JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited March 2023
    Recap R 3/23
    1) Move hourly :smiley: 15.3K 28 floors 12/14
    2) Walk dog after webinar :smiley: 4.09 mi wearing spring jacket & not winter coat! happy me & happy dog
    3) Leftover spaghetti (sauce is defrosting) for supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water :s Oops... net cals red 710, sodium about that, fiber & protein excellent, carbs & fat not bad, 88 oz. water
    4) Deep-clean vacuum downstairs (done, with hubby's help) / webinar 2-3 / meal plan & grocery list / digital declutter / clear some papers / another ta-da? :smiley:
    5) Floss / retainers / pray :) 2x

Recap F 3/24
    1) Move hourly 15.7K 34 floors 10/14
    2) Walk dog :smiley: 4.2 mi another spring jacket day = happy me & happy dog
    3) More leftover spaghetti / net calories zero / 72 oz. water :smiley: Net cals green 3 :p , sodium -827, fiber & fat excellent, protein ok, carbs good, 72 oz water
    4) Grocery shopping / digital declutter / prep veggies for pot roast / prep overnight oats / clear some papers :smiley:
    5) Floss / retainers / pray :smiley: 3x

JFT Sat. 3/25 ~ kind of lazy day at home & that's ok
    1) Shovel snow while hubby snowblows, when it finally! ends
    2) Leftover soup & sandwich for lunch / pot roast w/ veggies for supper / net calories zero / 72 oz. water
    3) Veggies & roast in slow cooker / prep overnight oats (early start to Sunday) / any other ta-da is good
    4) Floss / retainers / pray / alarm 6:15 (be at church 7:20 a.m. for choir warm-ups & 2 services)

Yesterday didn't go exactly as planned, since our tax preparer (a friend & former co-worker of mine) was in town for meetings/lunch, and asked last minute if she could drop by with tax returns. Of course, I said yes. Surprised to learn we get refunds from both IRS and state this year, with hubby & I both taking retirement during last year. She also did some analysis for retirement w/d's to take into account tax consequences. So very happy she is able to advise us like this. Of course we pay her, but I think we get a real deal with our money. She came over a little later than I thought, we talked about finances & of course other stuff. I left late afternoon to walk dog, but I knew we might get a bit of snow, so forced myself to take advantage of nice weather day. I was stunned to wake up to another Winter Weather Advisory until 4p.m. today. Thought we'd maybe get a few inches hahaha.

@PackerFanInGB Here's my snow photo this morning. You don't even notice the patio in the foreground, but you can see the snow falling LOL. When I measured, we had 7" fresh snow at that time.
    t1pes6hambhi.jpg

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11] Day 51

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    March 1x6 days, 1x5 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add ~ learned of Pi Day race, but did not enter
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    🫶🌱💎🌿🪞🫶🪞🌿💎🌱🫶
    🫶🌱💎 March 2023 💎🌱🫶
    🫶🌱💎🌿🪞🫶🪞🌿💎🌱🫶

Preparing of a display of my Monday Painters work next week so time for comments is short.

March focus:
    📍Focus: Positive thinking
    Gratitude meditation:
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits
    Gratitude meditation
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎
    Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

🫶 Terri

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    @Bex953172 i let my youngest get on tic toc & snap chat in 8th grade, she wanted it earlier. I also had her passwords and could check her accounts. Patenting I’d hard, but you are doing a great job!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Went again to find my goals ,, only to find out I did not post last nite.
    But .. today was the half marathon from H*** that my daughter ran.
    Yesterday, we got almost 3" of rain. I knew the half marathon was on whats called the katy trail.. which is a biking trail, and in many places, has rock on it.
    We got to the race at 8 am. My plan was to walk to trail for about 90 minutes, then wait and watch the runners come in the rest of the time. She usually completes the 13 miles in about 2 hrs, 30 minutes.
    Well.. the race started at 8am. It was 42 degrees, but misty rainy, and very windy! I filled the car up with gas, and by that time the rain had stopped. So I bundled up for my walk.. windchills in the 20s with the wind.
    the trail was all mud!! And I am talking about mud all the way. I still walked for 90 minutes... but had to walk so slowly and carefully because I was afraid of falling. Many times I walked off the trail and in the woods where there was at least leaves.. but it was a huge mess.
    then went back and waited for the runners. Daughter calls at 11 .. saying she's not sure how far away she was from the finish line, but had to go slow because of the mud.
    She finished the race at 12:30 -- 4 hrs, 30 minutes. But she was so stressed all the way home. She came out tonite.. told me the trail also went through 3 creeks that were overflowing.. andthey had to run through the creeks! I am kinda upset with the organizers that they didn't either re-route the marathons, or push it back to a different date. Needless to say.. a long saturday, as we didn't get home until almost 1:15.
    And my legs hurt so much. I think its probably because I was not walking normally.. bracing myself so I would not fall. That. .and sitting in a car for another 2 hours waiting!!
    But got home, took a shower and a short nap... ordered in pizza, had a couple margaritas with hubby in the patio room.. and tonite I will sew!
    Goals for tomorrow will be to rest. Monday I am getting 5 cubic yards of compost delivered, so I will be working the next 2 days with my little wagon spreading it on my flower beds.
    So, JFT, SUn
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. plan the weeks meals. This is still a struggle for me with planning
    4. mindful eating
    5. finish quilt
    6. take it easy with hubby!.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited March 2023
    @cschmitz110515 and @PackerfaninGB ... OH MY!!! The snow pictures are beautiful, and I knew up north you guys were getting snow! We got about 3" of rain .. thankfully it was not snow. I know I, and so many, are SO ready for spring. But .. you've got to enjoy those beautiful pictures.. just hope it goes away soon! Funny, on my facebook feed it showed a picture I posted 10 years ago where we got that much snow! We never know.. we can still get snow into April. But .. spring will be here for you soon also!
    @Bex -- I feel so much for you being a parent in these days. I tell my husband all the time, I am so glad we are not raising kids. WIth all the social media.. kids are growing up to fast,.. and not being kids.. playing outside, doing things with friends, etc. My 17 yr old has snapchat.. I love it because he snapchapts with me probably 3-4x a day. But .. he is 17. Personally, I do feel that 9 years old is way too young.. no matter what she tells you her friends have! With what we hear on the news about so much more teen depression, etc.. and mostly caused by social media. These young minds cannot handle what happens on social media, and it can be awful. I would try and keep her from it as long as you can. But then again... I am not her parent.. you are. And you know better the way she is, and how mature she is, etc. But even for our 17 year old, my son has parental control, and many times they have taken his phone away for a long period because of where he is searching and going to on social media. I worry all the time who he is writing to. Its a different world than when our kids were that age. At age 9, my daughter was till playing with barbie dolls.
    @TerriRichardson112 - would love to see some of your displays! I remember you as being so talented!
    @beachwalker99 That is so cool your son being into robotics! Our youngest grandson loves building them in school. THis must be a rewarding career for you son!
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Yesterday went off the rails… did good until I didn’t…got together w neighbors had few to many beers. Feel like crap today… mostly from guilt and poor sleep.
    Little bit worried my big kitty cat Cozzy seems to have something going on with his belly this morning… usually he eats like a vacuum…
    Didn’t eat much
    He’s been to the litter box probably 10 times this am
    Knowing him he could have eaten something he shouldn’t have.
    He’s not acting like himself though… will see how he does over the morning. I’m worried there is a vet visit in his near future
    Hope he’s ok… he’s 100% the best cat on earth
    Plan for today
    Trainer ride
    Group ride
    Grocery shop
    Log all food
    No more than 2 beers
    750 calorie deficit
    12 glasses of water
    Keep close eye on kitty cat
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 213 Member
    Good Morning!

I've been a bit MIA because of a very stressful week last week at work - the old boss was fired and a new boss came in and fired the person I was working with...super bummer and now there's all this anxiety like "will I be next?" I don't think I will but still, it's now a stressful environment. Thankfully I'm still WFH because going into the office with this cloud every day would be brutal. Last week I didn't respond as well as I could have in terms of sticking to healthy eating, but I still didn't bring any alcohol into the house and DH and I stuck to our pool schedule so that's a win. I'm gonna take a deep breath and get back to healthy eating today.

We're also gearing up to give our kitchen a serious refresh - keeping the footprint the same but painting the cabinets white (FINALLY I got DH to agree to white cabinets, he's convinced they'll always look filthy), replacing the gross floor with all the cracked tiles (and leveling it to be even with the hardwood floor leading into the DR/LR which hadn't been done - so anyone sitting at the counter is on a slant!! :P), replacing the nasty sink with a gorgeous white farmhouse sink & updating the faucet (I'd love one of those big chef-y industrial pull-down faucets but our sink is only 24", I think a massive faucet and a small sink would look a little silly ha ha) then of course our dishwasher has been on its last legs for over a year (and looks it) so we're getting a new DW as well. Veerrryyyyy exciting stuff but also nerve-wracking (I should probably be waiting until the fall when we have more saved but now my heart is set on this and I want it NOW!! So some will have to live on a credit card for a bit.) Our contractor is a guy who does most of the work himself which is good for our budget and the quality of workmanship, but it takes much longer than a crew that would just come in and bang this out in a few days - we'll probably be without our kitchen for a solid two weeks. But the end result is going to be gorgeous!!!! And it will pay for itself when it comes time to sell the house - it will give it a nice classic look that will have a wide appeal. Anyway blah blah blah this kitchen is all I'm thinking about at the moment. That and hoping I don't get fired lol! OK gotta run, we're gonna get to the pool. Have a great day everyone!
    JFT:
    1. Pool workout with DH
    2. walk by the beach and enjoy the sun!
    3. meal prep- protein bars, American Chop Suey & rainbow salad for DH
    4. mentally try to relax and prepare for next week at work.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    Yesterday was fun. Sierra was racing in Morgantown. We took the puppy up to meet her for the first time. She had tears in here eyes when she see her, but had to wait ~30 minutes to come visit her. Derigging boats and all. Gia was totally worn out from all the walking and loving. We took Sierra home from the race so she got to snuggle in the back seat with her pup for about an hour and a half. We talked and visited in the car, it was really nice. We couldn’t really go out for dinner with the pooch so we headed home. It was a good day.

Nothing really planned today.

JFT Sunday
    - puppy stuff 😀
    - Church 😟
    - Nap
    - clean up garage
    - Work on Gaston’s blunderbuster
    - Shower
    - Need by 11:00
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member

Just for Saturday
    • 24H Plan & Assess :)Done
    • Water 64 oz by 7 pm :(
    • Get out of the house after the roads are plowed. :(Roads were crap. Didn't go anywhere. Accidents everywhere! We ended up getting over 15" of snow!
    • To-Do's & Ta-Da's: Floors. Dust. Windows (inside) in kitchen and dining room. Homemade soup. Cookies. Bread? :)Ended up doing general housework and then went down the Netflix rabbit hole... Sure have been lazy lately! I can't wait for warmer weather!
    • Close Activity Rings :( Nope. Didn't even try. Was pissed at Mother Nature all day! :lol:
    • 30 minutes in sewing room - Finish blocks for the top of Table Runner. :(
    • Day #2 of Sewing Room Declutter with "Just Get It Done" :(
    • Intentional Self Care for 30 minutes - Manicure? Spend time reading in Book Nook? Bubble bath? :)
    • Bedtime Routine: Begin getting ready 30 minutes before. Read for 1 hour before lights out. :)

@cschmitz110515 Wasn't that snow storm crazy?! We ended up with over 15" of snow, and a friend of mine from Oconto only got 6". I'm so happy to see the roads are already melting and even dry in some spots. Was really icy this morning! I feel bad for the poor robins waiting for nightcrawlers to magically appear from under the snow... ;)

Yesterday I was so irritated looking at the snow and I knew no matter what plans I made, I was going to eat whatever the heck I wanted and sit on my butt watching TV. A "Calgon, take me away..." moment. Most of you are probably too young to recognize that reference....(Good Lord, I'm getting old).

