Chin Implant experience

mianholst
mianholst Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi there! I'm considering getting a chin implant in Canada and would love to hear about your personal experience if you've had one. How did it affect your overall appearance? Was the procedure smooth, and were you satisfied with the results? Any recommendations or things to consider before going ahead with a chin implant?

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member

other than people with genetic facial malformations or injuries through accidents or perhaps bone loss through cancer, - surely people just have different chin shapes and don't need to implant anything.

things to consider - why you are wanting to do this.

recomendations - leave well enough alone (unless in one of above categories)
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 824 Member
    I’ve never had implant anything.. but I do know people who have gotten chin filler.. may be easier than an actual implant and can be dissolved if you don’t like it.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    I just listened to a Jennifer Grey video, about her plastic surgery. Risking a botched face is so not worth it. It's as plain as the nose on our face. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 308 Member
    this is a helpful site. you will need to register on this site to get the full benefits of the forums. it will help you find a doctor in your area and you can ask other to comment on their procedures and recommend doctors. you can also ask questions and doctors will answer.
    https://www.realself.com/
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    edited May 2023
    I’m torn. I was very much in the “look at me, not my chest!” camp, so I had a reduction, which changed my life and how I felt in public. But I didn’t follow recovery advice and ended up with extensive and ugly scarring, and is now particularly noticeable with large weight loss. So there was good and bad.

However, someone I love very much had a nose job in her very early 20’s. After healing, a peice of the cartilage on the very tip slipped sideways, leaving her with a hooked nose straight out of Brothers Grimm.

It’s very noticeable and she sincerely regrets doing it, however, after crushing disappointment and self consciousness, seems to think this is her punishment for vanity, so has chosen to live with it.

Saying all this simply to point out, surgery may have totally different outcomes than you expect, in different and unexpected ways. It’s not a solution to all that ails you, and you should be prepared in case it’s less than you expect.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    There is a nose on my mother's side of the family that is, to borrow Spring's description, a very large hooked nose straight out of Brothers Grimm. It also came with a deviated septum, as younger generations learned. It mostly ran through the males and my mother didn't get it but she did have a female cousin who got it. If I'd gotten that nose I'd have worked multiple jobs and saved up every last penny to get rhinoplasty as soon as possible. As a woman, you had zero chance of any degree of facial attractiveness with that nose.

I see nothing wrong with getting cosmetic surgery to correct some aspects of a feature if it bothers you THAT much. Choose a reputable surgeon (not necessarily the cheapest!) who is realistic about the results that can be achieved.