🤕 🤧 😴
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a body pump DVD, then went to a few stores. Got meringue powder that I needed, looked for any St. Pats day shirts but no one had one that fit me. Work tomorrow.

Debbie – I, too, very rarely drink soda. I might have one/year, but that’s about IT. Definitely don’t do the “diet” sodas, and I just can’t justify the calories in regular sodas. I’d much prefer to have water. Unfortunately, around here there’s lots of sweet tea (yuk, and double yuk)

Got to go take a shower and get reads for work tomorrow

Michele NC

Sweet tea is not a thing around here. Only available maybe at Popeye's Chicken or one of the few Cajun places
    The first time I had it was when I lived in Mobile,AL. It is different when you are only used to unsweetened tea. Dad would have loved it- He always added a spoon full of sugar to his tea(even the little cups of tea at the Chinese places.

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    I am doing this Happiness calendar for March. Feel free to copy or simply use it if you’d like!

March, 2023 Action for happiness.org
    RVRita
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.

Sky, sand and ocean
    15jmjq5nsagk.png

3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive.

Yesterday's 54 km bicycle ride and 5 km walk on the beach ...

4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words.

19nper8umeoo.png

5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them.

:heart:

6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels.

The only plans we had yesterday was a stroll through a neighbouring arty town to look at the shops.

7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.

I do box breathing at some point just about every day.

8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food.
    :)

9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others.
    Many times.

10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.

Afternoon walk ...

gk9c2ciwlcx2.png

11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.

Not so much today. But usually. :)

12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.

Haven't talked to anyone other than husband today.

13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.

Love watching the sky. :) Our house is especially well located for that, and at certain times of year, we get fantastic sunsets!

jomkq0tqutyd.png
    05wmx6w4ig4u.png
    7vc4lxr8ihsj.png

14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.

Laundry! I don't mind doing laundry. :)

15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.

That's about all I can do today. I haven't done anything which requires effort.

I looked up the vaccine I had yesterday. Boostrix: diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (whooping cough). I am set for 10 years!

But headache, tiredness, body aches, sore joints and nausea are common side effects ... which I am experiencing.

My doctor also informed me that the antibiotic "cocktail" I've been prescribed will make me feel ill and give me a horrible taste in my mouth. But it is only for 5 days and should do the trick.

16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.

I've been colouring these days because I'm not allowed to do much more. Fortunately, I enjoy colouring. :)

I've also been putting away laundry and rearranging a closet.

17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.

The place is slightly neater and cleaner than usual. That's both unusual and pleasant. February was major house-cleaning month, then we went on holidays so the place is still clean.

I'm at home, surrounded by things I like.

There are photos I have taken recently showing on my second computer screen.

18. Have a 'no plans' day and notice how that feels or If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.

Today, I casually worked my way through part of the garden, catching up on some of the weeding.
    And we went for a short 10 km bicycle ride.
    And I've been colouring. :)

19. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    :heart:

20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.

Walking - 3.57 km

Cycling - 10.27 km

z6nik83nkcds.png

21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.

I have music on all day. Most times I'm doing things, sometimes I'm not.

More cycling today ...

bqfierqjcrq9.png

22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.

I was warmly welcomed back!!

And immediately swamped with work! It's going to be a challenge but it's nice to have a certain degree of freedom - autonomy!

26. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    27. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    28. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    29. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    30. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    31. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    32. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    33. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    34. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.

Machka in Oz

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Debbie I used to mix about one third sweet tea to two thirds unsweetened to get it reasonably sweetened. It's like straight high fructose corn syrup. I haven't been to that place lately though. I used to meet my college buddy for lunch, but he had a stroke. He's doing much better, but not driving much yet.

Barbara take care! Hope you are feeling better soon!

And Kylia! So sorry to hear you went through that allergic reaction. So draining! And scary heart issues on top of it all. What a low blow. But it sounds like you handled it with grace and competence, as always. It's good for your DH to get a peek at running the shop without you for a few days. How did he react to that?

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)Annie, self congratulations and being your own cheerleader are excellent strategies for success. Doing what you should be doing because you want to and praising yourself for it will help assure that you keep doing it.

:)Kylia, glad you found a med that works without all the side effects. You've had a rough go lately, but a good chance to back away from the stress at work.

:)Margaret, I love musical theatre but since we won't go anywhere with groups of people, I have to content myself with You Tube videos.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Kelly... I use both my computer and iPhone with MFP. The iPhone app alphabetizes my recipes without being on premium.

Beth
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Welcome new ladies!- I have never felt the need for Premium; unless it alphabetizes the recipe's we put in the system. That would be helpful. I just use the plain old mfp and it works fine. JUmp in when you feel the urge. We are chatty; feel free to skim. Many of do this.
    Water- Because drinking a lot of water puts me in the bathroom more often; my schedule is like this:
    5:00 am 10 oz water
    between 5:30 and 7:30 I will drink a cup of coffee, eat breakfast and drink about 30 more oz of water
    Nothing to drink except small sips when needed between 7:30 and 1:00
    1:00-3:00pm eat lunch and drink another 40 oz of water
    Nothing to drink until 5:00pm
    5:00pm- 7:00pm 10-20 more oz of water. A light dinner (usually cucumbers, cheese, plain popcorn) at 6pm.
    8:00 pm 8 oz of water
    in bed by 9pm
    This weird schedule was set to keep me out of the bathroom while the kids are here. All he11 breaks loose when I am in the bathroom. I am positive the youngest ones think I have vanished from the face of the earth as soon as I close the bathroom door. As a matter of fact; I made a meme of what happens when I am in the bathroom.
    myok9di3o027.jpg
    jwbxyj82b0vk.jpg

Anyway, today is a much calmer day with only five kiddos here. I might be able to pee without the drama.
    Pip I will take that link whenever you have time to send it to me. Sorry to hear about Lucy's health/walking issues. But you and Kirby are such good dog parents; she is in good hands. Cute pic of you and your brother, too.

