Share Your Day

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,540 Member
    did I mention that ChatGPT is actually fairly good so far at giving correct answers to calories especially if you preface that it should limit to reputable government and university databases? It may be an interesting quick check for values in the future!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,810 Member
    I’m not sure if I recall correctly but happy birthday Laurie!
    32x4t7fe8utn.gif
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,592 Member
    Aw....Thank you, Yooly! You are right on the money, honey :)
  • lauriekallis
    Thank goodness I started the day with the scale down - because I feel it won't be tomorrow or Monday. But that is okay (I hope) since I seem to have a bit of a handle on this again. And I am turning SIXTY and it has been a week from hell and I'm so freakin' lucky to have nearby friends and family determined :) to celebrate my continued existence :D

My partner from days gone by, a pretty severe alcoholic, came by yesterday with flowers and a liquor store gift card so that I can spike my tea this week. Moved me to tears. And after last weekend...and today and tomorrow! WOW. I will try my best to be worthy of so much love. <3
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,242 Member
    Happy birthday Laurie!
  • PAV8888
    Hey! Happy birthday super artist❣️🎂🎁🎺
  • lauriekallis
    Thank-you 💖 it's been a ridiculously wonderful day.
  • Athijade
    So I have been sick since Saturday afternoon. Not sure what it was, but have been dealing with horrible nausea and tummy problems. I had a big breakfast Saturday but then barely ate Saturday afternoon until last night. I finally stomached more then like 1 scrambled egg. Feeling okay this morning so hopefully whatever it was has passed. I admit to drinking a couple Sprites but that was the one thing that helped. Sometimes you do what you have to do. In fact, I may have a mini can of Ginger Ale just to test things this morning before solid food.

Guess it is lucky I got illness out of the way BEFORE the convention.
  • Yoolypr
    Was that a sugar free Sprite Athijade? I’ve found that sugar free things give me tummy problems- maybe aspartame? Don’t know but I avoid them per doctors suggestion.
    But happy to hear you’re well and off to having fun at your convention.
  • lauriekallis
    Hope the Ginger Ale test goes/went well, Athijade.
  • lauriekallis
    After being wired as all get out immediately post-surgery until the last guest left Sunday evening - I am now just wanting to nap. lol. Last week was my "recovery" time when no one expected anything of me and I was just running full tilt on crazy adrenaline - but now that I have kind of slumped - it is my "back to life" week.

That is not going to happen.

I'm healthy and healing and all - just feeling truly post-adrenaline. Logical maybe even? My body kept the adrenaline up so I could escape from the attackers...now it figures we are far enough away we can nap.

Thank goodness I kept cooking and stocking the freezer. I can hole up until Easter no problem :)
  • Yoolypr
    Definitely get the rest you need. You’ve had a hard couple of weeks. ❣️
  • PAV8888
    Happy light hibernation❣️
  • Athijade
    Not sugar free. Just plain ol regular Sprite and Ginger Ale. I just can't do the artificial sweeteners. They either cause flares or they taste so bad. I figure if the only time I really have it is when I am sick like that then it'll be okay. I even got the mini cans of Ginger Ale so just enough to sip on.

Yesterday was... okay. I drank the Ginger Ale and then had an english muffin with peanut butter with no problem. Then I had lunch and I got SO sick after (McDonald's cheeseburger and fries). Ended up laying down for an hour on my break and then left an hour early after a meeting I had. Dinner was fine, though I ate later then normal and still was having some digestive upset.

Today I have had water (craving water) and the same english muffin. Not sure what I will do for lunch or dinner. I have to run to the bank to get cash for the convention so I may stop in the grocery store there and pick something I can just heat up.

Laurie, get some rest hun. You're body needs it. Listen to it and follow it's lead.
  • lauriekallis
    Athijade - sounds like McDonald's just doesn't get along with your body :(
  • Yoolypr
    It was a dreary dark rainy day. So un-Texas like but honestly I enjoyed it! Lovely day for reading while wrapped in a blanket and enjoying a big bowl of soup. Savoring the day cause the sun is coming back with a vengeance soon. Should have several 90 degree days by Sunday.
  • lauriekallis
    We are so far away from 90 degree days that I can't even imagine.

But for just an hour or two it would be so nice to warm up and let the sun chase the chill from my bones!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Well there’s a wide road between chasing the chill and being incinerated 🔥. We go from running the heat to cranking up the air conditioner. By the end of April it will definitely be hot summer time and full on AC all day every day.
  • PAV8888
    Was beautiful day... and I was inside with blinds shut. Last beautiful sunny day... for the next TEN! Two days from now? The rain will be snow too, before switching back to rain!
  • lauriekallis
    Yikes, Yooly. Doesn't sound like you have a very wide inbetween road in your neck of the woods.

That is a shame, PAV. We had a few moments of sunshine here - not much though - and now slush is falling from the sky.

My pup has been expelling last night's dinner on every carpet in the house and running in and out in the slush, through the recently thawed gardens that are now a beautiful black mud slush to add a bit of paw print decoration to the spots on that carpet she missed and of course to the white bedding.

I'm glad its all out now (it has to be!!!)