Bouncing back

So this past week has been a right off.

May 1st was my birthday, so treated myself to steak. Absolutely not sorry and had planned to factor this in for the weeks calories

However what I didn't factor in was my daughter being rushed into hospital and being over my calories for 3 days in a row, relied on rubbish food and takeaways. How's best to proceed? Tips needed

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    Birthdays should be a day to have steak. Other times, too.

I'm sorry your daughter required hospital care, sending healing thoughts.

Back at it. That's what we all do. Just keep your calories at the weight loss recommendation. If you even have any uptick in weight, it will drop back off in a couple days.

Life happens.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,882 Member
    That's in the past, nothing can be done about it and certainly not worth worrying about now. You know.....get back on that horse. Cheers

• Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 264 Member
    A few days won’t undo all the work you’ve put in, unless that three days turns into forever.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    A few days is a drop in the ocean of life. The majority of our days determines the majority of our results, not the rare day or few.

Just get back on your regular routine. You may see a scale jump that's mainly about water retention and extra waste in transit in your digestive system, but that will drop off in a few days to a couple of weeks. (NB for some women, weirdness might continue through a full menstrual cycle, then settle out, but IIRC you're not female.)

Normally, I'd recommend that people who had an unhelpful interlude should make a plan for how to handle a similar future situation more in line with their goals and preferences. Your daughter's emergency seems rare enough not to bother doing that - at least I hope that's true for both your and her sake.

I hope she's doing better now?

For yourself, just get back on your regular healthy track and let it go. It'll be fine.
  • GrumpyDumpty
    GrumpyDumpty Posts: 228 Member
    So. Only a 2 pound gain, I'm hoping this will just drop back off as I've not drunk much water etc. Chuffed with that. Back to it