LESS Alcohol ~ APRIL 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,815 Member
    @lmlrn~ How exciting!! Congratulations!

@brittgreenlikethecolor88 ~ Get back on track!! I do know stress!!!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    edited April 2023
    @itladyee I was just thinking about you 2 days ago and then your post popped up! I am very sorry you’ve been under so much stress but am glad to hear from you!

@ahoy_m8 Im glad you are enjoying your HS reunions. I personally would rather chew glass than go to one of mine and I actually keep in better contact with middle school friends than high school. This is the second time you’ve mentioned depression in your recent posts. Are you okay? Can we help in any way?

@GaryM_25 Im in for the podcast review! I think you handled the business trip very well. I had a sales job for about 10 months (too much travel) and I later learned it was my territory managers way of doing things but it was constant drinking and eating after 5 pm. And a lot of pressure to do so.

@dawnbgethealthy How ya doin?

@lmlmrn Ohio! I live 45 minutes north of Ohio. That was very kind of you to let them let their kids finish school. My parents got pushed out of their house early by their buyers so they ended up living in a hotel for 15 days. They had to move their things to storage, then to the new place. Congratulations on your new digs! Adventure awaits!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    @lmlmrn
    "Ok girl you have to spill you guts how far are you from Columbus? My sister is about 45 min east of there. My DD is south 3 hours LOL.......Look out all you LA friends....a retired wanna be is coming to an area near you."

I am 3 hours from Columbus. About 195 miles. I spent summers in Toledo since my grandparents lived there. Does your new place have a pool? lol
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    @ahoy_m8
    I am sorry that you are having depressed feelings. Good on you for recognizing it but soldiering on to events.

@lmlmrn
    Congrats on the house!! You will be closer to your family in Ohio right?

@itladyee
    I am with you on the no deprivation front as opposed to small lifestyle changes.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 17AF days in March.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Tuesday April 25 - AF - My plan to stay AF during the weekdays was because of the new job that I no longer have. I admit that I was having thoughts about what would motivate me otherwise. There was a coughing child in for lunch at the restaurant, and by 2:30 my nose started running. I dropped off some resumes after work, but by the time that I got home I had a full blown cold. I thought it better to take some echinachea and stay off of the booze so that I could get better quickly. Tylenol Cold daytime is on the agenda for today, and Neo Citran tonight after a hot bath.

Rolling total: 13AF days out of 25 days.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    @lmlmrn being close to family you love is always a good thing. I would love to move to Washington but the rest of my family is scattered ( have 2 in Ohio) and nobody in Washington so I guess it's not the right spot for me.

As for pools, they are pretty to look at but most of us are not spending hours swimming laps in there getting gloriously fit or anything. I scrub the mineral and sediment buildup in it. I scoop out the bugs daily. I have to get it re-finished but it's $$$. Once it had a major leak and the whole thing drained out and went down neighborhood like a river. It's a salt water pool so had to buy like 10 bags of salt and spend 2 days re-filling it. The pool light went out and we froze ourselves trying to re-wire the electric cables. And it can't be used for 10 months out of the year. Mine is so costly I am contemplating secretly hiring a company to bring a truckload of dirt to bury it. Then I could plant a garden.
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Hi All! Since joining this group Nov '22 I no longer drink on a daily basis. I'm drinking less for weight loss and overall health.

Wed 4/26: Drinks (1) - MIL has been moved to the new place in NC. We heard that she really enjoyed the 40-minute ride in the wheelchair van. I am so looking forward to seeing her and checking out the new place. As for food/drinks, intermittent fasting and limiting myself to two meals and one healthy snack during the day is working for me, although I seriously "thought" about diving into the cabinets last night after dinner. For dinner DH bought a planned half-size bottle of Cabernet, which worked out well because we each had a glass with dinner. I'm sure we would have had two glasses if the bottle had been normal size. I'm so busy right now because I'm behind at work and need to prepare for traveling, I haven't had a chance to catch up with everyone here. I will do that soon!

Rolling Total: 17 AF Days out of 26
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 17AF days in March.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Wednesday April 26 - AF - I have another job interview Friday after work. Hoping that my nose isn't running like a faucet by then, but I will take some tylenol cold a couple of hours before the interview if it is.

Rolling total: 14AF days out of 26 days.