So, rather than making a big pot of soup and baking bread, I had a bag of popcorn and ice cream for dinner, and snacked on brownies and crackers and cheese. I watched Netflix and did absolutely nothing...to the point that my butt hurt from sitting so long. So, my goal today is to do better than that, which shouldn't exactly be hard... :wink:

Just for Sunday
    • 24H Plan & Assessment
    • 64 oz of water before 7pm
    • Close activity rings on Apple watch
    • 30 minutes sewing
    • Day 2 of Sewing Room Declutter
    • Run to Aldi's for bread & cream cheese
    • Journal / Readings / Reflection
    • Evening Routine

WOTY 2023: Balance

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited March 2023
    Recap Sat. 3/25 ~ kind of lazy day at home & that's ok
    1) Shovel snow while hubby snowblows, when it finally! ends :smiley: Snow ended mid- to late-afternoon, and I shoveled about 10" of wet, heavy snow while hubby did the driveway. Temp wasn't that cold, and I worked up a sweat, even Fitbit knew I had a workout.
    2) Leftover soup & sandwich for lunch / pot roast w/ veggies for supper / net calories zero / 72 oz. water :neutral: Net cals. -133 (popcorn snack), sodium green yay, fiber & carbs excellent, fat good, protein wee bit low, 72 oz. water
    3) Veggies & roast in slow cooker ~ yum! / prep overnight oats (early start to Sunday) / any other ta-da is good ~ refilled birdfeeders (got emptied during snowstorm), balanced bank accts, made bank xfer, Zelle pmt to tax preparer, scheduled credit card pmt, updated budget s/s, cleared some papers ~ a good day :smiley: TA-DA!
    4) Floss / retainers / pray / alarm 6:15 (be at church 7:20 a.m. for choir warm-ups & 2 services) :)

JFT Sunday 3/26
    1) At church 7:20am for choir warm-ups, services at 7:45 & 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Move hourly
    3) Walk dog at tech school (I checked campus on way home from church, and lots/walkways are better than neighborhood roads)
    4) Leftovers for supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    5) Any ta-da's?
    6) Floss / retainers / pray

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11] Day 54

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    March 1x6 days, 3x5 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add ~ learned of Pi Day race, but did not enter
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    edited March 2023
    JFT for 3/25/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 3/21)✔️
    2) Nothing from DH's stash today; none of his pepitas. No more of his croissants, either!✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/24)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 3/27.✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)✔️Didn't eat today.
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️Didn't eat today.
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/14)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/16)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) None of gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/21)✔️
    12) No more of the toffee nuts or pistachios or cashews (after today) from the gift nuts - leave for DH.✔️
    13) Hummus ok today. (last 3/22)✔️Didn't eat today.
    14) No dates today.✔️
    15) Can eat dinner early with FIL, can eat what I want.✔️

JFT for 3/26/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 3/21)
    2) Nothing from DH's stash today; none of his pepitas. No more of his croissants, either!
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/24)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 3/27.
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/14)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/16)
    11) Can have up to 1.5 oz of gift fruits my friend gave us today. (last 3/21)
    12) No more of the toffee nuts or pistachios or cashews (after today) from the gift nuts - leave for DH.
    13) Hummus ok today. (last 3/22)
    14) Can have dates today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    edited March 2023
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. No more dates today. Those things are super good! Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my cocoa, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hey everyone! Thanks for your replies regarding the internet and kids. Haha knew I was right. I really doubt myself as a parent sometimes 😂

I don't think my parents would be impressed if they knew what I got up to on the internet back in them days.

Personally I don't have social media. I don't have Facebook, or Insta or Snap or Twitter. It actually affects my mental health pretty bad.
    Facebook I find highly passive aggressive. You never know if something about you. And people only post the best stuff in their lives making it seem like they're lives are amazing and that gets to me too..like what am I doing wrong? Why don't I have a life like that?
    But it's fake, but it's hard to determine the fake from the genuine so I just don't have it because I can get really sucked in.

I don't want the same for my girls.

