1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 tablespoons Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Skim Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Icing:
1/4 Cup Confectioners Sugar
1 teaspoon Water
1-2 drops Almond Extract

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix the scone ingredients together with a spoon. Spray an 8" round pie plate with butter flavored cooking spray. Divide the dough mixture into 4 mounds (a little over 1/4 cup each) and place into the pie plate. The dough will be slightly runny and may start to run together. Once baked though, you will still be able to see where to cut the scones apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool. In a small bowl mix the ingredients for the icing together. Drizzle evenly over each scone.

Serves: 4
Per Serving: 185 Calories; 1g Fat (5.7% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 141mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 3

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/BakedGoods2/OatmealScones.html

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    3/4 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
    1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
    1 teaspoon Baking Powder
    1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
    2 tablespoons Packed Brown Sugar
    1/2 Cup Skim Milk
    1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Icing:
    1/4 Cup Confectioners Sugar
    1 teaspoon Water
    1-2 drops Almond Extract

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix the scone ingredients together with a spoon. Spray an 8" round pie plate with butter flavored cooking spray. Divide the dough mixture into 4 mounds (a little over 1/4 cup each) and place into the pie plate. The dough will be slightly runny and may start to run together. Once baked though, you will still be able to see where to cut the scones apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool. In a small bowl mix the ingredients for the icing together. Drizzle evenly over each scone.

Serves: 4
    Per Serving: 185 Calories; 1g Fat (5.7% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 141mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 3

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/BakedGoods2/OatmealScones.html
  • Sounds delicious. I'm going to try it soon. Thanks!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Sounds delicious. I'm going to try it soon. Thanks!
    :flowerforyou:
    Very welcome!
    I'm trying this tomorrow.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Ok, I made these this morning... they turned out like 4 big oatmeal cookies... look nothing like scones. I did use whole wheat flour instead so maybe that's why they weren't runny.
    I added less than a handful of dates. I should have added 2 packets of Splenda b/c they're a bit bland for my taste. I have yet to make the icing so maybe that will make it better. They are soft & chewy. I might spread some cool whip on them or something. You can even spread some peanut butter on and that would be yummy.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    I'm going to have to make some of those!! They would definately be better than the 280 calorie donut I had after lunch - yes, I finally caved. These would be more filling too!
  • Healthier_Me
    It filled me right up.

~Joanna:flowerforyou: