Sweet Tooth

AndreaDee23
AndreaDee23 Posts: 10 Member
I am trying to lose weight and eat better but am getting sweet cravings at night. What are some healthier options I can make as a sweet snack? Thanks!

Replies

• tina9617
    tina9617 Posts: 1 Member
    Sugar free jello
    Sugar free pudding packets made with water and then frozen
    Sugar free popsicle

A spoon full of minced garlic or kimchi
  • bethstudt3519
    bethstudt3519 Posts: 1 Member
    Built bars - so yummy and loaded with protein!
  • laurosaurusrex
    laurosaurusrex Posts: 66 Member
    Not sure the calorie range you’re looking for, but I swear by Lil Buff Cakes. I’m not vegan, but their vegan line tastes better than the normal one IMO.

They hit the spot and have decent amount of protein and fiber too! :)
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    It requires self control (which admittedly I'm not the King of haha) but I have a bag of Werthers Original sugar free chewy Caramels in my desk at work. They are only 20 calories per caramel. I love them. If I have a craving I'll suck on a couple while I'm working on an email or on a call.
  • spendarvis13
    spendarvis13 Posts: 1 Member
    Yasso bars have been my savior for late night cravings
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    I have never been a sweets girl…until on this diet. I can go all day long to dinner being finished, feel full and satiated and then from nowhere…I get blasted with a sweet tooth craving, ravenous, going to die if I don’t give in. It usually strikes about 10 pm. The healthiest I have come up with is to do plain Greek yogurt, wheat germ, flax seeds, walnuts, pecans, almonds, vanilla extract, honey, cocoa nibs, blueberries, strawberries…only ingredients/toppings with only 1 ingredient on the label and never too much of anything. If I save calories and macros, I can fit it into my day without blowing it. I have also done smoothies…same ingredients but thinning with almond milk or the like and even adding kale for nutrient boost. I try to avoid all sugars or sugar substitutes, and only use the honey sparingly. Dark chocolate and natural one ingredient nut butter can also do it.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,810 Member
    Try a piece of cheese.
  • Dreamroper
    Dreamroper Posts: 37 Member
    I have this exact problem as well. Sometimes sweet, seedless grapes will do the trick, but I struggle with these cravings too.
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Dark chocolate is a classic. But, I'll often have plain yogurt with some fruit or low calories maple syrup (I like Lakanto's best). I've also recently been making some desserts from this "healthy" dessert website. Not all of the recipes are low calorie, but if you make these blondies with a low calorie sugar substitute, they're around 100 calories a piece. They really satisfied my sweet craving, were nice and gooey, and had a little bit of fiber and protein to boot! https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-chip-blondies-and-theyre-good-for-you/
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 824 Member
    edited April 2023
    I second fruit and extra dark chocolate.

For me, berries are my fav or a square of Theo’s 85% dark chocolate.
  • creamer69
    creamer69 Posts: 2 Member
    Dark chocolate also has a good amount of iron. For my anemic baddies out there. ;)
  • Flexin74
    Flexin74 Posts: 16 Member
    Lite N Fit Greek yogurt with berries, Atkins Endulge sweets, Fiber one sweets, Fit Crunch protein bars, One protein bars. I also make my own desserts using coconut flour and Monkfruit sweetener. You can find many recipes online with those ingredients or similar. Also the sugar free brownie mixes by Pillsbury are pretty good.
  • foofoo967
    foofoo967 Posts: 1 Member
    I keep a bag of frozen, sliced strawberries in my freezer. I use about 3/4 cup, thaw slightly and then put Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup on top. Yum! And less than 100 calories
  • tuttboy
    tuttboy Posts: 13 Member
    Add sweet potatoes into your diet? Sweet potato pancakes are great.