WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
y4da3ebbybhs.png

:) The delight of a new month, a new page on the calendar, and the opportunity to add healthy habits and discourage some old behaviours that haven't served me well.

:) Thank you for joining me on this journey to better health and fitness. I can't do this alone.

:) The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome. We seem to span an age range of nearly 40 years and find common ground among us.

:) Be sure to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

:) Please sign your post with a name or nickname and a location, general or specific to help us feel more connected.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie!

smiles kim
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today. Oops, wimped out on PT, but did manage to drag my weary butt down to the powerline meadow with the dogs, and weed/plant one big pot ;)
    April summary.
    Move more: Average steps/day 7693 so far, exceeded 7515 goal hooray!
    Fuel better: Good variety of plants/week, quantity improving.
    Live now: progressing with Tumble and Shadow grooming and play training. Joe time investment paying off.
    Average wt for the month down two tenths of a pound. I’ll take it ;)
    Keep same intentions for May.
    Printed out the Oregon HIPAA authorization forms, Joe signed with minimal resistance. Scanned in to laptop, saved to iphone, asked Joe to turn in when he goes for EKG Tuesday, and he agreed. That’s two cooperations I didn’t really expect ;). Next I’ll try medical POA… :devil:

Karen yours to pip. Well said.
    Machka the bug stuff looks like what the ?carpenter ants??Termites? leave behind after digesting the wood trim around the front windows. [shudder]
    Margaret you are right about the usefulness of the humble bumble, plus I like watching them crawl around the evergreen huckleberry blooms. The floral “Temple Lion Censer” made me smile, especially the flowery butt.
    Machka cute, yup. Is that a honey bee butt sticking out of the yellow bloom about a third of the way in to from the right edge?
    Beth :sad: and :rage: your poor mom has to suffer for over a week to get that bad tooth pulled. No pain meds? Grr.
    KJ :… Then, get mad when we were right…” it’s the testosterone poisoning, but knowing that doesn’t help. “not listening to it” is self-care. Brava! Never heard of “mulch glue” sounds like what our traveling pea gravel needs. Thanks!
    Lisa love your evolution in action approach to flowers indistinguishable from weeds. Thanks also for the caution about season 2, I’m with you about that kind of humor. Likewise most slapstick, can’t bear the Three Stooges but Joe is a huge fan. :love: those pics. I’m with Levi about wandering fowl.
    Rita you can not spend too much time on your self care, not with all that you have to deal with.
    Lanette :laugh: :noway: :laugh: Ah yes, coffee and a cigarette before breakfast, yes I relished that. Haven’t smoked since 1999 and rarely have more than one cup of coffee a month ;) Gorgeous chicken chateau and wow they’ve gotten B I G. ((hugs)) and prayers for Kitty and for you.
    Ginny I couldn’t have imagined either ‘til it happened to me. So grateful it’s “behind” me ;)
    Tracey you’re right, gonna make sure I get some apple or pomegranate daily for awhile. Thankful you can get in to see the Doctor Thursday. Hope he does whatever you need for medical leave. Fingers X’d for job opportunities, any airline or office would be lucky to get you. :love: your DD’s friend’s humor. Your DD must be a good friend to have such a good one. Prayers the procedure is successful.
    Heather how is Johnny? Any recurrence of the dizziness?
    Michele ha ha!
    Debbie thanks for the update. Praying Destiny can get into St. Jude’s ASAP.
    Barbie thanks for the May fresh start. Loved the “Where did you find that” meme.
    Welcome ?or is it Welcome Back? @WindyCityGal160 Liz in Chicago!
    Pip after slurping down all the humming bird juice daily last week, all our hummers have disappeared. Gal on NextDoor said they’re probably laying their eggs. Hope they’lll be back soon. How do you capture your stats? Smartwatch? HRM? Or ???

That’s it for now.
    04/30: Move: 0 sets PT, dogs to powerline. steps:4079 so far
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 7+7 apple, beans-cannellini/kidney, ginger, granola, lettuce-butter, oats, pomegranate juice, potatoes-french fries, prunes, raisins, tangerines, walnuts, wheat-burger bun/cronut/ginger snaps/macaroni. CI=1621 way over because of the coffee/cream/cronut but sooo worth it!
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Vimeo church, weed/plant one big pot, two loads laundry. Wt: 134.5
    04/29: Move: 2 sets PT w/D. Jeopardy walking. steps: 7819
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 7 apple, ginger, granola, potatoes-french fries, prunes, tangerines, wheat-burger bun/ginger snaps. CI=1209
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, artisan market with T + S. Wt: 134.3 again.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. April: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,525 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today. Oops, wimped out on PT, but did manage to drag my weary butt down to the powerline meadow with the dogs, and weed/plant one big pot ;)
    April summary.
    Live now: progressing with Tumble and Shadow grooming and play training. Joe time investment paying off.
    Printed out the Oregon HIPAA authorization forms, Joe signed with minimal resistance. Scanned in to laptop, saved to iphone, asked Joe to turn in when he goes for EKG Tuesday, and he agreed. That’s two cooperations I didn’t really expect ;). Next I’ll try medical POA… :devil:

Machka the bug stuff looks like what the ?carpenter ants??Termites? leave behind after digesting the wood trim around the front windows. [shudder]
    Margaret you are right about the usefulness of the humble bumble, plus I like watching them crawl around the evergreen huckleberry blooms. The floral “Temple Lion Censer” made me smile, especially the flowery butt.
    Machka cute, yup. Is that a honey bee butt sticking out of the yellow bloom about a third of the way in to from the right edge?
    Beth :sad: and :rage: your poor mom has to suffer for over a week to get that bad tooth pulled. No pain meds? Grr.
    KJ :… Then, get mad when we were right…” it’s the testosterone poisoning, but knowing that doesn’t help. “not listening to it” is self-care. Brava! Never heard of “mulch glue” sounds like what our traveling pea gravel needs. Thanks!
    Lisa love your evolution in action approach to flowers indistinguishable from weeds. Thanks also for the caution about season 2, I’m with you about that kind of humor. Likewise most slapstick, can’t bear the Three Stooges but Joe is a huge fan. :love: those pics. I’m with Levi about wandering fowl.
    Rita you can not spend too much time on your self care, not with all that you have to deal with.
    Lanette :laugh: :noway: :laugh: Ah yes, coffee and a cigarette before breakfast, yes I relished that. Haven’t smoked since 1999 and rarely have more than one cup of coffee a month ;) Gorgeous chicken chateau and wow they’ve gotten B I G. ((hugs)) and prayers for Kitty and for you.
    Ginny I couldn’t have imagined either ‘til it happened to me. So grateful it’s “behind” me ;)
    Tracey you’re right, gonna make sure I get some apple or pomegranate daily for awhile. Thankful you can get in to see the Doctor Thursday. Hope he does whatever you need for medical leave. Fingers X’d for job opportunities, any airline or office would be lucky to get you. :love: your DD’s friend’s humor. Your DD must be a good friend to have such a good one. Prayers the procedure is successful.
    Michele ha ha!
    Barbie thanks for the May fresh start. Loved the “Where did you find that” meme.
    Pip after slurping down all the humming bird juice daily last week, all our hummers have disappeared. Gal on NextDoor said they’re probably laying their eggs. Hope they’lll be back soon. How do you capture your stats? Smartwatch? HRM? Or ???

That’s it for now.
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 7+7 apple, beans-cannellini/kidney, ginger, granola, lettuce-butter, oats, pomegranate juice, potatoes-french fries, prunes, raisins, tangerines, walnuts, wheat-burger bun/cronut/ginger snaps/macaroni. CI=1621 way over because of the coffee/cream/cronut but sooo worth it!
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Vimeo church, weed/plant one big pot, two loads laundry. Wt: 134.5
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 7 apple, ginger, granola, potatoes-french fries, prunes, tangerines, wheat-burger bun/ginger snaps. CI=1209

Hummingbirds around here are still buzzing around. My stats are from an app called Strava. It tracks my walking, biking, and outside running, it tracks distance, pace, watts, elevation. Also use my Apple Watch to track my average heart rate and max heart rate and the calories that I burned. I never use the calories that it may show on an exercise machine I may be on.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie as always..
    And my.mom would sit there with her More cigarettes and sip her coffee off a teaspoon from her cup for a couple hrs and it was instant coffee to boot..
    Never got a taste for coffee
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Welcome Liz

Debbie – St. Jude’s sounds like the right place for Destiny. Thanks for the update. I’m always in awe of her strength

I don’t like coffee, either. The last time I had a cup was about 5 years ago at a Marriott Hotel (so you know it wasn’t cheap brand). I thought it was so very bitter. Even sugar and milk couldn’t make it taste even halfway decently. Haven’t had any since then. Give me tea (or water)

After dinner went with Vince for a short walk. I think he still needs someone to “push” him. I had to go to him and say “are you ready”. If I hadn’t, he probably wouldn’t have gone. Well, I don’t mind being the “pusher”

Michele NC
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I didn't keep up with spraying my petunias and this morning they had been chewed by the deer...sigh. And they had looked so pretty! Walked at the gym today..stayed within 1200 calories! Did 2 hours of reading. So overall a good day.
    Tomorrow I have plans to get a manicure.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee very often but if I do, it is as dh calls it, coffee flavored milk. Not that bad but close. I do like my sweetened creamer in it. No way can I drink it black or instant(unless it is instant, like International Coffee-don't drink that very often- use it more as my creamer).
    I drink tea ALL day, every day. Start with a black tea in the morning then switch to decaf or herbal around 2PM and keep drinking it until I go to bed. Yes, I am up very often during the night because of it.
    Right now I am having Good Earth Sweet and Spicy- strong cinnamon taste- one of my favorites and drinking it from my favorite cup- former hubby gave it to me with a picture of the two of us when he came out to visit. Went to Pier 39.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,525 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Good morning. A good May morning. A gorgeous morning.

Thank you Barbie for shepherding us all into a new month. :D

The burning question is, will I run this morning? Peut-être.

I have a couple of things I want to improve this month, my nails and my AF days. Oh, and my fewer carbs days.

Could be a painting afternoon?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Won't be a painting afternoon because the cleaner is coming. :'( I could doodle though. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    April summary.

Michele ha ha!

That’s it for now.

Hummingbirds around here are still buzzing around. My stats are from an app called Strava. It tracks my walking, biking, and outside running, it tracks distance, pace, watts, elevation. Also use my Apple Watch to track my average heart rate and max heart rate and the calories that I burned. I never use the calories that it may show on an exercise machine I may be on.

I also use Strava for most of my exercise.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Thank you Barbie as always..
    And my.mom would sit there with her More cigarettes and sip her coffee off a teaspoon from her cup for a couple hrs and it was instant coffee to boot..
    Never got a taste for coffee

I have never smoked. I discovered early on that being anywhere near cigarette smoke made me feel really sick.

Plus it was never something I wanted to spend money on.

Coffee, on the other hand is good! And I mostly drink strong instant coffee. Black as night. 1 to 3 mugs a day.

M in Oz