Success: A Year Ago I Couldn't Walk to My Car...

Daeygur
Daeygur Posts: 39 Member
Hello! It's an obligatory success post since people really seem to like them! :smile:

Here's a little backstory.

A year ago, I couldn't even walk to my car without being in pain. My hips hurt so much, my legs were struggling to hold up my 390 pounds, and whenever I went into Walmart or any store, I had to be in either an electric wheelchair or have someone push me in a manual wheelchair. Every time I rode by the mirrors, or someone would give me a dirty look, I'd become so self-conscious that I finally gave up and told myself that I was meant to be here. I was meant to be the fat person that would never be healthy, would never go to college, would never wear cute clothes, or ride roller coasters or go on holidays. I'd always be the girl that would get snickered at, or whispered about when someone would see me.

That was my destiny. That was the hole I had buried myself in.

Well, that hole has finally been filled.

Today, I walked 2.76 miles.
Today, I walked 2.76 miles without stopping for breath or resting.

A year ago I had to be dropped off at the door and waddle over to an electric wheelchair, but today I put on my new workout shoes. Walked down the steps, and walked 2.76 miles!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

So, for those of you that feel like you're never going to get there, for those of you that struggle getting out of bed without wheezing or struggling to breathe, for those of you that can barely walk two minutes without feeling as though you're having a heart attack. I want you--all of you to know that you can do it.

Coming from someone who weighed 390 pounds in May 2022, who couldn't walk to her car without a cane, who couldn't stand for two minutes without feeling as though her back was going to break, who couldn't walk down the parking lot and had to be dropped off at the door, who had to take an electric wheelchair to shop, who never ate at restaurants because I couldn't fit in a booth, who never swam at the pool because I was embarrassed, who never talked to people and didn't have friends, who always stayed in bed from day to night wishing I was dead

To someone who is making friends everyday, to someone who can walk around a store without struggling to breathe, to someone who fits inside a booth, to someone who swam in the pool in front of people (and got stuck inside lmaooo), to someone who can run down the stairs, to someone who smiles and chats with people wherever she goes, to someone who fits inside a 2X shirt, to someone who wears a 2X dress, to someone who can stand and clean for hours without breaking, to someone who never has to stay in bed all day because she has a life to live, and to someone who walked 2.76 miles without stopping.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!

Replies

• mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    What an accomplishment!
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,302 Member
    Congratulations!!! You have the perfect attitude. You can be very proud of what you have accomplished.
  • Daeygur
    tuddy315 wrote: »
    Congratulations!!! You have the perfect attitude. You can be very proud of what you have accomplished.

Thank you so much!!!
  • Daeygur
    mjglantz wrote: »
    What an accomplishment!

Thank you!!!! <3
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    You are an absolute champion of the very finest kind, and you've reclaimed yourself and your life. Many cheers for you (and what a great example for others)!
  • Daeygur
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    You are an absolute champion of the very finest kind, and you've reclaimed yourself and your life. Many cheers for you (and what a great example for others)!

Thank you so much!!!!
  • TooSmartToBeThisFat
    TooSmartToBeThisFat Posts: 3 Member
    So happy to see another post from you! Another inspiring one that gives me hope! Thanks for sharing this. 😊👏
  • Daeygur
    So happy to see another post from you! Another inspiring one that gives me hope! Thanks for sharing this. 😊👏

Of course!!! <3 I'm rooting for you!!!
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,445 Member
    Congratulations! U are an exercise enthusiast now! Love it! Keep on grabbing those goals and claiming it!
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    This is so incredibly inspiring. You have an amazing light to share with the world. 💜
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Thank you for posting this. You have written with such feeling and expressed yourself beautifully. You did bring tears to my eyes. Your perspective on your struggle is eye opening to some, and I’m sure inspiring and hopeful to others.
  • MovinNow
    MovinNow Posts: 131 Member
    Thank you so much for posting this. You give me hope for a future where I can fit in an airline seat again…
    Hugs
  • smcleod95078
    smcleod95078 Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you so much! It's SO easy to become discouraged and want to just give up. Thanks to you, I'm going to keep going! :-)
  • Daeygur
    Thank you so much! It's SO easy to become discouraged and want to just give up. Thanks to you, I'm going to keep going! :-)

I'm rooting for you!!!
  • Daeygur
    MovinNow wrote: »
    Thank you so much for posting this. You give me hope for a future where I can fit in an airline seat again…
    Hugs

Of course! We got this!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!