• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2023
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    edited March 2023
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    kymarai wrote: »
    So the lady wasn't there when the guys left farm which I hope is good! Maybe she just needed a quiet place to cry.

Annie eating....yesterday my eating sucked! My day started with doughnuts 🍩 that were brought as a thank you from the young man we helped in his theft incident. I ate 3! McDonald's for dinner, then peanut butter mix and chocolate 🍫 before bed. I was way over. But today I was more on track. I believe an off day keeps our souks happy and our bodies guessing! Just can't do it too often.

Kylia

I thought I was the only one that enjoyed the peanut butter w/ chocolate before bed!! Last time I added Nutella to my peanut butter. Most times I just grab a spoon full of plain peanut butter. If I have trouble sleeping, like last night, I grabbed a spoonful. Went to sleep soon after.

I like peanut butter and really like it with chocolate (Reece's Peanut Butter Cups!) but my digestive system doesn't like peanuts or peanuts butter ... or much in the way of peas.)

I go with a spoonful of pure honey before bed sometimes. Real honey can help a person sleep better.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    The sun has just risen. I have another gynae appointment this morning with a consultant. Hoping to move things forward.

Monday Painters group after lunch. Hoping to get a few more pieces for our display on Thursday at the monthly meeting.

Continued prayers for Destiny 💕

Intentions for March:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end off the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development

Intentions for today:
    📍Solid habits
    📍general chores
    📍hospital appointment
    📍Monday painters

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

March Action for Happiness:
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with awareness and kindness
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.Trees silhouetted against the sky; the appearance of snowdrops in spring; the sound of waves breaking on the shore.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I meditate on this each morning when I wake up, and am grateful for each new opportunity to have a good day.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. Positive affirmations are very powerful. Be kind to yourself, always.
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. We chatted with our girls about other family members, and raised a glass to them.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. I will do this tomorrow (7th)
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.Resisting the temptation to plan my day. Serendipity reigns today.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and email of your food. ✔️
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. I’m a great advocate of deep breathing, and find this works well.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.I wasn’t looking forward to going outside this morning as we had snow overnight and it seemed very cold. However, the sun shone in a clear blue sky, and the wind had dropped right down again, and I spent time with my eyes closed feeling the heat on my face before I went into the centre for Latin Study.
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee. Always! Gives me calm thinking time.
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying. When I tried to do this with DH this morning, he got distracted by a discussion on What the Papers Say on TV. 😝 However, we often have in-depth discussions, usually over lunc and dinner.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today. The sun was valiantly trying to break through rain clouds just after sunrise, but the forecast is for heavy showers, but I’m watching the blue patches in hope that it clears up.
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.Doing the task isn’t the problem 😝 It’s getting started that’s difficult. I sometimes put on my favourite music, or listen to a podcast.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly. Having coffee after putting away the week’s groceries. There is pink blossom on my prunus purpurea, magnolia buds are beginning to colour up, tulips and daffodils in the containers outside the window are beginning to bloom. There are lots of little birds flitting about in the trees. Spring is doing its best to banish the winter cold. This is a regular joy in my life.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity. I am preparing some paintings for a display of my Monday Painters work
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.Today it is more like autumn tha spring. There is a thick sea mist. My usual view of countryside is reduced to about 500 yards. Everything looks damp and grey.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down. Took things slow and easy today. Planning to do the same tomorrow as it’s Mother’s Day in UK.
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are. My writing desk has a lovely view of the countryside beyond houses. And there are lots of bird life flying about amongst the trees in the neighbouring gardens..
    20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today. My writing, and my art always makes me happy, and sharing it with like-minded people makes them happy. That means that today was filled with focusing on what makes myself and others happy.
    21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else. ’Love Affair’ - Rainbow Valley. (NOW! That’s 60’s)Hubby came home and disturbed me 😝
    22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult. My prep for the art display next week is going well. Most members have already given pieces for display.
    23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them. I am fully in the moment, relaxing, and contemplating what I will have for breakfast, and how I will spend my day. DH has gone out for the day so I am free as a bird so to speak. (My natural bent is positivity. I choose to be happy in the moment. I acknowledge all my feelings, but on the rare occasions when I feel down, I choose to count my blessings, put in some music and dance.)
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do. I am grateful for all the pleasure I get from working with my hands at my art and crafts.
    25 Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted. Positive thoughts are so uplifting
    26. Choose to spend less times looking at screens today. Not easy, but I will refrain from being distracted, and succumbing to any unnecessary scrolling. Machka: Not much hope of getting into the garden here as it looks like the rain has settled in for the day.
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today. I am planning to distribute as many smiles as I can today.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29. Choose a different route today and see
    what you notice.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.

