What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited March 2023
    Ramen soup w/pork, bok choy & Shiitake mushrooms.

qkdo72s079pb.jpg
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,692 Member
    Tuesday dinner: large salad - red leaf lettuce, cucumber, radish, jicama, avocado, cheese and chicken with a drizzle of Ranch dressing
    eqqu942xw5pv.jpg
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,692 Member
    edited March 2023
    Wednesday brunch: 2 slices peanut butter toast. Dinner: 2 chicken tacos (onion, ancho chili and cumin seasoned chicken, shredded cheese, avocado slices, salsa and a dollop of sour cream on almond flour tortillas heated over an open flame on my gas stove)
    3mxac31v4715.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,600 Member
    Takeaway Szechuan on the night we got home after a long haul flight. First night of cooking at home was spaghetti with vodka sauce pulled out of the freezer and some salad with ranch.
    89n1bc0nqxyr.jpeg
    ed07n5xfgxlc.jpeg

• LazyBlondeChef
    edited April 2023
    I'm so glad to see you again @acpgee ... I'm used to you posting nearly everyday so I wondered what happened to you. Good to know it was a trip!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited April 2023
    Soup: linguiça, potatoes & kale. Also had salad but forgot to take a photo.

iewki3qg8ccs.jpeg
  • acpgee
    A restaurant meal from the first night our trip to visit my mom. Two starters and a salad from Del Piaciare a restaurant in Little Italy, Ottawa.
    hwc4j36235bi.jpeg
    nc4h7c043jz4.jpeg
    kap3poqq58as.jpeg

• acpgee
    Still jet lagged from transatlantic flight so second meal at home was also pulled out of the freezer. Duck confit cooked sous vide in a huge batch in portioned bags and frozen 2 months ago was broiled for 15 minutes along with potatoes. Potatoes were par boiled 3 minutes, then tossed in the sous vide bag to coat with a little duck fat and scattered between the duck legs. Sauteed some spinach while everything else was in the air fryer. Gravy was the warmed liquid from the sous vide bag.
    9t5ufw26y9wj.jpeg
  • acpgee
    First night of cooking from scratch after returning home on Friday from transatlantic trip. Chicken lok lak with Szechuan steamed aubergine salad and rice. The lok lak stir fry sauce containing was the element made in advance a month or two ago and stored in the fridge in a sqeeze bottle. Homemade stir fry sauces containing non perishables like fish sauce, oyster sauce and tamarind can be stored in the fridge for months.
    60muz6wwrn10.jpeg

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I’ve had a tin of Lebanese style beans & chickpeas that I picked up, in either Aldi or Lidl, probably 6 months ago because I was curious. Then didn’t quite know what they actually were or what to do with them.

Bit the bullet last night and opened the can…added baby plum tomatoes, lemon juice & parsley as the label suggested. Served with Freekeh and a cucumber, red onion, red and green pepper salad dressed with lemon juice and fresh mint.

It wasn’t bad! I’m thinking it resembles a dish called Ful Medames but I’m not really familiar with the cuisines from that part of the world.

84zfqh7y8wsf.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    ed07n5xfgxlc.jpeg

Do you freeze your vodka sauce with the cream in it or add it after thawing?
  • acpgee
    @janicemlove

When I make pasta a la vodka I make a bigger batch of the sauce than I need for the night and freeze the excess with the cream in. I've never had issues with the cream splitting. I defrost in the refrigerator overnight and heat gently before stirring the cooked and drained pasta in.
  • acpgee
    Cooked almost completely from scratch tonight. Lentils cooked in shellfish bisque we had in the freezer. Pan fried sea bream. Chimmichurri we had in the fridge from before we went on holiday last week. Snowpeas sauteed with leftover pre-vacation prosciutto.
    uiaiaux8mhae.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Black bean chili con carne w/some cheddar on top.

36b6mjr0rvh7.jpg