Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good evening,

Lana - can you walk inside? I know I make myself almost dizzy walking around my place, but at least it is something.

It rains then it doesnt, it looks like 3 days together with sun and no rain coming up. I better get those steps in those days. Salt is making the scale go upwards - soup from the cafe.....

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    edited March 2023
    orjeondn3o0x.jpeg
    *** March 23 ***

Good morning all~~

What a gloomy day here today. Boo hoo.....

Sara - yesterday the pool boys were here from 10am to 7:30pm working on a new equipment install. I "was a prisoner in my own house" and managed to clock 3.5 miles without even trying.
    I also ate ton of salty snacks, cold cuts, and canned soup. The scale this morning was nasty.

Yes, the pool boys are very easy on the eyes, but they are originally from New Jersey, so do not have that certain je ne sais quoi to be good Cabana Boys~~

Wishing everyone a great day 💖

Lana

268.0 today
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Good Evening!

Sometimes I wish I could get hypnotized so I wouldn't like junk food. But that's never going to happen.

It's thundering out....haven't heard that since the early Fall.

Tomorrow I get my eyes examined. I hope I get a new prescription for glasses....I think I need them.

TGIF tomorrow?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana - dont you remember?? Eye candy means eye candy. Not ear candy. Just be glad you had men worth looking at. Perhaps they were French and put on a Jersey accent to throw you off.

Personally I am just glad it is almost Friday. Another day of walking a lot and tossing my calories away on junk food.

• Tilliesmommy1
    TGIF and Happy Friday,

Good news, I walked 7k. Bad news I got Easter Candy. It is Friday and at the moment it is not that I dont care, but I will have to walk more tomorrow.

• LanaCabana537
    di0uiedc3dkq.jpeg
    *** March 25 ***

Happy Saturday everyone~~

Obviously, I missed posting here yesterday. I started to and then...... *shiny things*.....

Sara - that is amazing about 7K!! Atta girl! As for the Easter Candy - "enjoy in moderation".

Crochetluvr, how did your eye exam go? You are reminding me that I need a new prescription for computer glasses. They would help my neck a great deal; I always hold my head funny at the computer in order to find that sweet spot in the progressives. Not good.

We have a mixed weather bag today.

*settling down in favorite lounge chair for catnap 🌴*

Lana

266.2 today
  • Crochetluvr
    Happy Saturday!

Lana, my exam was a mixed bag. The good news is there is no diabetes in my eyes. No progression in my macular degeneration either. BUT the cataract in my right eye is getting worse. It's not critical yet but the Dr thinks I will eventually have to have it removed. A new prescription for glasses will help some, too. I only notice the cataract when I cover my left eye and only look out of my right but the left eye is compensating for that for now. So he will continue to monitor it for now. And I get you with the progressive lenses....that's how I knew I was ready for a new prescription. ;)

Having a friend over today for company. I need it....need to keep my mind off the financial situation. Sitting here going over bills figuring out what I can pay and what will have to wait. It's not a comfortable feeling.

I need ice cream...LOL!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Crochetluvr - Did your friend bring ice cream? Okay, having company during stress is a nice distraction.

Did not put my pedometer on this morning as I roamed the Asian market. Boo on me.

International day with food. Nutrition is debatable, but I get points for trying new things. Mochi doughnut with redbean paste inside, coffee bun (korean) and horchata boba drink. Not all at the same time.

• LanaCabana537
    844qbjyji5ix.jpeg
    *** March 26 ***

Happy Sunday All~~

Sara - I applaud your daring in trying new things. I'll have to look up what your drink was.

Crochetluvr - glad to hear that there is no progression with your macular degeneration. Cataracts get worse and worse, and then it's a relief when they can be removed with surgery. You may have an option at that time to correct your vision in that eye. My sister, 66 years old, doesn't have to wear eyeglasses after having her cataracts removed. I understand that the MD factors into your future results.
    Hugs on the financials. I know what it's like to not be able to make ends meet.

I am so very sleepy. I couldn't fall back asleep after waking up at 4:30AM. Too much on my mind.

Lana

265.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Sunday,

Laundry is the word of the day. Nice to get it done.

Tomorrow is root canal. I get off early from work (never a bad thing) and hope to get some stamps at post office before going to dentist.

I did not prepare any food this weekend. I do not know why I am shocked, I was fine with doing absolutely nothing this weekend.