• Machka9
    kevrit wrote: »
    I am doing this Happiness calendar for March. Feel free to copy or simply use it if you’d like!

March, 2023 Action for happiness.org
    RVRita
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.

Sky, sand and ocean
    15jmjq5nsagk.png

3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive.

Yesterday's 54 km bicycle ride and 5 km walk on the beach ...

4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words.

19nper8umeoo.png

5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them.

:heart:

6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels.

The only plans we had yesterday was a stroll through a neighbouring arty town to look at the shops.

7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.

I do box breathing at some point just about every day.

8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food.
    :)

9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others.
    Many times.

10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.

Afternoon walk ...

gk9c2ciwlcx2.png

11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.

Not so much today. But usually. :)

12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.

Haven't talked to anyone other than husband today.

13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.

Love watching the sky. :) Our house is especially well located for that, and at certain times of year, we get fantastic sunsets!

jomkq0tqutyd.png
    05wmx6w4ig4u.png
    7vc4lxr8ihsj.png

14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.

Laundry! I don't mind doing laundry. :)

15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.

That's about all I can do today. I haven't done anything which requires effort.

I looked up the vaccine I had yesterday. Boostrix: diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (whooping cough). I am set for 10 years!

But headache, tiredness, body aches, sore joints and nausea are common side effects ... which I am experiencing.

My doctor also informed me that the antibiotic "cocktail" I've been prescribed will make me feel ill and give me a horrible taste in my mouth. But it is only for 5 days and should do the trick.

16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.

I've been colouring these days because I'm not allowed to do much more. Fortunately, I enjoy colouring. :)

I've also been putting away laundry and rearranging a closet.

17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.

The place is slightly neater and cleaner than usual. That's both unusual and pleasant. February was major house-cleaning month, then we went on holidays so the place is still clean.

I'm at home, surrounded by things I like.

There are photos I have taken recently showing on my second computer screen.

18. Have a 'no plans' day and notice how that feels or If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.

Today, I casually worked my way through part of the garden, catching up on some of the weeding.
    And we went for a short 10 km bicycle ride.
    And I've been colouring. :)

19. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    :heart:

20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.

Walking - 3.57 km

Cycling - 10.27 km

z6nik83nkcds.png

21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.

I have music on all day. Most times I'm doing things, sometimes I'm not.

More cycling today ...

bqfierqjcrq9.png

22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.

I was warmly welcomed back!!

And immediately swamped with work! It's going to be a challenge but it's nice to have a certain degree of freedom - autonomy!

23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.

So many feelings.

I've just started this new job so there is excitement and nerves going on.

And it is the 5th anniversary of my husband's accident. I cried a while last night.

24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.

Especially typing!

But I am appreciating getting my left hand back now that it is healed from the bite. I'm mixed-handed or cross-dominant, so I use my left hand a lot and miss it when it's out of action.

25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.

Being able to move, climb, carry, walk, shovel, squat (to pull weeds) and of course ride my bicycle!

Granted, I am a little bit stiff from doing some of that yesterday for the first time in a while, but I can still do those things. :)

26. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.

No worries! I'm heading out to the garden shortly!

27. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.

Absolutely!

28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    kymarai wrote: »
    So the lady wasn't there when the guys left farm which I hope is good! Maybe she just needed a quiet place to cry.

