Let me know you a little better

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    I’m so old I learned to type on a manual typewriter and I learned double entry bookkeeping by hand in a workbook

I still have ours. 😊
    (I noticed there is no typewriter emoji 😂)
    If you squint the fax machine looks a little like a typewriter
  • duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Apparently I need competition and peer pressure to stay motivated when it comes to working out and staying on track.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,160 Member
    I've learned I kinda like cleaning my house. It takes far too long but I kind of enjoy the satisfaction of seeing it to from blah to sparkling. When I start working I'll hire a housekeeper but I hate how they always miss stuff you notice isn't super clean so maybe I should just keep doing it myself
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,430 Member
    I am a not a fan, at all, of all the Hallmark holidays.
    Why not treat everyone nice every day then we wouldn’t feel obliged to buy gifts for those we’ve taken for granted.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,430 Member
    Although I don’t consider myself a pessimist, I have learned not to count my chickens before they hatch.
    Doing so just leads to heartache and trouble.
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,189 Member
    After a sudden death in the family a while ago I feel a nagging worry about how death sneaks up on you.. you don't know where you don't know when. One minute you are here the next not.. I think about when will my time be. 😔

I used to think about this a great deal. Also, after a sudden death in the family.

I've eventually come to think that it's OK. I have a suspicion that we'll all eventually become conscious again as someone else...but the end of a personal story is still bittersweet. Hopefully, like the end of a good book.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    After a sudden death in the family a while ago I feel a nagging worry about how death sneaks up on you.. you don't know where you don't know when. One minute you are here the next not.. I think about when will my time be. 😔

I used to think about this a great deal. Also, after a sudden death in the family.

I've eventually come to think that it's OK. I have a suspicion that we'll all eventually become conscious again as someone else...but the end of a personal story is still bittersweet. Hopefully, like the end of a good book.

🤗 I like that thought.. "Hopefully, like the end of a good book"
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    I had a charmed life mostly.. I chased all the material things and got them, houses, boats, cars etc. Then over time my ex and I got into caravanning, travelled everywhere and I realised I didn't want to go home to the fabulous house and all my things. I loved the simplicity of that kind of life. It was a real wake up for me that all the things I'd amassed meant nothing. Ive since simplified my life , got rid of a lot of material things. Its not the things in your life but the people that give it meaning.. a lesson I've learned.

Can I have your stuff?!
  • Rotavele_
    Rotavele_ Posts: 260 Member
    Born, raised and live in the Bronx NY. I love baseball and hockey. I'm a cat guy!!! I'm an Italian boy who can't stand Italian food because I've eaten it so much growing up. I also wont eat certain foods because I dislike their names. That's all you get
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,898 Member
    Rotavele_ wrote: »
    I'm an Italian boy who can't stand Italian food because I've eaten it so much growing up.

I can sympathize. I grew up in Idaho, potato capital of America, so ate potatoes of some form or another 3-4 times every week all growing up. After I graduated high school and left for college, I refused to eat a potato for YEARS. Wasn't until I got married to a woman who still enjoyed potatoes that I started reintroducing them to my diet, and only now decades after I left home am I starting to enjoy potatoes again.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I had a charmed life mostly.. I chased all the material things and got them, houses, boats, cars etc. Then over time my ex and I got into caravanning, travelled everywhere and I realised I didn't want to go home to the fabulous house and all my things. I loved the simplicity of that kind of life. It was a real wake up for me that all the things I'd amassed meant nothing. Ive since simplified my life , got rid of a lot of material things. Its not the things in your life but the people that give it meaning.. a lesson I've learned.

Can I have your stuff?!

Sure.. if you can get it off the people I sold it too 😂
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited March 2023
    Sometimes I go into the pharmacy and open up the bactine because it smells like my childhood.
    My Mom put that *kitten* on everything!
  • Rotavele_
    I hate coffee because I don't like it's name. Same goes for eggplant, squash, avocado amongst others
  • Peachesnstuff
    I hate coffee because I don't like it's name. Same goes for eggplant, squash, avocado amongst others

If I told you I pronounce it carfee, would it change your mind?
  • Rotavele_

I'm from the Bronx NY and we pronounce it cawfee. I still dislike !
  • Peachesnstuff

I'm from the Bronx NY and we pronounce it cawfee. I still dislike !

Ahhh, I thought it was a Jersey thing