• LanaCabana537
    3y6b3xky7p0z.jpeg
    *** March 27 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - I'm sending you good vibes for smooth sailing for your dental work today.
    🌴 Cabana Boys will be arriving for hand holding during....and plenty of attention and pillow fluffing at home afterwards. 🌴

It's another rainy, gloomy day here. I am grateful that the birds are chirping away and carrying on with their day - inspiring!

Lana

265.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Dental visit did not resolve issue, my roots were too small for him without a microscope. So.... another apt Wednesday mid- morning, 2hours at the Dentist and I will take rest of day off as I am usually so loopy and tired that I will be no good.

Oh how to reward myself? I am thinking small pieces of furniture - I may be able to find things not too expensive.

Tonight is a liquid diet and I am okay with that. Will find the most comfort I can and call it a day.

• Crochetluvr
    Hello again,

Tilliesmommy....my friend took me out to dinner. Took home a piece of Baklava Cheesecake. I gave some to my friend, but haven't tried it myself yet. Tomorrow for after dinner dessert.

Lana...If my Medicare premiums continue to be paid for by the state, the cataract surgery will be more of an option. Have to wait and see if my reapplication is approved. The waiting is tough, but I am at the same time afraid to get the letter with the decision.

Got my nails done today....that always helps to pick me up a bit. Robin's egg blue. Tomorrow the car gets an oil change.

Goodnight everyone!
  • LanaCabana537
    fgjq7e5hkwop.jpeg
    *** March 28 ***

Oh Sara - you have to go back? Sorry to hear that. Liquid diet (from dentist) always means milkshakes to me!! Good luck on Wednesday 🍀

Crochetluvr - robin's egg blue is a great color!

Today was a busy and tiring one for me. Glad it's over with.

Lana

266.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Slowly dissecting a very small sub sandwich and eating with half a face. I figure tomorrow will be mac and cheese.

Robin's egg blue is a beautiful and happy color!!

Lana - I wish I had a milkshake, but cold irritates that tooth and always has. Doesnt mean I cant have it down the road.......

Rain here and got lucky it walking home - it has been really heavy rain off and on today.

• Crochetluvr
    Good evening!

Had a nice day. My friend took me out for brunch. Got the oil changed in the car...mechanic said everything looks good. I do need one repair (nothing major) but it will cost over $200 so I have to put that off for a while.

Tilliesmommy - It was a dreary day here, too, but the forecast is for brighter weather ahead. And speaking of furniture, I plan to go to a used furniture store and see if I can find an inexpensive cabinet to display my depression glass. It's mostly sitting on a table and really needs to be displayed properly. It's the only thing I own (besides my car) that is worth anything. And it's all I can leave to my daughter when I am gone.

Lana - hope you have a less tiring day tomorrow.

Goodnight!

• LanaCabana537
    vybps25cx55c.jpeg
    *** March 29 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - I'll be thinking of you at the dentist today 🤗

Crochetluvr - good luck on your quest for a display cabinet!

Time to jump into the shower~~

Waves to all who stop by later on 🌊🌊🌊

Lana

265.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Tooth is saveable, but I have already taken tylenol as I know this one will be sore. Chocolate cake is the reward for doing this and it is ordered and we shall see if it arrives.

Lady who drove me left her lights on and we had to wait for a jump start. We just took advantage and had a nice chat.

Cloudy and rainy and good reason to take a nap, but that might be in awhile.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Crochetluvr
    Good Early Evening!

Today was a turned-down day, as they say. I finally broke up some boxes that were piled up in my spare room so they are ready for the recycle dumpster. And I won a raffle...a basket of doggie treats and toys for my Maltese, Qamar. He will love it!

Food wise was not too bad a day....the only cheat was one Cadbury Caramel egg. Drinking lots of water,

Tilliesmommy - Glad your tooth was saved! So far the only teeth I have had pulled are wisdom teeth, many years ago.

Lana - Hope you had a good day! I think Saturday I will go looking for a cabinet. I need to wash all my glass, though...that will be a project since you can't put it in the dishwasher.

Have a relaxing evening, all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

No pain here, for which I am very grateful. Tomorrow is Friday and that is also very nice.

I have 2 Easter Bunnies both are chocolate to give away at our department gathering on the 11th. I have Trivia contest questions that I will print out and they will take. Some are easier than others.

Lana I hope you are doing well.

Like Crochetluvr I had a corner of food boxes, the full bag went after work to the garbage bin,and while I was waiting for my microwave food (need soft food for a couple days), I broke down the rest. Why I cant do it as I go? Too lazy.

Wishing all a good night. Stays safe and sane out there.