Roll call ~ Friday, March 8, 2024

mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,552 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,552 Member
    Light sleeping last night for some reason, up at 4:30.

My second day of tracking food on Fitbit; haven't tracked in a long while, and it does make a difference. At least i'm more conscious of what goes in my mouth and how often. And how much.

Lee, hopefully HR will bring about change needed at work.

Hoping Steve can get his company's year-end and taxes all done, and not get too pulled into moving the factory, (and running to the hardware store? )

Congrats to all the folks loosing weight, reaching goals, etc. And good luck to the surgery candidates.

Off to a day of paddling...
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,893 Member
    Mornin' gents.

DSL this weekend. I will miss the early morning light, but it will come back.
    I am cautiously optimistic about HR. This company's HR has a reputation for being toothless and ineffective. Very Montessori. Thanks for the positive thoughts.
    MRI day for Sam's knee. Will they allow an emotional support Pablo on the table?
    Saw a blurb on the news about an alligator chasing a Sheriff Deputy from a pond in northern Georgia. They suspect it may be a left over from a now defunct program where chicken farmers could get a permit to place alligators in a farm pond to help manage chicken carcasses. No wonder alligator tastes like chicken.
    Hitting the road for Altoona PA at noon, heck or high water. Big dinner tonight. Need to be mindful.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,270 Member
    Good morning!

Whew! It has been slightly busy. Today is moving day! The factory is probably 75% moved. We are moving the office starting at 8:00 this morning. It was going to be on Monday, but I was asked to move it up, and the moving company was able to do this. We will all be at the new building and production will start at the new building on Monday. I hope to get back to my side gig of accounting soon. I am late on some taxes, and I have not started closing the fiscal year yet. I did complete the insurance audit yesterday that poked right in on the other fun. Somehow I have seem to become the moving coordinator now.

Bill, earnest prayer for your operation today. I pray that you will see healing relief and a successful operation. You have been through a lot. I pray that this helps.

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,893 Member
    edited March 8
    How did I miss that Bill was having surgery TODAY?
    Best of luck!

Sounds like you moved mountains, Steve.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,824 Member
    I believe Bill is scheduled for three.
    My MRI is not till 4 this afternoon, that means Pablo will get his long walk in this morning.
    Steve, at some point you are going to have to shut office door and handle business because when time comes, they will be asking what you were doing instead of realizing all they ask you to do that had nothing to do with accounting.
    Hope trials go great for Lee and girls.
    My weight has been stalled.
    Cloudy and drizzle for about an hour heavier rain tonight and in morning, about 70 though. Reckon spring has sprung.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,673 Member
    Good Morning

There is a lot going on isn't there? Steve, that must have been a fun conversation. "Oh Steve, it would be great if we could move tomorrow rather than wait till Monday. Do we have year end financials yet?" I love being retired!

I finally got a call at 7:30 last night from the Surgery Center, to review prep for the surgery and up the time. So I assume they worked out the EKG review thin, I didn't ask. Now scheduled for 2pm pacific, and was told to expect a 2 hour surgery if they do everything planned. I got up at 4:30 to get in an allowed light breakfast and take 2 Tylenol the only meds. I am ready to get this done and get whatever improvement I will get. We enjoyed Dune Part Two, though being able to knock back a pint of IPA during the movie would have been nice. It has been a long time.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,165 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

Hope the surgery goes well, Bill.

I was still at 168, yesterday. DW wants me to aim for the 150s. The effort goes on hold today. The family is all coming over for my b-day and I am smoking ribs for supper. With the beans, cornbread, potato salad and chocolate cake I expect to blow all me weekly points in one sitting.

• podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,146 Member
    Paddle on Mike!!!
    Good luck with the Surgery Bill!!! My son got his hip arthroscopic surgery which turned out to be a bit more complicated than expected (whatever that means). Hope it works out for him.
    Light frost this morning, really almost nonexistent and 31-32deg. Got my lettuce starts planted in containers yesterday. figured out how to easily attach a floating row cover over both pots for last night. They will be fine.
    I need to get in the 150s again myself. right now at 161 and would rather be about 157 or 158lb I think.
    Hang in there everyone and especially Bill in Surgery.