Annie eating....yesterday my eating sucked! My day started with doughnuts 🍩 that were brought as a thank you from the young man we helped in his theft incident. I ate 3! McDonald's for dinner, then peanut butter mix and chocolate 🍫 before bed. I was way over. But today I was more on track. I believe an off day keeps our souks happy and our bodies guessing! Just can't do it too often.

Kylia

I thought I was the only one that enjoyed the peanut butter w/ chocolate before bed!! Last time I added Nutella to my peanut butter. Most times I just grab a spoon full of plain peanut butter. If I have trouble sleeping, like last night, I grabbed a spoonful. Went to sleep soon after.

I like peanut butter and really like it with chocolate (Reece's Peanut Butter Cups!) but my digestive system doesn't like peanuts or peanuts butter ... or much in the way of peas.)

I go with a spoonful of pure honey before bed sometimes. Real honey can help a person sleep better.

M in Oz

Honey and sleep ... :)

https://www.bettersleep.com/blog/does-honey-help-you-sleep/

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04207281

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/top-raw-honey-benefits#storage

• Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 426 Member
    Terri: Hope the appointment with the consultant goes okay. Enjoy your painting class!

Heather: Congrats on getting the 5k in and loved seeing pictures of the greenery and of the house!

Well I have a to do list, but it has poured rain and thundered all night and is expected to rain much of the day. I will exercise at home this morning and write thank you notes and read the book for book club. I am anxious to get to the shoe store to purchase some slip on sneakers to wear to the rescue shelter tomorrow for my first day of volunteering.

Best,
    Rosemarie from GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    Rosemarie - I love the houses in that road. They have a portico and balcony. Very continental! Of course, they are worth an absolute fortune. :o:o:o If I won the lottery I would be tempted to make them an offer they couldn't refuse! They are even nearer the sea than we are. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,578 Member
    <3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

HAPPY MONDAY!!!
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • Machka9
    Been on the phone with my daughter all weekend and much of last week... she will ship her truck on Monday next week and fly to Hawaii on Tuesday, with the dog and the two littles. Her 11-year-old son is staying in Texas with her ex-husband semi-permanently and everyone seems to have settled into that very nicely. As soon as the divorce process began from her second husband, the first one decided to become a decent human being. People do amaze me on occasion.

Her current husband, who's been there three weeks already, searched for and found a new house for them. It's all signed, sealed and he will have the keys by the time she gets there. Banks love to get military folks housing loans because, of course, they get housing allowances that pay the mortgage. (My daughter and her husband are both US Army soldiers attached to medical battalions there.)
    While they were trying to get it together to get shipped out, it seemed like a daily disaster for them, but once that played itself out, everything turned around and started going right for them, bless them. Just for instance, she couldn't get the paperwork signed to ship her truck because her ex-husband is still on the loan, so she walked into her bank, got it refinanced in her own name and got him off of it completely. It seemed like everything they touched blew up until her husband finally got to Hawaii, and now it's all turning around, fingers crossed.

The thought of going into that much debt for anything makes me twitch, but they're young, and they have the Army on their side.

Time to put my meds together for the week, and fold all the laundry that I finished yesterday. Supposed to be a beautiful day...

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

The house prices there are about what ours are here!

For example ... one I kind of like, although I'm not that keen on the stairs.
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-tas-kingston-141794796

M in Oz

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    edited March 2023
    Machka - Aren't Australian dollars much less than American? Around 0.66?
    Am I right in Hawaii it's wooden construction? With steel frame? Asphalt roof? I like the house, but my mother told me to always go for bricks and mortar. :p It would be twice the American price here in Hove, or more, depending on position, but built of bricks, or blocks, with a tile roof.. Property prices in parts of our country are ridiculous, but rents are even worse. It's a current scandal and rents are on the news a lot. I'm so glad I bought my first property at 21! Couldn't afford it now ... :s:'( Rental would be the whole of our income and more! A real worry for young people.
    I hope they are very happy there and enjoy their mortgage free period. That sounds like a great system. I'm sure they'll make it work with the split family, but it will take a lot of good will.
    Best of luck to all of them 👍 ❤️ 💜 ♥️

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,436 Member