogenic.

Betsy in NW WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    edited March 2023
    :) Today might be the first day of spring but it is still chilly by my standards so even if others in my neighborhood are out with yard tools, I've decided to wait a bit. The landscaper texted today that he will bring my pile of bark and put it in the driveway on Saturday April 1 so I have decided that I will declare April 1 the first day of spring at my house and begin my annual yard clean up and bark placement that day. It will still be cold, but that's a good time to make a modest beginning.

This is what the bark pile looked like the first time I got it in 2019 and I've done the same thing every year except 2020 when we didn't want to deal with anyone because of the pandemic.

2wu7jgq2lrdr.jpg

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• pipcd34
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Pip-that picture is too cute! Definite family resemblance-and your smile is the same today as it was then!

Mary-good job on weight loss.

Joy-four pounds is something to celebrate. I take Synthroid also but I have no thyroid.

AnnieI hate it when I forget stuff at the store.

Carla-I believe I forgot to extend condolences for your friend's passing. Too young.

Allie-I think you deserve first class!

Productive day at work today. Working from home tomorrow and should get last two pieces finished (I should say I will have proofed and confirmed staff member's work). I expect to need very few corrections.

Best day of movement in a while. I walked a bit over 3 miles plus another 1.6 with random walking. The sewage line problem continues for my part of complex so we have to walk to the next area to use restroom. Helps get in extra steps even if I just make the trip two or three times (the RR on my floor is about 25 steps away from my office).

Got a call from former boss/friend tonight. Had a nice chat with him and his partner. They are great guys and for some reason we just alway clicked.

Going to go clean up kitchen from dinner and decide what type of gift card to get DIL for her birthday tomorrow. If all else fails there is always Amazon!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I never thought any of us looked alike
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Good evening ladies!

Pip I love that fabric! Your chair will be beautiful.

Today I ate 1114 calories for a deficit of 520 Yay!
    I did twenty minutes on the bike, started yoga, then quit and started over again later, then the aerobic walking.

Tomorrow I'm going out when I would normally be eating so I have to rearrange things.

Annie in Delaware

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Evening friends
    Back at the hotel for the last night,and wouldn't you know it ,someone hard of hearing has the tv on loud in the next room. Sheesh.
    Oh well I'll get to sleep..
    I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am so very happy I came. No more weddings,but for sure will come down again just to visit..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Just a quick fly by. We left FL around 8 and got home a little after 5. I’ve found that if I have protein (like eggs) for breakfast, I have no desire to eat lunch, which saves about ½ an hour. Weather was gorgeous for driving, blue skies all the way. And we got thru Charlotte early so there wasn’t that much traffic. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD. I’m not working tomorrow, there are just too many things that need getting caught up on (like food shopping)

So sorry to hear of all the deaths

Rosemarie – I was just sad that I was leaving Florida and my friends down there. But I’ll be back next year! Time sure goes by fast!

Lisa – yea for no pain

Joyful – WTG girl!

M – woopppppp

Kim – (HUG)

Congrats to all the losers

Still trying to catch up. Need to get to bed now but didn’t want to get too far behind of else it takes forever to get caught up.

Michele back in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,812 Member
    edited March 2023
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Do you remember that, in January, I said I had a secret?
    First post on Page 87, here, Days 4 and 12 in my list ...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880701/women-ages-50-for-january-2023/p87

Well, part of that secret is that I'm on leave for a while ... and then I'm being seconded to another department for a bit!

I'll go into more detail next week, I hope.

Machka in Oz
    I worked at Job1 at LevelA for 8 years. During that time, I got my Masters in IT. So I started applying around to see what I might find.

In that time, a manager took me under her wing and gave me a lot of pointers. One of her tips was to ask questions. At the end of the interview, when they ask "Do you have any questions for us?", be sure to ask questions!! If you're offered a job, ask questions about the job.

January 2022 - I got 2 jobs! Job2 was permanent at LevelB and Job3 was a 6-month term at LevelC.
    I took Job2 and asked if they would second me to Job3. To my surprise, they did!
    Always ask questions!
    At the end of the 6-month term I started, officially, with Job2.

Shortly after that, I applied for another position back in the general area of Job1 where I had been for 8 years, and when I got the interview, I found out it was actually to fill 2 positions. I didn't get either one. No worries. I already had a job.

December 2022 - The day after my skin cancer surgeries, with my nose in bandages and my eyes black and swollen, I got a call offering me a position back in the general area of Job1 where I had been for 8 years. Turns out that they can do that if a person has had an interview within the previous 6 months.
    I accepted the job: Job4 at LevelD - entry level management.
    But it is a 2-year term position.

When I told Job2 I had a new job, but it is a 2-year term position, they made a deal with me. They would second me to Job4!

So, for the next 2 years, I remain permanent with Job2 at LevelB while I go to Job4 at LevelD - entry level management. We'll see what happens at the end of 2 years.

I'm looking forward to being back among people I got to know and a little nervous at the same time.

Meanwhile, I've been on leave (annual leave) for almost a month. I will miss that. I would love to be retired. But I'll be on a 9-day fortnight again, so that's not too bad. I made sure to ask about that!!
    Machka in Oz

So does this mean you will be working two jobs for the next two years?
    Sorry, trying to understand before the first cup of tea starts working

Debbie

No, I will be permanent at Job2, but Job2 is seconding me to Job4 for the 2-year term.

I know ... my whole job situation has been confusing and convoluted over the past 16 months. And when I start Job4 tomorrow, I will have been in 6 different offices in the past 16 months.

Yay Machka! Your career is really reflecting all the hard work you did at university. Congratulations!
    Annie in Delaware
    Machka, You are such an asset to your workplace - they are so lucky to have you. I hope your career moves are as beneficial to you as they are to your employer. Congratulations.
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Machka, Wow, so glad you could share the secret you mentioned prior. Congratulations on your exciting upcoming job challenges. You bring so much to your workplace. You're amazing.
    Betsy in NW WA

Thank you! :blush:

After 8 years in one place (ending in January 2022), I felt I needed a change of some sort. The two jobs I've held so far have benefitted me in at least the following ways:

-- bringing me out of my shell. My 8-year position was very, very quiet and we didn't talk to each other much about what we were working on. Both the two positions I've held in the past 16 months, people have talked a lot more about their jobs which has made me feel more comfortable about asking questions and getting involved.
    -- giving me the opportunity to deal with difficult people.
    -- giving me current experience in leading meetings and doing presentations
    -- giving me different perspectives on data.
    -- giving me current experience in project management

This new position combines the exciting worlds of data and accounting in a health environment!!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited March 2023
    fwl3k9tveggi.png

lvx0fkc5fah3.png

• Machka9
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Bought this chair awhile ago from OfferUp. Excited. Getting it reupholstered with this material. Never had anything professionally done before. If we didn’t have dogs, I would try to duplicate the yellow plaid material, so I chose this that will hide the dirt and hair better and will go with the decor/colors that I have in the living room already.
    us0089ktx0g4.jpeg
    5orjrcmnxr5a.png
    pw3prqcu4lsp.jpeg

I like it!

I went the slipcover route with my wing chair. The slipcover is navy with white and lighter blue flower patterns.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    edited March 2023
    I realized that I only drink 16 to 32 ounces of water a day. I used to drink more when I could count pop as liquid. I looked it up and I should be drinking at least 100 ounces of water per day. I know that liquid other than water counts. But I have a hard time, even drinking half of that amount, and that even counts my 2 cups of broth. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to drink more water?

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Machka9. We used slip covers initially, but he wanted it redone or just buy a new one so I went this route because it’s comfortable.