I didn't get a phone until I was 13. And only because I found a Nokia "brick" in the cellar which was already ancient even in 2004. I looked ridiculous with it. But when my parents realised I can use it to contact them and let them know I'm safe etc and safely meet up with friends they let me keep it and then bought me a more up to date phone 😂

Anyway enough of that cause it's irrelevant to the thread but thank you for your replies!

Don't really know what to do with my goals. I can't connect the Amazon box to the WiFi so can't load YouTube onto that for fitness videos.
    Ash still hasn't repaired the stepper which he'll get nagged at for later.

Don't really know what to do eating wise because I don't really feel like eating that much lately and when I do I'm just eating rubbish.
    My food preferences change alot, one week I like it and binge eat on something then the next week I'm like no. But I'm at the stage where there's nothing really I fancy so it's hard to make decisions on what to eat.

I dunno. I know I'm feeling very self conscious lately. Still wearing my coat and stuff and we've had a couple of sunny days here
    Still cold but a hoodie and light jacket keeps you warm enough when you're walking but the winter coat is sweltering but I want to hide everything.
    So I'm dreading summer, I'm wondering if I can even make any noticeable changes by summer :/

So I guess I'm stuck in limbo for now until I can decide what I want to do.

I know I need routine, but I also hate routine and can't stick to it but I need it to be functional.

Why can't life just be simple 😂?
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 213 Member
    Met most of my goals yesterday - did meal prep and then some, DH is set for the next 3 weeks or so, and I already have a bunch prepped for myself. I didn't get the walk in but DH and I parked our butts in the backyard and enjoyed the sun that way. :) We had already done a pool workout so just sitting in the yard probably did us more good mentally...If I don't feel like I got to seriously relax over the weekend I can get to pouting which can lead to going off the rails, so...I just have to stay calm today with the stress at work and do my best. Will get a yoga stretch in to quiet my brain. Make it a good day everyone!

JFT:
    1. Log and stay within calories
    2. strength workout & stretch
    3. 100 oz of water
    4. Get through the day and just stay calm. If anxiety starts to get too much step out for a 10 minute walk and go breathe by the water.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Goals for 3/27
    - Log all food
    - 40 oz of water
    - Finish taxes
    - Crochet
    - Yoga

Still trying to fight my way out of burnout - it’s exhausting for sure. Gotta start somewhere to get back into some type of routine so I might as well start today.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited March 2023
    JFT Monday
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT. Review emails.
    2. Online facilitation - Cover classes. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Grade late assignments. Journal. Create trivia sets for Blooket and Gimkit?
    3. Pit Crew - OUTSIDE!
    4. Planning - Reading (Libby). Update Goodreads! Do some deep stretchy squats and some crunches.
    5. English class - DGP 8 / Lesson: Indefinite pronouns/ Practice - "Where I'm From" poem creation / Closer = NRI 3.2
    6. Lift! HEAD HOME.
    7. Sort clothes? Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: SJ video. Intro for Secret Adversary. Bike ride? Dinner: Not sure. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA & tweetchats on anon; library volunteering; massage. Park walk? Used bookstore? Sun RC; podcast. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom; keep blankets and pillows (and PJs!) in bedroom. Move OUR blankets and pillows to bedroom; keep atop bookshelf.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 202.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Mar 23 4p. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric May 1 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? (Mar 25)

13. Therapy thoughts: Achieving fitness goals is especially difficult when snacking is apparently the only effective, inexpensive, convenient de-stresser and I'm stressed almost all the time. Progress: Regressive behavior is now minimal. What do I do about the fact that I WANT her to sleep in her room and she doesn't seem to care? ASK about what's scary about the room. About what else in her life (now or previously) is/was like that. Trying to reflect on progress but it's hard when there's so far to go. What do I do about the fact that nothing really seems fun? "Having fun" is something of a chore.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Friday was also an amazing day – we went out to eat and as a result my weight swung WAY up on Saturday. However, I felt awful (migraine?) and didn't do much or eat much... and my weight came back down. I guess that's good? Was bummed about missing out on a BEAUTIFUL day. But it is what it is. Sunday was much better.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.