Kids here. Gotta fly. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Here’s my QR code

jdej33whwo6e.jpeg

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Hi I haven’t done my fitness pal in awhile. I’m trying to decide if I want to go premium. It looks like if I don’t it only tracks my calorie and from what I’ve had today I’m not using enough calories. And it I’m replying on someone post I’m sorry. I don’t know how to start my own post.

You are part of this group now and don’t need to start another line. Just post at any point in the thread and we will see it.

What would you like us to call you? Grandmagege is long to type! I go by RVRita or Rita because I live in a camper and run a campground. My handle on this thread is kevrit so will answer to any of those. The posts on here are public and there are no private threads. This is a great place to share, vent, or just say hello. This is the only chat group I belong to and have been a part of since the beginning. I love these gals and we welcome new people every day. We can a lot so visit often!

RVRita in NM
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    March, 2023 Action for happiness.org

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate my dogs.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 7/15-(100%,100%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 20/31 (84%,86%,)
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder)
    Meditation: daily. 19/31 (82%(started Feb))

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 9/8–(100%,100%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9484, 9104, 9417 (7,700,100%-9851,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 9/158/ —(100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)25/64–(100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2—(100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 10/20-(100%,88%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 10/12 (100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——3/12—(100%.100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71(100%,100%,100)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world. The blue water of Lea Lake, Snow on the mountains at a distance, walking a nature trail. All at Bottomless Lakes State Park.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I am healthy and above ground. I can walk,talk,hear, see, taste, and smell (mostly). I appreciate that I alive and have a healthy body.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. I will try…
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. I sent texts to my long distance friends to send them love.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. Most days are like that for me. So much less stress!
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day. Sounds like a plan.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food. Started at breakfast.
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. I will need to keep this in the front of my mind all day.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face. Every day!
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee. In the process of doing that right now!
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying. I will have to really try to get this done today.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today. I love doing this!
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do. I made a necessary task to go for a liver scan enjoyable by buying lunch for myself for a change.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly. I really need to do this today! Didn’t remember to do this.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity. I have stones to paint. Will be distributing along the trails in exchange for free peddle boat and paddle board rentals. Didn’t do this. Too windy out. I colored instead.
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant. Will do. 1. Lady wanting us to cut a lock off of her propane tank. 2. The rock formations around the park. 3. The lake surface when wind blows over it.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down. I will consciously try to do this. I completed this!
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are. Easy here. I do it every day! Appreciation list in spoiler
    The blues,of the lake
    20. BirdsTweeting in the sky and trees
    21. Birds drinking water out of a plastic cover
    22. Kids laughing
    23. Salty look of the sand
    24. The piles of dirt along dug out canal
    25. The blue sky with wispy clouds
    26. The strong cold wind
    27. The boardwalk
    28. The hides to watch birds
    29. The blue ponds made by the canal
    30. The ducks swimming in the ponds
    31. The quack of the ducks
    32. The snow cap mountains in the distance
    33. The white dry spots of salt and Lyme along the trail
    34. The dead branches and bushes along the budding ones
    35. A spot of green here and there
    36. The red of branches preparing for spring
    37. The bubbling water in the canal
    38. The beginning green of the salt Cedars
    39. The baby fish in the puddling waters of canal overflow
    40. The mud sludge gathering under the bridge
    41. The brown prairie grass bending in the wind
    42. The tall swamp grass bowing down
    43. The bubbling water as it splashed out from under the bridge
    44. The white salty mounds along the dirt trail
    45. Holes dug by animals for burrows
    46. Tumbleweeds trapped in the brush
    47. The coo of a dove welcoming me back from the walk
    48. 20.Focus on what makes you and others happy today. Going to try!
    49. 21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else. I listened to music while walking, but not just sitting still.
    50. 22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult. I’ll watch for an opportunity.
    51. 23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    52. 24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    53. 25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    54. 26. Choose to spend less times looking at screens today.
    55. 27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    56. 28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    57. 29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    58. 30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    59. 31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.
    Barbie's Happiness Commandments

Be Barbie
    Lighten up
    Do it now
    Dance more
    Choose strategy over willpower
    Cultivate an attitude of gratitude
    Come from a place of love
    Stay in the moment
    Act the way you want to feel
    Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
    Don't expect praise or recognition
    It is what it is
    Don't take things personally
    Treat yourself like a toddler
    What's fun for other people may not be fun for you, and vice versa
    You can choose what you do, but you can't choose what you like
    Be kind, no exceptions
    Ask always, how could my life be better with less?

RVRita